Reviews for The Music Lovers
ghostwritten2 chapter 5 . 8/18/2018
Ooh, your take on Erik - or rather, Aime - is very intriguing so far. I really wonder why he's been off his music for three years, but I hope that the encounter with Christophe and his singing will make him feel less suicidal.

Really looking forward to reading Christophe's side of the not-quite-meeting. You've got me hooked.
dailythoughtsofb chapter 4 . 8/15/2018
Oh no no no a cliffhanger. What will happen to poor Christophe?! I eagerly await the next installment
dailythoughtsofb chapter 2 . 8/14/2018
This is really very intriguing _ I think this is the first genderbent story I've read for Phantom.
ghostwritten2 chapter 4 . 8/13/2018
Poor Christophe! What a comedy of errors. All that, and then him fainting.

Really wonder what Philippe is planning. And how he is so familiar with Christophe's situation.

I continue to love Rina. And I eagerly await the next chapter!
Wheel of Fish chapter 4 . 8/13/2018
Oh, poor Christophe. But seriously, WHAT? What is Philippe doing?! I'm as baffled as our protagonist.

I had no idea we'd be let into Maurice's secrets so soon, but the tension is so palpable now and I love it. Oh man, their next meeting (soon, I imagine?) is going to be aaawkwaaard.

I'm excited for the next chapter :)
Wheel of Fish chapter 3 . 8/2/2018
Ooooh, the Persian! I wasn't expecting that! And he just radiates hotness.

What a mess for Christophe to come home to, but such a solid way to drive the plot. I can't wait to see the employment you have in store for him. And I really can't wait to see what happens at the impromptu dinner party!

And, let's be honest: I'm dyyyiiing to meet your Erik. I hope soonish. :)
Wheel of Fish chapter 2 . 8/2/2018
ROSE. You are SO GOOD at characters! uuughghgh. I loooove theeeem, all of them: the sibling interactions, the shy and awkward fondness Rina feels for Christophe, Maurice...they're all so wonderfully fleshed out in my head already that it's like I'm watching a movie!
ghostwritten2 chapter 3 . 7/29/2018
Ooh, I love the appearance of the Persian and I love your version of Mamma Valerius and her relationship with Christophe. Can't wait to see what happens at the soiree. This continues to be really really good!
frnknfrtr chapter 3 . 7/29/2018
“a princess reuniting with her pauper…” AWWW. Squealing with the cuteness. I know this is E/C but it’s going to be REALLY hard for me to not get quickly attached to Rina.

Love how you include the Daroga’s jade eyes . Many people forget that Leroux detail!

It’s really sad that Christophe doesn’t really sing anymore. You can tell he truly misses it.

These have been such good chapters and I am extremely excited to meet your version of Erik! Thanks for the update! :)
frnknfrtr chapter 2 . 7/23/2018
This is such a cool addition. I like how you really let us get to know the de Chagny family, and introduce characters like Maurice and Felix. I looove the name Rina for gender bent Raoul.

It was such a great meeting, very dramatic and almost slow motiony in my mind when I read her looking into Christophe's eyes. They are already so sweet together!:) especially with her saying his name in her sleep
ghostwritten2 chapter 2 . 7/22/2018
Really liked this chapter; I enjoyed meeting Rina and her brothers and seeing her reunion with Christophe. I love that Christophe is the one to call Rina Little Lotte in this fic.
phantom-triumpha chapter 1 . 7/16/2018
i loved this so much & i'm dying to read the rest of the story! your writing is truly beautiful 333
Wheel of Fish chapter 1 . 7/16/2018
Yaaaay I'm so glad you published! I love love love how you've revised the beginning; it shows so much more of Christophe and his background and adorably soft personality. It's so different to see a strained relationship with daddy Daae, too (which I know was in v. 1.0 but I'm noting it regardless). Can't wait to see where it goes!
ghostwritten2 chapter 1 . 7/16/2018
Ooh, very very interesting. I don't think I've read a genderbent version of POTO before. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.
frnknfrtr chapter 1 . 7/15/2018
OK I love that you add the Leroux detail of Christine/Christophe being nearsighted, because I am nearsighted too and it makes a girl feel valid. And he has the same writing callous as me! Truly I am projecting onto this character but after the anger ask on tumblr I can't help it. I love this so far.

I like how Christophe is documenting things in his journal, it is very sweet and so is he. I like how patient he was with Claudette.

The beginning is written with such vivid detail but I am a bit confused on what is going on. I'll have to wait for the next chapters to figure it out. :)
30 | « Prev Page 1 2