Reviews for When Dawn Breaks The Night
Guest chapter 35 . 11/7/2012
Was this the end of the story? And is lily dead?
Shira Lansys chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Just thought I should tell you that you've posted this story under the wrong Lily. This Lily is Harry's daughter.
WHY chapter 35 . 6/24/2012
Why did you have to make this last chapter so so sad?
Akt5us chapter 35 . 6/12/2012
I really enjoyed reading this story! I just re-read it and it was a nice read to take a break form finals with. I like how James grew because of Lily and learned to love. I do wish he had a bit more Morse and didn't show his emotions as much. However wonderfully written story! :)
KaitlinM17 chapter 35 . 10/23/2011
... HOW DARE YOU! Ahhh. Just kidding.

That was amazing... And a vr
skyblueinkpen chapter 35 . 8/12/2011 heads up..this will probably be a long review for the entire story.

First I would like to say, you did an amazing job with the VERY different characterizations of Lily and James. Typically, we have the class clown and the fiery redhead. But your characterizations was lovable still, especially James. The dry humor was enjoyable to read and I liked how you had their interaction to be non-cheesy yet romantic and cute still. Also, with their characterization, I quite liked the chemistry between them.

Secondly, I was surprised how you drifted away from the typical LilyxJames plotline YET most things still made sense in the story. Such as saving Snape, the Animagi, Lily and Petunia's fallout. VERY creative with the fallout between Petunia and Lily as it makes sense of the things she said about Potter in the first book.

Third I liked how you didn't overemphasize one aspect of anything. Everything was nicely balanced. Sirius/James friendships was still seen as strong but they weren't in every plotline which I find a very successful writing strategy. The Potter drama was important but it didn't take up a lot of story plotline. So, I must say, good job with that. I personally don't like it when one part of a story is too heavily emphasized on.

Lastly...on James/Lily relationship: It was very practical, the way they fell in love. I can almost believe this was they way it happened. It's quite amazing how you written a romantic story without the cheesiness/clicheness that usually accompanies romance. :)

All in all, WELL DONE! Sorry..this was all my thoughts bottled up while reading the story.
Kushina98 chapter 35 . 6/7/2011
Oh. My. God.

I don't know what else to say. That was an amazing story, and I have cried more reading it than I have in the past year. It was beautiful-If I could write stories like that, I would be a billionare. I absolutely love you. I can say that with full certainty without even having met you. You are my soul sister. Thank you for posting that brilliant story for the world.
N chapter 35 . 12/13/2010
Okay, I know you' probably won't even see this review, but after spending a good couple of hours reading it, I feel compelled to say something. This last chapter made me feel very cheated. I can appreciate the beauty of an unhappy ending if it feels natural for the story, but in this case it didn't. This ending actually felt like a slap in the face to the readers. We watched the characters evolve and grow together and it was truly a joy to see how Lily brought James out of the darkness. And then, without any warning, everything turns to shit. It makes the whole story seem pointless. I kind of feel like I wasted my time reading this. Worst of all, it's not even canon compliant. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but it kind of bugs me when James and Lily stories have bad resolutions. I feel like since they had to die so young and tragically, they should have atleast lived happily. I don't know, maybe you were in a bad place when you wrote this? I guess we'll never really know. Thanks at least for the good first 30 or so chapters. They were such an interesting take on James and Lily.
Atimahs chapter 17 . 12/31/2009
I love it too much how Petunia and Vernon care about Lily. It kind of makes me cry (not really) to think that it's all going to change. I swear, you will be famous one day with this kind of writing. I think I'm going to place a bet on it.

RobinsInNeedOfAWorkOut chapter 11 . 12/31/2009
I somehow love and hate James all at the same time. You are a wonderful writer.
gakuenjulie95 chapter 35 . 5/9/2009
I HATE YOU! *sniff* *sniff* (bursts into tears)
erisar chapter 35 . 1/19/2009
You you you EUGH. How could you do that? I loved your fic but the ending totally RUINED it. Its all wrong. Lily and James have Harry then a later they DIE. Both, together. James doesn't go on to marry some Penelope. He dies. With Lily.

This chapter has so utterly depressed me and brought me to a low where the only high will be if you wrote a sequel and...and put them back together. Because this is not a good ending. It seems as if you just wanted to end the story and this was the quickest way to do it. Those letters and this chapter brought tears to my eye and I can NOT believe you would end it so. Take this as a flame if you will, but there better be a sequel so there will be a better ending than this one and so I can read more of the precious Lily and wonderfully moody James.

That is all.
Lilames555 chapter 35 . 1/9/2009
that was a sad ending but i didn't like it the rest of the story was great but the ending sucked sorry but i didn't mean to be rude but i feel like she should of come back and james shouldn't of gotten married
TheCutie chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
OMG I actually cried at the end... it's soo sad and good written. I love the darker James and Lily is soo sweet.. she loves Christmas and i do too... i think it 's my new favourite fic ...

bye and thxs
Mina Montserrat chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
This is one of my favorite fan fiction.