Reviews for The Devil's in the Details
Infinite's Ruby chapter 4 . 3/29
I absolutely love how you portray Mario and Luigi's sibling bond as this is Mario is supportive towards Luigi. It's also nice to see the rest of the fighters showing support for Luigi.

Both Pauline and Cappy's introduction was really great to read especially with the references to the song Pauline wrote for Mario during the events of Odyssey.

The conversation between Mario and Peach is really heartfelt. I like your explanation for Peach's actions during the ending to Super Mario Odyssey. It's great to see both Mario and Peach were able to reconcile and they still have a strong friendship between them.

That last line with Gandonodrof who still has his sights set on Luigi's dark power is beginning to set his plan into motion.

Great chapter as always! I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter. This story continues to be impressive and I'm liking every single chapter of this story.
Infinite's Ruby chapter 3 . 3/29
First of all, I'm sorry it took me this long to catch up with this story because mostly I've been busy with my studies.

I really liked the conversation between Luigi and Plautena with the differences between light and dark halves of an individual.

I'm intrigued to see how Ganondorf will execute his plan to awaken the darkness within Luigi's heart along with seeing how long his alliance with Ridley will last. Something tells me the worse is yet to come.

The conversation between Mario and Luigi is heartwarming and poignant at the same time. I love how comforting Mario is towards Luigi with the latter being concerned over the prophecy which shows how strong their bond is.

Overall, this is a fantastic chapter. I'm eager to read the next chapter to see what happens next. Keep up the excellent work with this story.
Infinite's Ruby chapter 2 . 11/18/2019
I absolutely love the fact Bowser is protective of his kids which shows even how much he cares for his kids.

The fight against Ridley is intense especially with Luigi unleashing the Negative Zone on Ridley. I could feel Luigi's anger directed at Ridley. I loved the plot twist that Ganondorf is interested in Luigi's special attack only when it's beneficial to him.

I'm glad to see Mario was able to be revived. It's a clever way to utilize Mipha's spirit. What is heartwarming is the fact Luigi and Peach were able to bring Mario's spirit back along with him being reunited with Luigi and Peach.

This is a another fantastic chapter, the fight scene had me on the edge of my seat. Keep up the excellent work with this story!
Infinite's Ruby chapter 1 . 11/10/2019
I know I'm late to this story, but oh my goodness I like how the first flashback is clam with the fighters relaxing and mingling in the beginning, especially with Mario and Luigi's interactions.

What hit me in the emotions was both Luigi and Peach having to cope with the news of Mario's sudden death from Ridley. I love how you portrayed both Luigi and Peach's reactions as both of them are devastated by Mario's death.

One thing I love is how Samus acting as the voice of reason as despite what happened at the abandoned reactor she knows Ridley the best and she wants to make sure that no one else gets hurt or killed at Ridley's hands.

This is a great start to the story which I'll be sure to read more of when I get the chance job so far!
Guest chapter 9 . 8/13/2019
It was a really interesting story! I just didn't like how you also killed of Mega Man (kind of) when it didn't matter in the story. I was a bit dissapointed when he wasn't a major character. I also was happy that there weren't grammatical errors in it. It bugs me a lot. Great story, and keep up the good work!
ViolaHarmony chapter 9 . 2/6/2019
So much emotion! Poor bros... :’( You really put them through the wringer in this story. (Well, I guess Nintendo is partly to blame, too, for giving us those crazy intense trailers) ;) I’m just glad they pulled through. It was wonderful to see Mario and Luigi supporting each other and working together. They truly are at their most powerful when they work together. (I liked how you mentioned their awesome Bros. Attacks!)
LOL! I loved it when Isabelle accidentally saved the day! Fantastic story! :)
ViolaHarmony chapter 7 . 2/6/2019
Haha! Oh Mario... :’D Never change indeed.
ViolaHarmony chapter 6 . 2/1/2019
LOL! Dad!Bowser is awesome! Especially when he inadvertently adopted a Squirtle! XD
ViolaHarmony chapter 4 . 1/31/2019
Beautifully written story! I love how you portray Mario's and Luigi's brotherly relationship.
I find the idea of Luigi having dark powers very interesting. And it does make sense, given his history with the Negative Zone and even with Lucien the evil tennis racket. And while Paper Luigi is a separate character, I think it's plausible that non-paper Luigi would have similar experiences and issues with darkness.
I like how you write all the different characters. It's fun to see how all the characters from various universes interact with each other. It's heartening to see the other characters being supportive of Luigi. I liked what Greninja said about having dark powers but choosing to use them for good.
I have to say, Angry!Peach was super funny to me. Especially when Bowser hid from her. XD
Captain Luky Greace chapter 9 . 12/9/2018
Oh gosh... What a story...

This is like... The first story I read about these two (and the first full story I read about SSB), I was just searching some "fun" fanfiction on SSB, because i'm actually in the hype since it's released (and waiting to have my switch for christmas... it's sad) and... Gosh, I'm not disappointed, all the themes used are something I love to read ! Drama, kinda angst and family ! I love reading fanfiction based on Family ! And it's even well written, I loved.

I'm not a big mega fan of the Mario series (Mario Galaxy is the game I enjoyed the most actually) I like to play it of course but it's only that... And this fic... Breath all of the spirit of Nintendo. (The scene with Isabelle coming was fun to read lol) the relation Luigi-Mario is so wonderful, I'g love to read these kind of relation and what is funny is how you worked on Peach/Mario relation, like they doesn't really know in which kind of love they are, they are really cute. Other characters are really in character too, it's fine to see Link who doesn't speak (there are stories where he speak too, but being him mute isn't a problem too).

I guess I read one of you One Shot where Luigi meet an Absol and was about before the World of Light trailer, it was good too ! But here, it was far better. I have friend who is a big Luigi's fan, she will be happy to read this :D
Just simple question, will you write another fanfiction like this ? Still in SSB ? That's my only question.

Thank you for writing this, I enjoyed it so far !
Mariogeek chapter 9 . 11/25/2018
You don't know how long I've waited for a good Mario/Luigi Smash fic! Thanks for writing this, it was beautiful!
animegamefanatic chapter 8 . 11/19/2018
Mario and Luigi are like yin and yang...I always felt they relied on each other for their strengths and weaknesses even though they're capable of standing on their own.
Shana Hager chapter 9 . 10/25/2018
I'm happy there are more Luigi stories floating around. Thanks for writing this story and God bless.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/18/2018
I enjoyed Palutena's discussion with Luigi. The difference between the light and dark halves brought up an interesting point. If only the light can overpower the dark that easily, but every story needs its conflict, right?

And what a brotherly moment at the end, Mario giving Luigi assurance. Such a nice scene here. But I can't help but feel bad for the latter. Luigi really has been going through so much tough luck that it's sad.
Golden Eye chapter 2 . 10/18/2018
Smash Bros. is such a cool crossover in general because it allows integration between the characters from different IP's. That's what I like about this story as it features tons of people from Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and others as well.

I guess you can't include everyone in here unless it's for cameos, but I'm liking the cast selection for this plot. Making Ganondorf the antagonist is an intriguing choice to target Luigi, and the reason behind it sets up the backstory. I'm glad Mario got revived, too. I have a feeling he's going to play a huge role with Luigi and Peach later on.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »