Reviews for Wounds
Paul chapter 23 . 2/19/2019
Like his new version of Cersei’s prophecy. Less dark than the orIginal
Her coloring stannis love akin to Bert and suspecting him of adultery is interesting
Rather sharp talk between her and stannis about getting more guards
Seems like she mistook love for lust at first
Good to see her opinions of her allies. Somehow I’d missed Lysa vein among them earlier
Odd mixture of deep and shallow how she was just upset about beating children who wouldn’t resemble ber
Quaryl a ties toncersei more creepy than I’d thought

Looks like War is coming. Wonder which side of either the Greyjoys will take
Paul chapter 22 . 2/19/2019
Like how he chapter opens with a letter
So Trant is alive. Guess I misunderstood that
Debate Cyrenna being disnehberited but it’s still intereting storywise
He high Septon a rebuttal isn’t that bad. The idiot is about to start a war though
Guest chapter 21 . 2/19/2019
Stannis reaction starting with anger Cersei is sleeping with a kingsguard was rich
Good to hear barristan consulted and speak against meryn
Stannisbstrategy of not being patient is interesting
Stannis anger at Lyanna is kind of creepy but maybe understandable
Meryn death anticlimax but not unsatisfying
Not sure if mob meant to have killed or rescued Cersei at the end
Guest chapter 23 . 2/19/2019
Keep it coming!
laurapal chapter 22 . 2/18/2019
I love how you brought the Lannister-Baratheon alliance to halt. So similar to cannon yet still pretty original. I can't wait for Tywin to learn the truth after probably following Cersei down that rabbithole.
Guest chapter 22 . 2/18/2019
I love
Guest chapter 22 . 2/18/2019
Good chapter.

The letters and their wording are along the lines we expected. So while the High Septon is in Cersei's pocket he also very firmly hates her and is backed into a corner. Yeah, a typical situation if you are on her side really. It will be interesting to see how effective the High Septon's letter will be.

What is sure is that the Faith will be dismantled in her current form. Stannis, if he wins as I believe, would have never tolerated the High Septon helping Cersei. Now that even the Most Devout sided with her, or at least those currently in King's Landing, there is no question that there will be a culling of the Faith. Once he is done the new High Septon will be little more than his personal delivery boy.

And Cersei. She just started a war that will cost thousands of innocent lives and laughs at the letters wording in delight. She truly has no concept that lives might have value beyond their use for herself.

Until next.
Winter1231505 chapter 22 . 2/17/2019
Ooof my dude i don't know how long it's gonna take you to see this but the publishing of this chapter messed up, everything is in rich text

I don't know if I can delete reviews but just a heads up for now
Guest chapter 22 . 2/17/2019
You need to fix this chapter
gtbmel chapter 22 . 2/17/2019
This chapter is published with the formatting instructions. Could you please re-publish the chapter so it is easier to read? I really enjoy reading your story.
ochreish chapter 22 . 2/17/2019
One of the best I’ve ever read in this fandom. Your writing is compelling - I’m especially interested in your take on canon.
patty.clark.792 chapter 22 . 2/16/2019
What is this? What happened? Can you resend the chapter?
Kark22 chapter 22 . 2/16/2019
Chapter 22 seems corrupted.
carl9390 chapter 22 . 2/16/2019
Fantastic best thing you've ever written
Guest chapter 21 . 2/16/2019
Great chapter.

Stannis actions are fully in-character. He isn't one for intrigued and Cersei cuckolding him is a attack on his pride he simply can't stomach. And to be fair while rushed the plan wasn't a bad one. If someone had remembered to gag Cersei or if Imry hadn't a truly unbelievable timing it would have worked. I also liked how when he thought he was about to die his last thought was another complain about how he will be unfavourable compared to Robert.

Cersei's reasoning for her actions? Totally her. Cheating on her husband, commuting multiple counts of treason, destabilizing the throne, all this becomes Stannis didn't allowed her the power she wanted. Honestly reminds me of the Mountain burning his brothers face off because Sandor played with a toy Gregor grew bored with.

Lyanna proved herself a grade-A badass. Hell, she is more competent than the majority of the Kingsguard apparently.

Something that striked me as odd. Barristan says that he spoke against Meryn's appointment after Moore's position became open. Does that mean Ser Mandon Moore was among the knights appointed to the Kingsguard after Stannis became king and at some point in the meantime died, leaving open the spot Trant filled?

Now, I assume Cersei survived and escaped to safety. While I hope for a future PoV chapter from her, I have to say realistically she should have dead at the hands of the mob.

So what happens now. Stannis will of course make a declaration regarding Cersei's crimes, declaring her a traitor and Cassana and Steffon bastards. Cersei will make a similar declarations at soonest possible, probably accusing Stannis of trying to replace her with Lyanna his mistress.

From there it goes to war. Tywin will fight, no question about it. The North will follow Stannis once Lyanna gets a letter to her brother explained the situation. The Stormands will follow Stannis. Same with the Vale and the Riverlands. The Crownlands may make may drag their feet, especially the houses of the Narrow See, but if they fight they will fight for Stannis. Dorne will either stay neutral or follow Stannis, at the very least Doran will make a serious effort to stop the brigads in the mountain passes. Because if they make noise while Stannis fights the Lannister's? He will not forget that. The Reach will follow Stannis. Willas is still a hostage in the Red Keep so siding against him is out. And with Imry Florent implicated in Cersei's crimes that is a prime opportunity to humble the foxes and prove themselves to the king. And of course Mace and his chief Lords are not likely to have forgotten who spoke in favour of executing them in Storm's End only a few short years ago.

I really see no way for this not to end in Stannis favor. Having said that Tywin will make it difficult for him. More concerning the fact the High Septon is in Cersei's pocket (or her fathers) means the Faith leadership will probably try to give this whole affair some very troublesome religious undertones.

And I just remembered Balon, who is liable to screw everyone over. He might ally with the Lannister's against Stannis (with plan to betray them later), he might ally with Stannis against the Lannister's (with plans to betray HIM later). Hell, he might declare war on both of them. I honestly can't say what he will do. At the end the one thing all the descendants of Quellon Greyjoy have in common is you can never count on them for anything.

Something I noticed while re-reading. In Chapter 7(6) "Break and Keep" Ethan Glover is part of Ned rescue party. That is a mistake. While Glover was indeed there during canon he can't be there in this AU. Ethan had originally been part of Brandon Stark's squire and one of his companions, when the latter rode to King's Landing to confront Rhaegar. He like everyone else was imprisoned. Unlike everyone else he was not executed. Instead he remained in his cell until the capital fell and Ned freed him. He then marched with the Northern host to relieve the siege of Storm's End and afterwards accompanied Ned in his search for Lyanna. Since Ned rode to Storm's End here, leaving Arryn to deal with King's Landing, Ethan should at the point of that chapter be in the capital, recently freed by the Vale forces. As for why Ethan wasn't executed like the rest, I am not aware of any canon explanation. My personal headcanon on the matter, as a squire from a northern masterly house he was so unimportant in Aerys worldview that the Mad King simply forgot about him, with the royal advisers who remembered simply not in the mood to watch another young man get executed so they stayed mumm.

Until next time.