Reviews for Being Harry Potter
Whew! There might be a witch hunt yet. I mean, everyone knows who it is, really. Who is the resident sociopath at school? Oh, right. Draco. One of the things that I really dislike about Dumbledore is his constant attempts to redeem people. Not because redeeming people is a bad thing, but he is always making all the rest of everyone suffer for his obsession. He is perfectly happy to sacrifice Ron, Katie, Slughorn, Rosmerta, and everyone who gets injured (and potentially murdered) during the DE invasion of Hogwarts just to "redeem" Draco. It is so incredibly distorted and wrong.

I think Luna may be surprised when she realizes how much of Harry is left, and that Draco's mind and Harry's emotions might actually form something new, some new gestalt. Hmm.

Looking forward to what happens next!
outlawpoet chapter 13 . 9/7
my kingdom for a chapter from Dumbledore's perspective! He's treating Draco-Harry differently, but the changes could be suspicion, pride, interest in the visible changes, or anything in between! Another chapter that raises fascinating questions and further interest in the next memory!
Thefortunateone chapter 13 . 9/6
Loved it loved it loved it! Can’t wait to read more!
Thefortunateone chapter 12 . 9/6
I really enjoyed ur version of Christmas at the burrow!
M so happy that u recognized Ron as a loyal and good friend and a sincere person. I can’t stand fanfics with Ron bashing. Anyway enjoyed it!
ghostcrab311 chapter 12 . 9/4
This is a really interesting take that I have never seen before. (And I read a lot of FF. :D) Having the Potter palimpsest (I learned a new word from this story too!) in play is really intriguing. It is a deeply philosophical question: where do our feelings come from? Why do we experience the emotional reactions we do to things, and what would happen if a consciousness suddenly experienced different emotional reactions like this. That can't help but change you in very fundamental ways. Draco is in for a real roller coaster ride. And in the end, will he still be Draco? Or will he be a Harry-Draco fusion: Draco's memories, Harry's emotions.

The interplay between them is really well-written. Draco's highly conscious processing and the palimpsest's unconscious reactions.

Great story! As I said, deeply philosophical in nature. I am really enjoying it. :)
could-have-beens chapter 12 . 8/30
I'm really enjoying this fic so far. I love Draco's character development, I love how you portray Ron, I love how you include the Slytherins - honestly, what I love most about this is how you've put all of these amazing things in one fic. I've read them all before in separate stories, but never together in one bash-free story and I'm so so pleased.

As a massive Ron fan, I love how you keep him in character and don't sideline him. I love his friendship with Draco - even if he does think he's Harry. Ron and Draco friendship is something I wish was more popular, so I'm glad it's here.

If there's one thing I wish you would add though is more Ginny. Since it's clear you're setting her up as a love interest, I wish we could see more of her, especially in scenes where she has meaningful interactions with Draco/Harry. They don't even have to be endgame, I just think that she deserves a more prominent role to justify Draco's burgeoning crush on her.

As for Blaise. . . I like how you write him, but frankly, I'm not too keen on his feelings for Hermione. I'm too much of a Romione fan, I suppose. While I'm not the type to nope out of a fic because of pairings, I have to admit, I just find most noncanon ships in fics to be underdeveloped, so I can't say I'm rooting for him in the romance department.

That said, I'm still looking forward to your next updates! I still plan on following this story to end regardless of ships, and I can't wait to read more. Good luck and update soon!
badgerlady chapter 12 . 8/30
Well done.
anon chapter 11 . 8/26
Luna is brilliant and I love her to pieces, oh my gosh.
Thefortunateone chapter 11 . 8/27
Awsome! Can't wait for more!
WhatHappensNext23 chapter 11 . 8/26
Very original idea! I like how the Golden trio dynamic is still there even though Harry's been body snatched. And Luna's great, not enough authors have her as knowing things she shouldn't like she does in canon.
Tenshi-Chikyuu chapter 11 . 8/26
Great chapter! I loved that Luna had so much more space in it. It feels like Draco might need to talk to Snape now.. and there is a slim potential that Hermione could jump to all the right conclusions after listening to that secret conversation... I wonder how Malfoy knew that his mom threw in her lot with Potter tho... he wasn't there yet...
anon chapter 10 . 8/24
Ron/Hermione/Blaise ot3, pleeeease :)

(Are there still people who complain about Teh Gay? In 2018? Goddamn.)
Judal Hiwatari chapter 11 . 8/25
I really enjoyed your take on young Tom Riddle.

Does Draco intend to live the rest of his life as Harry, or why does he try to get his real body into Azkaban for live?
npetrenko chapter 10 . 8/25
Great story. Please write more!
jdkeyes2000 chapter 10 . 8/24
This is the most original story i have read in over 20 years of reading fanfic. Bravo..

Ps. Please keep writing,,, don't let Draco/harry hang by the thread of a memory at the end of a wand.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »