Reviews for Brothers in All But Name
yappingpuppy chapter 6 . 8/6/2018
Yay! They're all better and on their way to being the best of the newsies! And Jack has a little brother - he needs someone to take care of, so I'm glad he "adopted" Race. I think they'll get on well together, don't you? :)

As with all stories I thoroughly enjoy, I wanted this one to go on. Then again, I do like the short ones, too, as they make for quick reading when I need a Newsies fix and don't have a lot of time to get one! :) So this one was just about perfect. Well done!

As for an idea for another story? How about when Jack and Race meet Crutchie? That's one of my favorite things to contemplate, and I'd love to read how you envision them all coming together.
yappingpuppy chapter 5 . 8/6/2018
Yes! I knew it had to be Medda! I'm glad she got them and is seeing them healthy. I always envisioned her as, not so much the motherly sort, but kind of an aunt for Jack - she'll make sure he's OK, but isn't involved directly in his everyday care, unless he needs her to be, just like in your story. Well done. I can stop imagining the worst for these two wonderful characters!
brighteyes421 chapter 5 . 8/6/2018
I am so glad that it was Medda that found Jack and Race. She is such a kind person and will take great care of them.
brighteyes421 chapter 6 . 8/5/2018
Great to see two chapters today. I was so happy to see that it was Medda that found Jack and Race, and helped them to get better. Jack is the ultimate big brother. Jack and Race saved each other not only form being lonely but from Snyder and all the horrors that Snyder could have inflected on them. Looking forward to reading more stories from you.
SomedayonBroadway chapter 4 . 8/4/2018
I love this story so much
yappingpuppy chapter 4 . 8/3/2018
Yay! I can sleep easy knowing Jack got himself and Race away from that thug. Well, easy-ish, because now Jack's HURT! And Race is UNCONSCIOUS! And they're LOST! Gah! This is awful! But have they landed at the back door of a friend? I'm hoping so!
yappingpuppy chapter 3 . 8/3/2018
Yikes! Good thing I've planned to read the next chapter or I'd not get a lick of sleep wondering what's about to happen to Jack and Race. What's wrong with him? Will he get better? Or is Snyder gonna kill them both for trying to escape? I'm on pins and needles!
yappingpuppy chapter 2 . 8/3/2018
Jack is such a protector! Always looking out for others...is it any reason the guys all love him and look to him for guidance?! And, ~insert fangirl squeal of delight here~, Race! ~yet another squeal, because, really, what else can you do?~!
yappingpuppy chapter 1 . 8/3/2018
Oh, my, gosh! The description of Jack's pain was so well-written, I almost reached for aspirin for myself! I'm all aquiver wanting to know what happened and why he got such a beating (not that Snyder would need a reason, but still...).
brighteyes421 chapter 4 . 8/3/2018
Oh am so glad that it was not Snyder that found him. Jack was smart to "trip" so he could lay Race down on the steps and then kick Wilson. I hope that Jack and Race are going to be okay. Both are so young. Please let this be how Jack and Medda meet. She will take them both in and nurse them back to health.
brighteyes421 chapter 3 . 8/2/2018
Oh to be so close to freedom. Jack is trying so hard to keep Race alive and form getting worse. That sent chills down my spine. Please update soon, I have a feeling that things will not go well for either Jack or Race.
Shadow chapter 2 . 7/31/2018
Ooh, I’m excited to read about how they met! I can’t wait for more!
brighteyes421 chapter 2 . 7/30/2018
Very nice to see a new chapter. I like the way you have Race and Jack meet. It is so like Jack to give him the rest of his food even when he him self is hungry and could face punishment. Looking forward to when Jack and Race meet up with Crutchie and the other newsies. I know I have to be patient. Any way I hope you are having a good summer.
brighteyes421 chapter 1 . 7/29/2018
A great first chapter. Poor Jack looking forward to reading more. Snyder is such a spider and a bully. I hope you will post the next chapter soon.