Reviews for Sins Of A Galactic Empire Reborn
Star wars fan chapter 22 . 5/23
I hope you think about my suggestion. It would be a shame if the story I wrote to you died even if you didn't accept it. Please reply anyway, okay, thanks
AmethystPone chapter 1 . 5/23
The ships seem a bit overloaded with too many types of weapons at the same times.

Missiles types aside, why were there so many different type of launchers for ships? Wouldn't a universal launcher be much easier on logistic and engineering crew? Also, a single standard, or maybe 2 standard types of launchers at most (1 for heavy anti-ship missiles, and 1 for light anti-corvette/fighter/heavy-missile missiles), would allow 'economy of scale' to be applied to their slightly more complicated design, reducing its cost to be even lower than having to deal with multiple different launchers with different parts for repair and maintenance.
Also allowing for MORE storage of spare parts of fewer system instead of less storage of spare parts for each of the more numerous systems.
And the crew not having to learn wayyyyy too many things to do their job because there are fewer systems.

Aslo, Nukes can be just different warheads with different yields to be put on different missiles. So no need for any special launchers and can be used with standard missiles.

The same issue with guns. MACs and Energy weapons are fine. But going below them and we run into a mess of way too many gun types and (i guess) gun calibers.

Too many different type of ammunitions reduce the amount of 'munition that can be carried. And if the calibers don't differ enough in effectiveness to justify their presence then I don't see the need for multiple different gun calibers.

We can start with Primary: The main punch(es).
The primary are MACs and Energy Projectors or Plasma Lances or something.

Going below that, we have:

Secondary for brawling up close with ships of...cruiser size and up.

Tertiary for anything the size of destroyer/frigate and down from there.
And could also join the point-defense duty when there is no target, or help aid bigger guns by saturating the shield and armor of big ships.
Also, tertiary armaments of bigger ships like cruisers could become secondary for smaller ships like destroyer/frigate/corvette if only due to available space and mission requirements.
On that note, a destroyer could retain secondary of bigger ship (if with less number) for brawling with cruiser because their main duty is destroying other ships instead of having to split their available space for ground team or something.

Then below that we have Point Defense and CIWS. For anti-fighters and missiles.

And each of the above should realistically only having 1 type of gun, 1 calibre each.

Point Defense and CIWS seem to be the domains of 50mm auto-cannon in this story. Only a single caliber, so it's fine.
But anything else is just an overly complicated mess.

As for fighter complements, unless it is meant to deal damage with fighters, they should only have fighters that help defend the ships from enemy bombers and not a dedicated heavy fighter-bombers.

So most destroyers and certain type of frigates.
Anything bigger likely has enough internal volumes for more fighters to make it works.

Welp, I will end here. Too long.
Sci-Fi Guy 22 chapter 22 . 5/18
Nice to see this back
Jctherebel chapter 22 . 5/17
Awesome chapter
BrutusPrimus chapter 22 . 5/16
This chapter was such a good read!
F35B chapter 22 . 5/15
yay :)
chekhov's firing squad chapter 12 . 5/15
You get a war crime! And you get a war crime! And you get a war crime! Everybody gets war crimes!
Qrs-jg chapter 22 . 5/15
Fantastic as always!
chekhov's firing squad chapter 1 . 5/14
wow, that must have taken a while to type out.
Enoch Levi chapter 22 . 5/14
10/10 will read more
Star wars fan chapter 22 . 5/14
First of all, I would like to say great story and I wanted to ask you if you could continue The Council vs Republic Redux by LegoDoc. He hasn't posted anything about it in a while and after the last update, the last thing he ever updated was not sure if you you're willing to continue the story and or you have to ask the author first or something but it would be great if that could be done please answer but please also answer if not so I know if I need to ask someone else okay thanks
Don Cheeto chapter 22 . 5/14
So glad to see this updated. What about the Chiss Ascendency? Will they show up? I’m hoping they do and Commander Thrawn is sent to advise UNSC NAVCOM.

Also hopefully and this is something ONI would do, they fund a group among the Republic High Command who do not want this war against the UNSC and are planning to have Palpatine and his circle removed. People like Pellaeon, Dodonna, Grant, Hiram Drayson, Osvald Teshik, Adar Tallon, etc.

Perhaps even a few Jedi should join them like Rahm Kota, Barriss Offee, and Eeth Koth.

ONI doesn’t really care about the CIS but if they can get a pro-UEG government established at Coruscant and make a separate peace treaty with the UEG, it can help them. That way, they can return to just fight each other like in canon but without bothering the UEG.
Cooldude101011 chapter 22 . 5/14
To This Chapter:
Interesting that a missionary was arrested. So this is late war? I thought Palpy would’ve delayed order 66 and the final stages to account for the Terrans, or does he think it doesn’t matter?

I like how Anakin and Obi-Wan are actually more competent than most Jedi due to experience and likely willingness to listen to officers (such as Yularen, Rex, Cody, etc) as they actually know of what they’re doing.

You’d think the UEG would’ve requested that the Republic (and the Confederacy?) sign the Geneva Conventions.

So Anakin and/or Obi-wan have encountered UNSC troops in battle before?

I think the Jedi Order would be curious about various “Terran” religions such as Buddhism.

To chapter Unto Dust:
You’d think the Sangheili would insist that anyone they gift an energy sword get lessons so they can actually properly use them. Even for the basics.

To chapter Landfall:
I gotta ask, if the 170s, Y Wings and NTBs got so close as to be referred to as “point blank” before launching missiles/torpedoes, why didn’t the point defences shred them?
As the PD would prioritise the closest or most dangerous threats first and I think a bunch of bombers laden with anti-ship ordnance at point blank range would be the number one priority.

Is it because friendly fighters were too close and thus they couldn’t risk friendly fire? Though I think the PD would have non-flak ammunition specifically for dealing with tougher fighters.
LegoDoc chapter 22 . 5/13
the Precursors are making their play
Scarease chapter 22 . 5/13
Even Sidious might put his Empire plans on Hold to fight off the Flood .Hope some Ark ships project should made so life can reseed after planets been clean of flood and to possible help in restoring war damaged worlds .
1,090 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »