Reviews for Teddy's Excellent Adventure
NpcEmi chapter 2 . 1/24
teddy straight up belongs in slytherin at this point I swear.
Eeyore3061 chapter 7 . 12/26/2022
*At Teddy's Sorting*
The Sorting Hat is dropped onto Teddy Potter's head .. then spends the next 5 minutes laughing before gasping out "HUFFLEPUFF!"

*At the first Hogwarts Staff Meeting following Teddy's Sorting*

"Albert, I know you can't betray the confidences of what you see when you look at the personality of the new First Year's, but about that full-on belly laugh when you Sorted Mr. Potter...?"

"Minerva, you're correct in that I can't betray any of the inner secrets of the students while I'm analyzing their personalities so as to place them where is best for their time here in Hogwarts. ... (And I give thanks everyday the Unspeakables were able to cleanse me of that Alchemic Potion that the former "Headmaster" had been lightly spraying me with for decades. Potter, Longbottom, and Granger all would have been better off in Hufflepuff back in 1991 for one thing. Rather than Gryffindor as he was able to direct me, and young Ms. Granger's argument about the link between the Headmaster being a great wizard of the Light, and he was a Gryffindor, and someone to emulate .. was weak at best, but it tripped his orders to put any such into the House he had the most influence over .. at least the most ever since he had dosed her with a Alchemic based Loyalty Potion back when she was studying for her Mastery in Transfiguration under him while also grooming her to take over for him when he made his move to being Headmaster.) ... But having said that, I can say that it was in the overall best long-term interest for young Mr. Potter to go into the same House as both his Mother and Maternal Grandfather."

"... 'Overall'?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"*sighs* Yes, 'Overall', as in Hogwarts and Mr. Potter's long-term interests."

"'Long-term'?" as her other eyebrow joined the first up near her hairline.

Ever see a hat make the motions like it was rolling its eyes at you? Everyone at that meeting now did...

"Okay, your questions are going to bug you the whole time Mr. Potter is a student here.. so, without violating the confidence clauses The Founders built into my creation I can say this. Mr. Potter could have excelled in ALL of the Houses during his time here with us. *BUT* .. if I had placed him in Slytherin, then the remaining stain and influence Tom Riddle and his willingly enslaved minions placed upon that House would have been scrubbed clean. As for placing him in Gryffindor, they would have learned to think just a bit before acting, so their would have been less unintentional consequences of their blind leaping into quests. Now for Ravenclaw, he would have been asking questions that a great many of them were not yet mature and prepared enough to examine."

*In a questioning tone* "Well, those things happening, in the short-term, wouldn't be a bad thing, surely?"

"No. Not a bad thing as you say, in the short-term, *for the survivors*..."

Aaannd that came at me out of who knows where.

There's probably a bit more about why Teddy would go into Hufflepuff. Mostly about how he knows loyalty, but it's mostly related to loyalty to family. He knows about hard work and its payoff, from his Mom. As she is one of a double handful of non-Slytherins who made high enough scores in Potions to qualify for the Auror Academy (or to follow the Healer career path) during Snapes' term as the Hogwarts Potions Professor. And due to whom his Dad is, any number of people in the Wizarding World could have their kids approaching Teddy to be "friends" (think of how Dumbledore influenced Molly to place Ron, and Lucas Malfoy had Draco, in his own arrogant way, try) and thus get close to the 'Boy-Who-Lived'/'Boy-Who-Conquered' and the weight he would carry in the Wizarding World. ... AAANND that is before you get into the complications where Teddy stands in the Heirships standings.

He's Heir Primary to the Noble and Most Ancient House of Potter;

He's Heir Secondary to the Magical House of Tonks;

And if Sirius doesn't get serious about marrying and having, at least, one kid, Teddy is Heir Secondary to the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black after his Dad (both Sirius' Godson and only Heir);

Now, if Sirius brings Andromeda back into the House of Black (she was the eldest daughter of the Second Son/Child before her Grandfather was forced to Disown her for marrying a Muggleborn without permission) as a Daughter of Black and Ted Tonks as a Recognized Son by Marriage (thus, BTW, making the Magical House of Tonks a Cadet Line of the House of Black) he *might* be able to slide Harry down one or two spots in the House of Black Heirships by moving Andromeda in as Heir Primary (his having a child would still be his best move), and thus Teddy down the same amount on that side .. I swear this needs an Excel driven PowerPoint to keep the lines, much less the possibilities, in order .. it's not a Rabbit Hole, it's a Rabbit Warren! ;)
Guest chapter 7 . 10/12/2022
Teddy sure is a sneaky little bastard. Smart too. But he gets a better family out of the deal (almost anything has to be better than the Creepy Redheaded Slut as a quasi-stepmother) and a hot Veela to marry.

Let's just hope that Remus' pedo-stache doesn't somehow return from the Veil.
Daemoniorum chapter 7 . 9/19/2022
Takes after his father in going for a woman 6 years older. Very interesting.

Enjoyed reading it
The Geeky Folkteller chapter 1 . 9/3/2022
"It's called Macguffin's Needle..."

Alright, I see what you did there you cheeky bastard. :)
Guest chapter 7 . 8/19/2022
Teddy must be Salazar Slytherin, reincarnated. What a sneaky little shit!
SlowestTurtle chapter 1 . 8/19/2022
Teddy is fuckin' devious. I love it.
bigdaddyal46 chapter 7 . 8/17/2022
This is a very cute story and Harry/Tonks has always been one of my favorite pairings
Slytherin7Piece chapter 7 . 8/3/2022
A fun short story, thank you for sharing this.
Slytherin7Piece chapter 5 . 8/3/2022
Pretty fun so far, I like the progress of Harry and Tonks' relationship.
Slytherin7Piece chapter 2 . 8/2/2022
I have a feeling Ginny won't come out looking to good in this story.
Slytherin7Piece chapter 1 . 8/2/2022
That sneaky little brat, he's playing them both lol. This is the beginning of a good story I already can tell. I love a good Honks story so right away this story caught my interest.
AUSCataphract chapter 7 . 7/18/2022
You know what, I don't usually like stories under 50k words, but this has a beautiful idea and an equally beautiful execution, bravo
potterbungamjibber chapter 1 . 7/19/2022
this kid is a menace!
Wentley chapter 7 . 6/21/2022
This was an amazing idea, and a super cute story. Thank you for the fun read!