Reviews for The Last Stand
Firefury Amahira chapter 7 . 8/13/2005
Oh man, supremely depressing! Having just finished reading the Gundam novels, I can only agree with SporKGoddess's remark of "Nice work, Tomino Jr."

Very masterfully executed, the final chapter just really tugs on the heartstrings. A pleasure to read, even if it made me all sad at the end )
SporKGoddess not logged in chapter 6 . 6/30/2004
Nice work, Tomino Jr. I hope this causes your daddy to finally notice you :D
Ryan chapter 7 . 6/30/2004
Nice. I like the way you wrapped up this story and set the tone for things that happen in the second hundred years of the UC. Although I would've liked to know what happened to Nanai and the rest of the Neo-Zeon fleet.
Arkbot chapter 6 . 6/18/2004
Ryan:

Didn't the RE-GZ not have its beam rifle? If that was the case, then I'd say Ryou didn't have much choice in the matter.

Gredival:

This must be one of the best fanfics I've read in quite awhile. Ryou is certainly a sympathetic protagonist, someone that could be looked up to and admired for his convictions and actions.

It's nice to see Nanai putting her Newtype skills to work. It definitely shows the dire straits that Neo Zeon is in.

An excellent fic. I just hope that the epilogue can tie up all the loose ends.
Ryan chapter 6 . 6/18/2004
I do hope there is one more part to be tacked on to this, otherwise the story just drops and dies, which personally I believe blows. The actual shows do that same thing way too often as it is. The end was rather rushed considering the in-depth job you put into the rest of the fic.

Also the Psyco Doga's model # is NZ-2, not NZ-3, NZ-3 is the Alpha Azieru.

Refine the last bit of it from when Ryou leaves Nanai to better match the rest of the fic. Also from what it sounds like you did to upgrade teh Re-GZ it would still have enough weapons to fry the nukes without Ryou haveing to sacrifice himself in the process. Besides when Amuro detinated the nukes on Crusier 4 he didn't have to go inside the crusier to do it, so why would Ryou have to? He could escape the docking bay of the colony in time before it plunged into the atmosphere. In short there are too many holes in the plot to have your original tragic, Tomino-like ending. I wouldn't be opposed to a happier ending to this fic myself in which Ryou returns to Chihiro alive as opposed to as a corpse.
Ryan chapter 4 . 2/1/2004
Oh he will, he will.
What I always wondered is would Amuro and Chan be able to forgive Hathaway for what he did? What about Bright and the rest of his family?
Oh, my poor Re-GZ! *sobish wail*
One glareing tech note here. The Ra Chatter was sunk acting as a shield so that Ra Callum could launch the last of the nukes at Axis. RGZ-91's site has a listing of the ships used in the movie and novel versions of CCA at the following address so you can change it if you like. rgz/info/uc_
Eye Of Apocalypse chapter 4 . 11/23/2003
I thought this was an absolutely terrific story, although it was far too rushed. To be as short as it was, it's a great story; however I think you should rewrite it to be a few chapters longer, possibly make the conflict last longer (give Londo Bell and Neo Zeon time to maybe get some new Mobile Suits, the Jegans were just horrible in my opinion). Despite all that, I give it a 7 out of 10. Great job
Gredival chapter 4 . 8/10/2003
The Re-GZ was hit rather severely by that Jegan and it exploded, but there's usually remains, plus the Londo Bell could always reconstruct it. And anyway I needed a suit that could go toe to toe with the Jagd Doga.

Thanks for the reviews

~Gredival
Firebird 13 chapter 4 . 8/10/2003
This is a very good fic, but there is one glaring error. In the final Battle of Axis, the Re-GZ is destroyed so it's apperance as the title mech is impossible but otherwise, a great fic.

P.S. Have you seen Gundam F-91?
Lady Une-chan a.k.a. Mirai chapter 4 . 4/22/2003
What more can I say? I loved it! I hope that you write some more Gundam fanfics in the future!
SporkGoddess chapter 4 . 4/17/2003
YOU FINISHED IT!

Greddy, you already know how much I enjoyed this fic, but I felt it was only fair to leave you a review! First off... let's just say that one can tell that you write for OMG, because the romances in this fic were just that adorable. And Hathaway's thoughts at the end were chilling, since we all know what's going to happen next. (*dun dun dun*) The Ryou thing was terribly tragic; reminds me of what happened in Johnny Ridden. And the tape was sad too. ;_;

All in all... great job! I hope that I can see more Gundam fics from you in the future, since you seem to give it a sweetness that the series needed, but lacked. _
kishiria chapter 3 . 4/16/2003
All the politics make sense. I can see Nanai taking this kind of actions, and Hathaway thinking just the way he is doing. My only complaint is that it does feel rushed.
Berzerkerprime chapter 3 . 4/15/2003
You have a very good grip on your story and I can tell your very eager to tell it (plus, it's Bright-erific, which helps in my book _~). It's great to see eager writers who aren't just going through the motions.

But I worry about about description. It seems like you're so eager to get the story out and moving that you ignore the narrative component of the story quite a bit. A bit more than bare bones description of surroundings, feelings, and other narrative elements. Don't short-change the setting.

Good story, though! Do your best to balence pacing and description and keep at it! _
Lady Une-chan a.k.a. Mirai chapter 3 . 4/14/2003
Poor Ryou! I feel sorry for him. I didn't find any thing wrong with this chapter either, so keep up the good work!

Ja ne,

Mirai _~
Chrome Cougar chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
Pretty good. I really like this. I only found one possible mistake. I believe that Astonage dies in Char's Counterattack in an explosion while trying to stop Chan from taking the Re-GZ. Anyway, it's still good.