Reviews for Out of Hand
MidnightWriter44678 chapter 5 . 8/19/2018
Oooo, this chapter was really great! I am glad we got some good interaction between the trio and the amulet deal towards the end was really intriguing. Also, the part where Claire actually looked at Jim and realized that he was really attractive made me laugh. Good job on the story, you are doing fantastic and I look forward to the next chapter.
Forever-Furuba chapter 5 . 8/17/2018
I wonder if the Eclipse Armour is refusing to deactivate because it's trying to protect Jim from this new connection to Morgana? Or if it's the other way around and the connection is holding it in place? Her hand is infused into the Amulet's metal, after all.

Well, it /could/ be 'social suicide' to sit with Toby, or it could be assumed to be pity for the kid whose only friend has gone missing.

It's sweet how supportive Toby is being, helping Jim embrace his instincts to get more comfortable in his changed body.

Interesting. The link between Amulets is another layer of mystery.

I wonder when and how it's going to hit Jim that Draal is alive right now. He'll be back to the angry, grieving, human-disrespecting troll Jim first met, but he's /alive/.
Forever-Furuba chapter 4 . 8/17/2018
I can see how overwhelmed and anxious all the characters are. Jim has a good point about how Claire needs to be Trollhunter independently of him if they want the Trollmarket residents to actually respect and listen to her, rather than always turning to him as the 'real' Trollhunter since at he /looks/ and /smells/ more-or-less like a troll.
Forever-Furuba chapter 3 . 8/17/2018
The thing with Morgana opens a lot of potential for drama. Jim's sleep is not going to be very restful until that is resolved.

I liked the manner in which Blinky confirmed Jim was probably telling the truth.
P.A.W.07 chapter 4 . 8/15/2018
Oh my, look at this little gem I found. For being your first story, it's excellent. It's very unique and I like how unpredictable you are being with plot elements. I didn't expect Jim to forego entering Troll Market and opt to go to the Old World instead. I'm super excited for that bit of world building. Keepup the good work.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/15/2018
This is great :) I can’t wait to read more I hope Draal survives.

Please update soon

Mattis02
MidnightWriter44678 chapter 4 . 8/14/2018
This story just keeps getting better and better. I really like the conflict you add about the trio's relationship and how claire acts towards jim. Toby's reaction is also well suited to his character, as is Barbara's and the troll's. I am quite enjoying this story and look forward to more.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/12/2018
This is still awesome :) keep going I’m excited to see how it goes. But what happened to past not troll Jim? Did he disappear or end up in the future? Anyway please update agin soon

Mattish02
MidnightWriter44678 chapter 3 . 8/11/2018
I love this story a lot more than I was expecting, it is amazing and I am extremely excited for your next update!
Unstoppable Cyborg chapter 3 . 8/11/2018
Good choice, for Jim not to tell Claire and Blinky the full extent of their respective relationships with him. Had he chosen to do otherwise he would've come off as an OOC entitled douchebag.
As for Jim being OOC with Morgana, I think it's well written and fits the context of the scene. This woman, aside from Gunmar, is the biggest reason why he can't live a normal life. Since she's powerless, however, I can't help but wonder if she'll slowly end up on Jim's side this time around. Well, either that, or instead of "The Excorcism of Claire Nuñez" we'll have "The Excorcism of Jim Lake Jr" in this au
Quartic Moose chapter 2 . 8/10/2018
Nicely done with the re-hashing exposition! Toby's commentary kept it interesting and lively, and you got him up to speed without bogging the reader down with repetition of past/future events - awesome sauce!

I hope Jim realizes that there's no way he'll be able to keep up a masquerade for his mom FOR THE REST OF HIS NATURAL LIFE, but he *is* a teenager, and he *did* think he could do that with regular trollhunting before, lol

Something I wonder about is whether troll!Jim is as recognizably part-human to trolls as he is recognizably part-troll to humans? We have our own species bias so we tend to immediately focus on all the things that make him not human to the exclusion of all else, but is it the same for trolls? If Blinky saw him would he focus immediately on hairy eyebrows, a five-fingered hand, only one pair of elongated teeth in the lower jaw instead of two, etc. etc.

I'm really looking forward to Claire's introduction :D love her so much
Quartic Moose chapter 1 . 8/10/2018
! Such an intriguing premise. I love that you acknowledge that it's the 3rd time he's lived this day - it makes sense that he'd recognize it with just the note (whereas I wouldn't recognize the beginnings of Major Turning Points in my life if I were thrown back in time, because they didn't become Significant until later and I wouldn't retroactively remember what I had for breakfast on, say, the day I learned of a family member's death). But even though it's his third time, it's not a Groundhog Day situation, and he has no reason to believe he'll get any more do-overs. This is the hand he's been dealt, that he has to live with.

wow wow wow, just the right amount of attention given to Jim's troll instincts, I love it. Especially the way he's already internalized the need to avoid sunlight. And if Blinky could be protected with a tarp, it makes sense that Jim could go all Invisible Man to go out in direct sunlight - I loved your close-to-fire analogy for what degree of uncomfortable that would feel like, very good imagery.

"He felt like he was stretching, hollow, exhausted, and about to explode." what a MOOD. Such a great line. You really do his character justice!
Keith Halfa chapter 1 . 8/10/2018
Interesting
Sword of Daylight chapter 2 . 8/8/2018
man, thats freaking awesome xD I really loved the scene with Toby and Jim, where Tobes sais it's Jim's laughter he recognized. Seriously a heartfelt moment there.

Thus' I'm getting extremely curious as of how Morgana could be back with Jim. Can't wait for more to read :D
Guest chapter 2 . 8/8/2018
Amazing. Extraordinarily plot and exceptional writing. I adored the little things: Toby recognizing Jim by his laugh, Claire crying because Jim went missing, Jim thinking of Blinky and Aaarrrgghh! as his pact and family, and the whole dream with Morgana.
96 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »