Reviews for Learning to Live With It
Zabbie Q chapter 1 . 1/7/2019
Spoiler warning for people who read reviews before fics.

I think what I like best about this fic is the way you handled it. I picked up on the suicidal aspect of your metaphor pretty quick, but I appreciate the way you approached it as an author. I don't shy away from dark topics myself since I believe there is a time and place to discuss certain issues, but like anything there's a right way and a wrong way to do things. I was glad you veered toward the right way.

At no point in this fic did I get the impression that you were trying to write an exploitation piece. You weren't going for shock value, weren't trying to be edgy or trying to add a feather to your proverbial cap. You weren't trying to get "street cred" by showing how you're such a great author for writing about a dark topic. If anything, you did something positive by showing how Carly Beth gets help through a friend, not romanticizing her misery.

My one bit of constructive criticism is that if you did rewrite it, it would probably be better to show more dialogue from Sabrina rather than summarize her speech. I don’t mean you have write out her entire speech, but a line here and there can help to make the resolution better. (Of course, I can see you've moved onto other fanfics, so you don't have to feel pressured to go back and rewrite it.)

Keep writing!