Reviews for Drive
samiam24 chapter 57 . 1/30/2019
I love this story so much. I'm terrible at reviewing, but I just wanted to let you know how incredible this is.

I found this story a few weeks ago, and sat down and read all 50 chapters in one sitting. I then re-read those 50 chapters a couple of times while I waited for you to post more... I wanted to wait until you had a handful more up so that I could read more all at once. Definitely not disappointed!

You're doing a great job explaining the emotional turmoil that comes along with abuse and assault. Your characters are damaged, but gaining strength, and isn't that something we can all relate to?

I'm fairly new to the JE fandom, and I'm so happy to find a story of this caliber that's still being updated. I've found a few that are wonderful, but seemingly abandoned. If you have any recommendations, maybe you could list some in an AN for your readers? I'm sure there are others like me looking for more great reads.
Vicki Snyder1 chapter 57 . 1/30/2019
So nice to see how much Steph has healed. She really got herself out of the flashback quickly using her tools. And Rangers never ending support is helping her so much. Great session with the good Dr. what she thought was bad he made her see the positives and changed her perspective. Is she really going back to Trenton though? I don’t see it going well in the beginning. But then Ranger will be there. I sure hope she moves in with him. Please?
JB chapter 57 . 1/29/2019
Excellent chapter. I am so proud of Steph and how she analyzed her episode and came full circle during her session. It's good that Dr. Anderson wants her to focus on and recognize something good each day. She needs to train her mind in a more positive thinking pattern. Thanks for sharing, look forward to Steph's hell ending for her. JB.
Katherin Bend chapter 57 . 1/28/2019
The Plum series is one of my favs, and this is an amazing recreation of it! Congrats on a story well done!
baileygirl12 chapter 57 . 1/28/2019
Bravo! Such a wonderful talent!
Bonnie chapter 57 . 1/28/2019
That was excellent!
Hopefully that was the worst of the flashbacks.
I cannot wait for the day comes for her to laugh in the faces of those of the burg that betrayed, belittled, gossiped, laughed, bet on her and any other disparaging things they did to her!
Even the old people in her apartment building treated her better than people that so called loved her, even her family!
Guest chapter 57 . 1/28/2019
Wow, jo e is such a jerk, bet he did that intentionally. What are the odds that those items were all that was left?
jules3677 chapter 57 . 1/28/2019
You've definitely moved the story along. Steph recognising the negativity and toxicity of her life up to now and putting the proverbial line down to say "no more" is a giant step. Acknowledging that the pieces of her previous life that she cared about, ie., her grandma, nieces and friend, may no longer be part of her life but she can still love and care for them from afar is another big step in taking control of her life and that overused word, destiny.
shoegirl01 chapter 57 . 1/28/2019
Love the advice from Dr Anderson but it’s sometimes so hard to see something good when you’re down. Go Steph! She’s stronger than the burg combined
GarbanzoBeans chapter 57 . 1/28/2019
Break throughs are happening here. Good things are more than bad.
Elenimou chapter 57 . 1/28/2019
It’s only been a week so surveillance in Trenton has barely begun. As much as I’d love to send the suitcase back with a bomb inside, it’s contents go further to prove Joe’s demented mind.

I’m not sure Mary Lou is entirely out of this. She is a Burg woman and probably heard about the bed, though she claims not. Will Valerie let Aunt Steph anywhere near her daughters? Wasn’t she part of the bet?

In the background we have Helen who, for a moment was moving towards clarity. Chances are she will fall back into the Burg-mire.

How is this going to break open in the Burg? I know...stay turned. Will a newspaper writer get the story? Will all this come out in Joe’s court case?
Buddy'sBabe chapter 57 . 1/28/2019
That Morelli!**¥£. I look forward to him getting what he deserves. Yeah for Steph she done good!
daxandpat chapter 57 . 1/28/2019
Big deep breath. That was really good.
trhodes9 chapter 57 . 1/28/2019
It's mind over matter - she don't mind cause none of that matters. She's working her way closer to it. It's hard to let go of the things you were told as a child and all through your life that aren't true. Many times we are told to behave (or not) a certain way because it isn't what the person speaking wants. We're belittled at all ages not because of ourselves but because of the failings of the people doing the belittling. It says way more about the abusers than it does those of us who receive that abuse. Being told you are responsible for all the bad, silly, inconvenient things that happen all your life is hard to overcome. But you can do it. Once I internalized my favorite mantras - "you'll get over it", "not my problem", "you'll figure it out" I was free! Steph will be too when she can look at each of those people and repeat those mantras and believe it. When she doesn't feel the need to explain her decisions and choices to ANYONE. One of the most destructive things someone can say is "you owe me an explanation" because is implies you are owned by them, that you have "misbehaved" and that now you have to "explain" and beg forgiveness for your alleged transgression. The power is when you can look at them and say "you'll get over it" then walk away smiling, neither worrying or caring about the "consequences". She's getting there.
Guest chapter 57 . 1/28/2019