Reviews for What's Her Name in Hufflepuff
Guest chapter 31 . 10/14/2020
Aaah! I just read (the first 31 chapters of) your story today and it has been wonderful. My favorite chapter so far was chapter 25. It was precisely my sense of humor, with the bone boiling and eulogizing at the sea side. I usually read over on AO3, since I prefer the ui, but I might just have to make myself a ffn account to follow this story... Thanks for writing and please carry on!
7137 chapter 31 . 10/14/2020
Glad to see this back
Reptil chapter 31 . 10/14/2020
Love the character interactions so real and hilarious. Amazing so far keep it up
Thousand Monkeys chapter 31 . 10/14/2020
What's with all the low key references to falling from heights? It's not safe to leave guns lying around like that.
NihthKuro chapter 31 . 10/14/2020
First things first, glad to see you back! You have no idea how fast I clicked when I got the notification lol

Anyways, a review of what I thought about this chapter!

I really like how you’ve shown how Harry and Ron aren’t exactly the golden children, and how the other students feel towards them. It makes sense that the other students wouldn’t be happy towards Harry and Ron. Even I felt a little salty when Gryffindor won instead of Hufflepuff.

In the books, since it’s told in Harry’s POV, you don’t think those two are actually doing anything wrong, so it’s rather insightful to hear about the students’ viewpoint. But poor Neville, his suggestion got rejected hard by Spell Club

There’s also the new info about Alice Vivatorium! Kasey’s... great grandmother? Eesh, for Kasey’s sake, I hope the goblins don’t get their hands on her or her gold.

And Shivy has been a little quiet lately... I’m kinda just waiting for him to pop out of nowhere and wreak havoc again for Kasey.
MooNOrchiD chapter 31 . 10/14/2020
What is this I spy? Yehuda Goldstein?

A Fanon cameo?!

That does butter my biscuits.
Lord Jeram chapter 31 . 10/14/2020
Is that a reference to the fanfic Goldstein I spy? Nicely done.
DarthNath chapter 30 . 10/9/2020
Hi! Newly converted fan here. I say newly converted because until recently I believed there could be no good self-insert fic. Then i read The Ghost of Privet Drive, followed by your work. I shall definitely leave a well thought out review later, but for now I just wanted to express my appreciation. The Tiffany reference gave me some ideas for a fic I'm working on. Thanks for that, btw.
Can't wait for the next chapter, and while I do say that, I also want to clarify that this is not intended to pressure you for said next chapter. Odd clarification, maybe, but I didn't want to sound demanding.
Will be looking forward to the next chapter though ;)
Sammy9137 chapter 2 . 9/30/2020
In the second chapter, you mention that she sees a Nimbus 2001 on display but the 2001 doesn't come out till Harry's second year. It's the 2000 that's available before Harry's first year. It remains his broom until the third book. Please do correct it since its the first indication of what book of the series you have inserted her.
Greatazuredragon chapter 30 . 9/30/2020
This was very amusing, good work.
GreatT'Phon1of4 chapter 20 . 9/29/2020
Keeper of the Lost Cities names for the house elves? Really? I suppose I can't deny someone a good Easter egg.
Reptil chapter 30 . 9/29/2020
This is awesome love it so much can’t wait for the next chapter
cncman chapter 30 . 9/28/2020
Just finished reading this, it's positively hilarious. Well done so far! In answer to your question regarding a favourite character: I'd say Daphne but that's mostly for the Pythonesque deadpan of it all. Spicy vocabulary has to be my favourite chapter yet though.

P.S. the auto-correct is wrongly trying to tell me spell "favourite" without a 'u'. :p
Alphros chapter 25 . 9/26/2020
Oh, fucking hell. That sarcasm was next level.
Faeriniel chapter 30 . 9/25/2020
Hi ashez2ashes, I love your fic. I'm really impressed by how you're diverting from the expected events of canon. Such a rarity for SI. In one of your Author Notes you mentioned seeking constructive criticism, so here it is.

Your use of the word 'Went' is grammatically incorrect.

If you aren’t sure whether to use gone or went, remember that gone always needs an auxiliary verb before it (has, have, had, is, am, are, was, were, be), but went doesn’t.

Correct: I could have gone to the store yesterday.

Incorrect: I could have went to the store.

You consistently put unnecessary auxiliary verbs in front of 'Went.' It's the one mistake I have seen made repeatedly throughout this otherwise fantastic story. I hope this came across as helpful rather than condescending.
881 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »