Reviews for A Charleston Summer
Rhett is not a very nice man. He would never try to deliberately hurt Wade knowing how wade loved Scarlett.
Thuban chapter 1 . 10/6
Really nice job! I'm pretty picky about fan fiction. I liked most, but not all of "Rhett Butler's People", and I couldn't stand "Scarlett". This is pretty dead on, though. I like your Wade, he's very true to the book. So is Scarlett, as well as Rhett. You really presented a pretty realistic version of what could of happened.

Thanks, and please keep on with the story.
Haven’t been to the forums in a while and what a treat to discover this story on my return! Can’t wait to read more.
gogomohamad229 chapter 1 . 9/25
amazing story plz update soon
KateMartin chapter 4 . 9/21
This is a really great story so far. Beautifully written and refreshingly different, being from Wade's perspective. Please continue!
Rhett Butler is such a selfish prick. I hate the way he is using Wade. It is awful the way Rhett belittles everything about Scarlett in Wade's presence. I hope his mother and sister are kind and loving to Scarlett. And I hope that Rhett wakes up and realizes that he loves Scarlett. I would love to see a new suitor vying for Scarlett's attention. And I wish that Scarlett would fire back at Rhett when he says insulting things to her. I'm sure his family would not be happy to hear about Belle Watling. I can't wait to read the next chapter.
St-MartinQueen chapter 1 . 9/12
I hope you will post soon! I really enjoy this story and can't wait to see when and how Mr Butler will come down his high horse and be put back in his place. He is an ass! Can't wait for the next chapter !
i like your story and i always thought rhett was abble to be like that but not that harsh with children but he is a pirate, a blockrunner, a buisnessman, a golddigger a very complex and dangerous man, powerful beautiful but mortal like a leopard. and if not scarlett will never fall in love with him an in a way she deserve the way he treat her. it has been years of misery he live with her. but she know what she do to him only him could hurt her that way but she know she still has also power on him , his lust for her never vanished, she is a poison in his blood, a complex woman, beautiful, clever and she know whe has to change to have him back, learn how to be more refined cultived, more elegant, learn to read books to interest herself in other and not her selfisch needs to interest in what made rhett the man he is, understand him (even if he live too many life before meeting her that she will never probably know all what made him). she know one thing for sure he deserve more child and she can give him that a son a daughter, to replace what was taken. it is a begining
UKHeO chapter 1 . 9/2
Veri n1c3WYxst0risl
Truckee Gal chapter 4 . 9/2
Rhett said: "Be a man, Wade Hampton."
Wade pondered: Well, what sort of a man would contemplate leaving his women-kin?

Good question! Rhett is too cowardly to express his anger at his mother or sister for inviting Scarlett and Ella. No, he dumps that vitriol on Scarlett for coming and on Wade for not telling him what his own mother and sister were up to. Hopefully, Rhett's mother and sister will fully embrace Scarlett and adore Ella, too! Can't wait to see how Rhett will respond to five-against-one with Charleston society watching. Scarlett has two maternal aunts, who live in Charleston and are friends with Rhett's mother. Let the games begin!
This is really good, I hope you continue!
Melody-Rose-20 chapter 4 . 8/29
Poor Wade, I hope Scarlett supports him.
I don’t like Rhett at all in this story. His cutely toward Wade is unforgivable. It will be interesting to see how the family weekend plays out and whether there’s anything Rhett does tonredeem himself.
gumper chapter 4 . 8/28
Rhett is just insufferable!

Really Scarlett...take the money...and your children...and RUN. There may have been a time when you (somewhat) deserved this abuse - but not now. He's not worth it.
Wow, I don't think I could ever forgive any man who hurt my child like Rhett just hurt Wade. I have a great rejoinder for Wade. He could have said "You're right, you are not my father, you are more like a grandfather" I always thought that 17 years just too much difference in their ages.