Reviews for The Other World
Hesunohana chapter 19 . 3/12/2012
I like the idea but your writings are confuse. I had a hard time to recognise if it was on world 1 or 2... Although I read till the end...

Maybe you should re-write it one day, to make it clearer.
reader713 chapter 19 . 10/7/2010
...I hope, that if they meet, that Cloud's Aerith threatens Sephiroth's Aerith with bodily harm if she tries to hurt Cloud again.

Barranca chapter 19 . 9/24/2009
I loved the premise of "The other side" so you can imagine how glad I was to find you had taken the idea and built upon it. Cloud and Seph work together too well to let them wallow in loneliness after one of them dies ;)
ranni chapter 19 . 7/14/2009
I really like this fic, i would love to see a sequel
ShindouSerenity28 chapter 19 . 5/27/2009
I was looking for a good Sephiroth & Cloud story when I came across, The Other World. I'm so impressed with this one. It was very well written and well thoughtout. Awesome job! I'm so adding this one to my favorite stories list, thanks for sharing. Bye!
hbnfch chapter 8 . 4/1/2009
I can't help but wonder, whilst in the tanks; are they naked?
asdfkwoei chapter 19 . 3/17/2009
Great story!
oztan chapter 19 . 3/17/2009
I read the whole thing this is really good. I loved it.

I hope you write more stories with Cloud/Sephiroth and what about having a Angeal Hewley/Zack Fair/Genesis Rhapsodos pairing.
DarkBombayAngel chapter 19 . 2/24/2009
I love it! It's really good.
honeyberries chapter 19 . 2/14/2009
This is just so awesome!Cloud and Sephiroth shall forever be my favourite pair,no matter what world they're in.
StrayValkyrie chapter 19 . 10/31/2008
Alrighty, I just finished!

I was glad to see some chapters containing more noticeable breaks between scenes! :)

The entire story itself was a delight to read, and the backstory of Sephiroth's world was interesting, also! It's kind of neat to see a version of what it would've been like had their places been exchanged. I think you did a very good job with this! Bravo! The ending was just right, and left me with a nice mushy feeling of good love joy.

It also did, however, leave room open for a sequel. Regarding the two different AVALANCHES obviously. Have you started writing the sequel yet? I had kind of an idea.. Mostly being around, what if back in Cloud's original world, something happened with Sephiroth? Hmm. Not sure, maybe the whole reincarnation coming back to life thing has been a little overdone in FF7, but it's always interesting.

I really, REALLY liked the idea of Cloud being a "Summon". It reminded me a lot of your Wings story. It makes me wonder if there's any other stories along this route? Some sort of alternate reality, where the heroes of original FF7 are summons.. Hm.

All in all, good job. Characterizations were for the most part on par, and the story was engaging. It was a little odd having the climax of the story end in the middle, with the rest of it being background.. But I can't complain much. :) I really enjoyed this story. Thumbs up!
StrayValkyrie chapter 2 . 10/31/2008
Chapter Two Review

Mkay, here's another one. I'll be writing this as I read, so it may be choppy. :)

First off, it's adorable seeing a cute little kitchen scene. To think, the great Avalanche members, taking turns cooking and doing dishes! How cute!

Vincent suddenly 'jumps' to the doorway. One moment he's reaching for toast and reading the newspaper, next mention and he's at the doorway. Not sure if this was intentional or not.

The scene changes abruptly from Vinc and Cid to Cloud and the chocobo with no break in paragraphing. Sometimes it helps to have the extra spaces to let the readers know that they're suddenly reading in a different scene.

"Cloud's chocobo strode easily, it's golden plummage ruffling slightly in the wind of it's passage. It had been breed for speed..." Breed probably should be bred, past tense to match the rest of the sentence.

Other than the unforeseen scene breaks, great chapter! :) Again, I'll write reviews for ones I find anything for. Concerning the scene breaks, however, I'll stop with this one. :)

Interesting concept, I'm enjoying this a lot!
StrayValkyrie chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
Hm. First chapter review. I don't know if I'll be doing a review for each chapter individually as I read your story, but I've decided to start one for the first chapter to say that, first, interesting story concept. I read your Author's Note, and you made it very clear it isn't an original idea. But since I've stumbled on your story first, I'll have no biases. :)

First thing is first, I understand Sephiroth is in Cloud's place. However, I can't help but feel that even if he was.. Well, nevermind. Now that I think about it. Cloud was the military-prened General. So, the Sephiroth of this world wouldn't be so calculating and stony, would he?

A bad note, though. During the first half of the story it's kind of hard to tell when it jumps back and forth between Sephiroth and Cloud perspectives. After a few sentences each time you can generally understand who you're reading about, but at first it's hard to understand that it's suddenly gone from Sephiroth back to Cloud.

I know. I know. By date, this story was finished six years ago. So, no need to revamp anything. I just thought I might point this out in case one day maybe you'd want to clarify it a little bit.

The entire chapter is a great read and I couldn't find anything wrong with it whatsoever as far as grammar and spelling mistakes. However, it still seemed a bit choppy to me, kind of hard to keep up with their conversation, at times. Can't wait to read the other chapters!
esquarce chapter 19 . 4/7/2008
I loved this story. I read it before, albeit I was mostly just scanning through some parts, but then I re-read it today in one sitting. Cloud's emotions seem real, and the hatred of Cloud from this world's AVALANCHE is believable.

I hope you do still write the sequel at the end. No one ever seems to have Cloud's AVALANCHE meeting the others in parallel reality fics. Which is sad, since there's so much material to work with concerning the reactions. (I would write one...but I'm afraid I'm not a good enough writer just yet. ) I'd have to say the meeting between the two AVANLANCHE's are my most anticipated part, but no one ever does it. But hey, the CxS love is also great. :D

Please continue to write FFVII fics, and I hope you write the sequel!

-undeniiable
PleiadesWolfe chapter 19 . 4/4/2008
Well I guess Avalanche decided to trust that Cloud wasn't Jenova since they put him back in as a general. This was good. I really enjoyed reading it and everything made sense in the end.