Reviews for Stormclaw
Charrlizard chapter 24 . 7/25
Laronar isn't technically a leader, and WC3, Classic, TBC, and even Wrath were more about the Legion. They didn't really have a lot of druidic focus...but I will say this.

As far as druid lore goes, Cataclysm was...lit.
vincent1875 chapter 24 . 7/24
Good chapter. Still waiting for the MC to take a lead role in things again.
vincent1875 chapter 19 . 4/29
I just noticed you responding in the reviews.
Charrlizard chapter 22 . 4/9
It's more the fact that he didn't mention his fling with Shandris, and the rumor mill around Feathermoon Stronghold, in regards to him specifically, is not kind. Even if Shandris herself no longer believes said rumors, that doesn't make them just disappear.

Basically, it's a girls club, and Laronar is a walking piece of testosterone fueled muscle mass. Lots of toxic femininity on that island. I feel like whichever Sentinel has grown to dislike him this much is capable of convincing someone as highly ranked as Lynore that he's bad news.
vincent1875 chapter 23 . 4/9
I wonder what these rumors are. She knows that he's old as dirt and so it's not surprising that he's been in relationships before.
vincent1875 chapter 22 . 4/8
Good chapter. I can't wait to see what that circle leader will do once age starts catching up with him.
Charrlizard chapter 23 . 3/10
'Passive observer' kind of describes Laronar to a T, and remember, this is a new alien race from somewhere else that KIND OF looks like a race loyal to the Legion, and while he is an Archdruid of the Cenarion Circle, the whole 'meet and greet' aspect of politics would be left to the leaders of his people, ie the females. It's not uncommon for foreign entities to scout natives for a while before making first contact, and that is what Laronar was doing. Also, we don't actually know who started the negotiations first on the Nelves behalf, or the Alliance's. There's a lot of headcanon, and I was trying not to break actual canon, while throwing in several quest references for the Draenei mains out there.

The point, was to establish that the rest of the chapter was taking place in/around the time of the BC expansion. Laronar didn't have much to do this time, it was more of a Vehlar chapter, but since he's still a Stormclaw, it works. Also, I had three chances to tie the characters within the story to the title. First with the Belves in netherstorm, then the Draenei, and then the Illidari. There's a method to my madness, I promise.

Laronar will be...a lot more active once we get through the early expansions. He's more part of the Circle than the Alliance though, so for a few of them it's going to be a lot of sitting around. As he does. Druids like him only really get off their sleepy butts for the big stuff. Healing the world when it breaks, defeending Hyjal (again), nightmare warz, and of course, the Legion. But for the other stuff, we have other characters we can follow for a while.
FractiousDay chapter 23 . 3/10
So didn’t read the first half of this, not intending to atm but assume the Outland people are from there which is fine, the segment of the chapter dealing with them was largely inoffensive, though perhaps rather bloated.

Comparable the Azuremyst segment seemed completely unnecessary, and very similar to some other segments where you seem to consider it your duty as the author to involve the MC is canon events but as a pretty passive observer. Here the MC just stood about and watched the Draenei do stuff. He didn’t meet any of them or discuss anything, though I suppose these scenes might happen in future. All of it could be packed into ‘then the ship crashed and Laronar wandered about watching some eredar but they were chill so he went back to smoking’. What is the place of this scene in the narrative? What different information does it tell us? What is it’s significance to the character? He didn’t do any particular reflection or come to some new understanding of something, just just hung out, talked to Shandris quickly and that was it. The first sequence and the shandris sequence were fine, didn’t have a problem with them specifically, it’s just the bit Draenei-watching that was meaningless
Charrlizard chapter 17 . 11/2/2020
So idk how many of you will see this, but Ch22 IS up. For some reason, just doesn't want to keep showing it for more than a few hours. So if you haven't read it yet, here's a link to it on a site that actually works: /works/20587136/chapters/66737971
Charrlizard chapter 21 . 10/5/2020
Probably because there's a hundred 'new' lore characters whose timelines we've finally gotten to, but don't worry. The focus is still mostly on our druid, and his perspective. These next 3 decades or so are going to seem Very active, compared to the last ten millennia.

Idk where I read it, but as far as I'm aware, 10,000 is usually considered in their prime/older (like 40-50 for humans) for Kaldorei, before the Sundering. They had some long ass lineages. In modern WoW times, that number could change, but at the very least your average Night Elf will be around for millennia, while older elves like Malfurion, Illidan, and even Laronar will start feeling the effects of aging, though I imagine their nature magic will make them endure a while longer. Magic users tend to last longer, in WoW canon.

Apparently Nightborne have similar 10,000 ish lifespans, although who knows if that was thanks to the Nightwell, and the time magic they used with it. With magic, blood elves can apparently last about half that time, so even without Nordrassil, the Night Elves will be around for a while. Assuming Blizz doesn't keep killing them.
vincent1875 chapter 21 . 9/29/2020
Why does he seem less and less relevant as the story goes on? Also what's the lifespan of the dark elves now that they're no longer immortal. Seems like he most of the common cast would be dying off relatively quickly.
Wori Hu chapter 21 . 9/26/2020
Amazing, i have been waiting for sooo long for this update. keep up the good work!
Charrlizard chapter 19 . 7/13/2020
Relearning WC3 lore was not unpleasant lol, glad you're enjoying the story. Humans didn't really come around for quite a while, from a Nelf perspective. They're just Vrykul runts, basically. As for allies, the Shifting Sands is depicted as being Fandral's war, and he's a grumpy boi on a good day. Losing his son kind of made him the ideal puppet for the old gods, hence why he was consistently an ass throughout the conflict. We're finally in the time period most people are more familiar with, so stay tuned.
vincent1875 chapter 20 . 7/12/2020
Now this is lore that I'm more familiar with. Thought to be honest I half forgot it.
vincent1875 chapter 18 . 7/12/2020
I was wondering where the humans were in all this. I don't know the lore all that well.