Reviews for Princes Of Mirkwood
theo darkstar chapter 35 . 11/29/2005
i think u finished it to quick...but it was a very very very good story...it took me ten days to read it! but i am a little dissapointed at the ending...it was rushed!
Lina chapter 35 . 3/11/2005
I loved this story, I really did, but it felt like you made the ending a bit too rushed. And you made it sound like Legolas agreed in the end that Elrond and Celebrian had poisoned their minds, even though they didn't. But I REALLY liked it! Keep it up!
ErendisJ chapter 20 . 4/4/2004
I finished reading this chapter. Go on to Chapter 21.
Beletharanwen chapter 28 . 2/8/2004
this reviews actually for the last chapter but the link wouldnt work... ive been trying to be less critical, but in chapter 27, when the king is looking at the potraits n u go on to talk about Oroweth's femininity, u sed about him resembling someone but u did not say who.. i suspect Imthemmlien or whatever her name is but it is not specified.. and aslo when Chukemen (sorry im really bad with remembering characters names) u sed that she was recently apointed to a chapter instead of captain :)
Beletharanwen chapter 15 . 2/8/2004
i really did not understand the queens outburst in this chapter.. i couldnt find what had set her off let alone get the gist of wat she was going on about.. plz explain
Beletharanwen chapter 11 . 2/6/2004
i know, i know, im being overly critical here... but you didnt explain any of Thellind's recovery. one minute he was lying unconscious then he was in the holly bush with Elrohir Ellendil and Nilwethion... and you are constantly spellin lose wrong. one 'o' not too hun:P sorry im just a little finicky
Beletharanwen chapter 9 . 2/6/2004
i was just wondering... is 'ada' or 'adar' correct because since the beginning of the story u have changed... when did the princes princess and the twins inform the king and queen of Mirkwood that they're son was ill? wouldnt they have been more concerned than to just hold a formal dinner whilst he lay on sickbed? and y was it such a big deal that Nuryavie was a vegetarian? (the use f the word vegetarian was a bit to modern to me. maybe he should've expressed it some other, more formal old-english type, way?
Beletharanwen chapter 7 . 2/6/2004
in this eventful chapter (being number 7) i have found a few things to querie... when Elrond was trying to revive an unconscious Legolas... would elves really check the pulse? i thought they wopuld just be able to sense his life... and with the orc floating in the bathing pool.. how come Aelia didnt float also? she had no or attached to her like her beloved just an arrow in her leg.. wouldnt she, after all, be lighter then a foulsome orc? wouldnt she float also/instead?
LeggoMyLegolas40 chapter 4 . 1/25/2004
This is such a hilarious story! How can it be Tragedy/Angst? Well i suppose it will come in later.
Left wanting more chapter 35 . 12/26/2003
Let me start off by saying this has been an interesting fic, and overall a good read throughout.
However, your ending has left me unsatisfied. I even went back a couple of chapters to see if I had missed anything to make me feel this way, but I had not. I do like the fact that the princes are returning to Mirkwood, that is not really the part that is lacking. The story feels... unfinished, incomplete. The ending feels rushed, as if you considered yourself to be under some pressure to end the story.
The reason everything feels this way is due to the loose ends that you have left, which are not addressed in your epilogue, nor your other fic, Finishing The Tapestry. Elrond, Elrohir and Elladan, Gandalf as well, truly acted out of what they felt was the best interest of the princes, there was nothing evil nor malicious in their actions. Yet with the fic ending the way it has, the situation with them, and the relationship between Imladris and Mirkwood is left without a resolution. One might think that the two realms could be at the edge of near-war still, even with the princes returning home, and for what? For the efforts of concerned elves trying to get a bereaved king to show his sons that he has not shunned them, that he does not hate or despise them? For trying to show heartbroken sons that they are still loved? To condemn the elves of Imladris for trying to help the princes, not harm them, is highly unfair, and makes light of the trauma that they themselves when through with the taking of one of their own. In Tapestry, you have Legolas wishing he'd never listened to the twins. Understandable certainly, but with the unresolved issues in Princes, one is left to think that the Mirkwood princes now possibly hate the twins and Elrond, maybe even Gandalf as well. That not only would be unfair, it would be out of character.
Again, on the whole, this has been a good read, but the loose ends make it feel as if there is an entire chapter or two that should have been written, but wasn't. Even if the resolution isn't all wine and roses, it still needs to be there, the full truth of the matter needs to be set forth between both parties so that feelings can be sorted out, motivations revealed, so that everyone knows that ill-conceived or not, everything that was done was done out of love, not malevolence.
Good luck with your future endeavors. :)
alex chapter 31 . 12/25/2003
Hehehe! This is so cool! *bounces* Leggy-loo-lums (excuse my nickname) is so cute. Plz plz plz update soon.
*stops bouncing with resounding thumps*
emerald queen... EMERALD QUEEN! You're that bloody author who stopped writing secrets *whacks author with long stick*
Yeah. Update soon!
alex
Kyoku.x chapter 35 . 12/20/2003
lol. Well, it was good. I hope to see you sometime soon! Keep writing! Ja.
Coolio02 chapter 35 . 12/20/2003
Aw, what a nice ending! The princes finally realized that their Ada did not hate them at all. This story was excellent! It had humor, suspense, tragedy and angst all rolled into one! It was wonderful and I really did enjoy reading it. Good job and I can't wait for your next fic to be posted!_
The Namelss Elf chapter 35 . 12/19/2003
THis story was brillant. i so sorry it had to end but it's a happy ending.. are you going to follow it up? you could do a Legolas and Aliela meet years later story
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Lainfaer chapter 35 . 12/16/2003
It wouldn't let me review the last chapter for some stupid reason! Anyway, all i wanetd to so was...wow! That was one of the best stories i have ever read. I'll keep an eye out for your next one. Thanks again for a wonderful story. _
~Lainfaer~