Reviews for A Chance Meeting
tangielove chapter 35 . 1/25
This was a really good story! Bring two worlds together was beautiful done! It did get to detail at times, but I did love read this entire story!
cameron1812 chapter 35 . 11/29/2022
I wildly enjoyed every word of this story, thank you!
cameron1812 chapter 16 . 11/29/2022
I am in awe of Londo and Tory's intervention and speech, respectively. Thank you!
cameron1812 chapter 8 . 11/29/2022
Two of my favourite shows, amazing writing, original plots, realistic scenarios, linguistic barriers. Why I haven't stumbled upon this great story before I have no ideaThis is awesome! Thank you!
William Ronald chapter 16 . 10/18/2022
I enjoyed this thoroughly and it highlights several of the key characters, especially Lyta Alexander, Admiral Adama, Tory Foster, G'Kar, and Londo Mollari. However, the business proposition that G'Kar made to Lyta was during the pilot episode of Babylon 5, "The Gathering." See wiki/Lyta_Alexander
Dovaklown chapter 35 . 2/12/2022
Great book hope you back with a sequel.
ZephyrDancer chapter 9 . 1/13/2022
After reading this story for the… well I forgotten how many times I’ve read this story. I remember that the Ori and Atlen are part of the stargaze universe. With got me think both stargate and hyper gates could be the same technology just different types. But combining all three universes is cleaver I salute you cheers
KzintiKiller chapter 35 . 11/16/2021
Interesting story. Throwing in the Alterrans and the Ori as a nod to Stargate, while writing them neatly out of the story due to a war of mutual extermination was a nice twist. If you do more in this universe you could "The Lords" who are acting through the Oracles be a couple of Alterrans who ascended in the final phases of the war. Beats the idea of a Vorlon phantasm hanging around.
Difdi chapter 28 . 10/29/2021
Possible technical error: new model Basestars don’t have gun batteries.
Difdi chapter 19 . 10/29/2021
You have a number of redundancies in the last scene of the chapter, like fighters suddenly turning suddenly.
Difdi chapter 12 . 10/29/2021
The attack on a neutral freighter in neutral space by a warship of Clark’s regime could also be viewed as an attempted act of piracy, which would make those Earthforce marines the very raiders Hall claimed the Colonials were.
Difdi chapter 4 . 10/29/2021
One of the oddities of the BSG reboot is their sensors can only detect an armed nuke, not a disarmed one. That is, honestly, utterly BIZARRE. The only difference between an unarmed nuke and an armed one is exactly the same as the difference between a switched off computer and a switched on one.

Everything but the detonator on a nuke remains the same whether it is armed or not, and the detonator is basically a computer, computer-controlled switch, and an electrical capacitor. But there’s only about as much electricity in that capacitor as there is in a car battery, and it’s there whether the nuke is armed or not. Unless DRADIS sensors can detect someone switching on a laptop computer, there’s no way they’d be able to tell the difference between an armed nuke and an unarmed one.

But we know that DRADIS can not only detect nukes, it automatically highlights any it detects. Therefore every time the fleet jumps and Galactica makes sure the fleet made it okay, that nuke on Cloud Nine should have been visible like someone launched a flare.
Difdi chapter 2 . 10/29/2021
This is an interesting idea. The two human civilizations both have tech that will be game changing for the other - FTL and gravity control on the Colonial side, energy weapons (especially interceptors) and communications on the Alliance side. There is nothing a Cylon Basestar has that will threaten an Omega class destroyer up front, even if they can hack one later they won’t be able to at first.

A Whitestar will make the Cylons excrete masonry. NOTHING the Cylons have would stop a single Whitestar from annihilating the entire Cylon fleet. And there are HOW many Whitestars?!
Blaze1992 chapter 35 . 8/31/2021