Reviews for A Chance Meeting
A good story. Not great but certainly good. A little too much of 'and then this happens and then that happened' going on. I'm also not to fond of the EA bashing. Don't get me wrong I understand it. The Clarke Regime was pretty terrible but most of the EA was fairly good a d pragmatic. I hope to see this addressed soon because I don't like see Earth and the Colonials at odds with each other.
Sable Dawn chapter 35 . 6/25
What would be interesting to know is if the jump drives work in hyperspace,since the jump drives need to calculate for things in the way, but there is nothing in hyperspace.
vrwhammer chapter 35 . 6/13
Excellent
Chronus1326 chapter 9 . 5/17
I love that you mentioned the conflict between the Alterran and Ori. I bet we could mount some modern armor and armament on the Battlestars.
Donkeydog7 chapter 16 . 4/14
After all the threats and suffering G'kar has experienced that he would fear adama?you've got him pissing everyone off,the ones who are trying to help the colonies get back on their he gonna go after delenn next?
Donkeydog7 chapter 15 . 4/14
Why that section about Adama admonishing the centuri about the look he gave the barn?
Donkeydog7 chapter 4 . 4/13
Colonial nukes are weaker than B5 due to the fact that colonial nukes are fission based where B5s are fusion based.2nukes from the Lexington destroyed the black star where colonial nukes could take as many as can still kill civilian ships and could damage or destroy a white star.
Short but sweet like the story thank you for writing
I have truly enjoyed reading your story wish it had been longer though but those are the breaks thank you for writing
LuciferP chapter 17 . 2/28
Another reason for the colonials making hundreds of jumps verses Starbucks much fewer total would be. The fleet is trying to escape the cylons and given the cylons have better jump drives running in a straight line would be foolish and so they would have to make jumps along random vectors possibly sometimes near doubling back on themselves so in three dimensional space this equates to hundreds of jumps but relatively little distance travelled, so Starbuck travelling in a straight line would require very few jumps to get back to the colonies.
Manatheron chapter 17 . 2/22
Just remembered another comment I wanted to make last time I read the story but didn't end up doing... What would happen if the BSG people were to use their drives in hyperspace? Personally I'm of two minds, and four opinions. one that could do irreparable damage to the hyperspace Lane, two that the two are incompatible and their drives simply won't function in Hyperspace. Three the drives work as do in normal space allowing the effects to build off each other ( a two day trip accomplished immediately as they can target the becon at the other end) or four it has an unexpected result like Stargates mirror drive or the Red Dwarf hop drive...
Manatheron chapter 9 . 2/21
Second read-through, I had forgotten about the section when I read it the first time and I wanted to comment now before I forget again. Could the argument then be made that an alternate of the Stargate universe could also be crossed with a story in the future? Or did you just use the Ori and the Alterrens as a handy narrative device?

First thing I thought when I saw the names crop up was 'I wonder where the mirror device is?'
This is astonishingly poorly written. Like just fundamentaly bad.
Fallen Gods Rise chapter 2 . 1/12
Why would Marcus destroy the raider if it made no hostile moves. Cylons aren't his enemy, he doesn't even know about them. He wouldn't destroy another ship just because a stranger say so in a broadcast not even meant for him.
Guest chapter 35 . 12/16/2018
This is 35 chapters of mostly exposition with no dramatic arc and incredulously "noble" BSG characters, which do not fit the portrayal of the series proper. The string of successes is utterly unbroken, and thus, it ends up as what amounts to a grossly bloated prologue to something else that MIGHT be interesting. This isn't a crossover story. This is something you put in a paragraph in front of a crossover to explain how it happened.