Reviews for The Chit
nl.albert87 chapter 23 . 8/22
i thoroughly enjoyed this
SeverusAndHermioneFan chapter 23 . 5/28
The idea is good.

The plot is interesting. Liked how Hermione makes a list of suitors and methodically crosses them off after talking to them. Liked the gift from Fred and George to Hermione.

The ending is odd. Hermione runs around the battlefield as if Voldemort poses no threat to her when he has just demonstrated his power. The last thing one expects from the smartest witch of her generation. So silly to set herself up, considering she begged Severus to watch out.

The characters are great. Severus and Hermione do a pretty good job of analyzing the people around them and how they relate to them. Their dialogues are clever, I liked them a lot. Admittedly some of the actions are pretty dumb, an example in the previous paragraph. Although... Hermione is the only one who does stupid things. Sev has no complaints at all. None of the main characters behave in a way that makes you want to hit them.
SeverusAndHermioneFan chapter 21 . 5/28
I love moments like this when the reader knows that Hermione loves Severus. But it still describes his suspicions, his depression, his anguish over her wanting to leave him.
SeverusAndHermioneFan chapter 11 . 5/27
I really liked the way you portrayed the behavior of the guests at the wedding and afterwards.
They're all hypocritical, ungrateful bastards who take everything for granted. They don't give themselves the trouble to understand how truly dangerous and disastrously important Severus' job is, the job of a spy. Snape actually sacrifices himself on a daily basis. If it weren't for Sev's information many of them would be dead by now, and there would be almost nothing left of the resistance to Voldemort.
CassiopeiaB chapter 23 . 12/1/2020
I very much love your style of writing, especially how you write Severus. This was a very enjoyable read, the development of their relationship, the war against the Dark Lord, ... I find the Malfoys very believeable here, too.
CJRed chapter 11 . 8/29/2020
I enjoyed the story but was totally thrown out of it by this chapter.

There were no Kindle books in 1999 or 2000 and we called yoga pants leggings.

Although, I am sure most people don't mind these inconsistencies, as someone who was Hermiones age at this time and a bibliophile, I felt you needed to know. I usually had three novels in my purse, all paperback, all bought at thrift stores for 10 cents.
The first Kindle came out in 2007 I got one in 2009 and was super excited.

About yoga pants as pants...
Stores didnt really sell yoga pants outside the athletic section until 2005ish and they were not worn about as clothes outside of the gym until around the same time. The first time I can remember seeing anyone wearing yoga pants as an actual outfit was my friends teenage sister in Jan of 2005. It scandalized my Nana.
I searched for them after that and can tell you that they didn't make their way to my wardrobe until 2007 when Target started carrying them.

Muggle stores in 1999 would have had low cut jeans , boot cut, and shirts that never covered your belly. Refrence Buffy, Rose from Dr Who, Gilmore Girls, and Sex and the City. We did not have internet stores so had to wear what was in style and carried in stores.
Nana bought my clothes 1996-1997 from a department store in California. I had the same outfits as the first season of Buffy, minus the knee boots which Nana said were 'hooker boots'
Later I found out they bought the wardrobe for Buffy from the same store, lol
Cheers
90s kid
Artisticmom2 chapter 23 . 7/31/2020
A truly wonderful story. WELL DONE!
The Clueless chapter 23 . 6/27/2020
Amazing story. Such a nice take on the Marriage Law. Cute and captivating at the same time.
Suldreen194 chapter 23 . 6/15/2020
Hey !
Already sorry for the mistakes, I usually speak French and I'm learning English. I just finished to read your fanfiction and I really enjoyed it, it was both so cute and with action ! I found it really good written. I'm really happy you've continued to write after chapter 5 :D You made me feel sadness, joy, and I didn't want to stop reading it.
I was wondering if you could give me the permission to translate and share your story in French so other people can read it and enjoy it too. I've always dreamed of taking on this challenge and your story is perfect to try !
If you want not never mind, the most important is the plesure you gave me with this story. Thanks and see you soon I hope !
Suldreen194
Moewe24 - guest chapter 23 . 5/5/2020
I do see that this story was finished over a year ago, and I sincerely hope that my review/kudos will still be noted by the esteemed author. Now, having finished reading, what more can I say but - what a journey! I enjoyed every minute of reading, and it will be one of my alltime favourites, that's for sure. It had everything an avid reader could hope for - a tentatively growing relationship with lots of misunderstandings, insecurities on both sides, and very sweet moments too ... something to suffer or be happy alongwith our two favourite people (or three, also counting Draco ... another tentatively blooming lovestory in the end, how nice!), and then lots of drama and dangerous moments .. what a thriller. Nice people to meet, like Nicholas and Esmeralda, and people to go ballistic about, like Molly and Lavender of course (though I do like the original/movie Molly most of the time). Then, the often heartbreaking struggles both Hermione and Severus had to overcome until they could both accept that they are worthy of love and happiness... *sighs* ... and that beautiful Malfoy estate in Spain, together with that friendly, caring housekeeper and lots of delicious food ... how I wished to be there, especially in view of the forced isolation everywhere in the world. So, thanks once again for this great story, and may you all stay safe and healthy. Kind regards and solidarity from Germany :-*
Moewe24 - guest chapter 11 . 5/1/2020
Ah, now your Molly version makes more sense to me, thanks for explaining in your A/N above. I caught myself constantly grinding my teeth when reading the scenes including her. How can anybody be that meddling and mean? I see... I think the proper word is 'histrionic'?
Plus extra meddling and mean * lol *
Here's to Dr. Granger for giving her a piece of his mind ... well, maybe she won't even remember clearly after ... how many glasses of prosecco * g * ? Would be a pity though.
EmeraldPhoenix1022 chapter 23 . 3/26/2020
I loved every moment of this! I couldn’t put it down !
treefort chapter 23 . 3/25/2020
Very engaging! My one true Harry is always gay. I loved mixed race, product of an even earlier student/teacher relationship Hermione! I liked the vulnerable insecurities you play upon in Snape. I even adored Frigging Blacks/Malfoys as closeted good people! My only criticism is that you seem to be holding back a bit too much of Bellatrix's special crazy. It pulled me out of the story. I could feel you, the author, drawing that morality line at Hermione's panties. I don't think that is a boundary that Bella the blood-drinker of her own nephew would have respected at all. Maybe it was to keep the ratings down? Maybe you just didn't want to imply villainy and mental problems have anything to do with lesbianism? I can respect either of those goals. Still, I wish the scene had been written differently somehow.
Minerva394 chapter 9 . 2/23/2020
I really like your Narcissa! Thank you for this story. The Marriage Law has been done hundreds of times but authors such as you find yet another new twist to it.
HermioneIncarnate chapter 1 . 12/24/2019
Great story and nice pacing. I liked your original bits and characters a lot. Thanks!