Reviews for Ash
A novel approach!
Borys
X59 chapter 6 . 9/20
Nicely done.
Can't wait to see the Kingsguards reaction when they learn what has happened. I wonder if in this story it will be Oberyn that shows up at the tower. Ned is obviously too preoccupied with the coming Great Council and organising things to be able to travel to Dorne (not to mention we don't know how he knew in canon were to look, for all we know he interrogated Varys or some servants in the Red Keep, which aren't options here). With the upcoming Great Council however the Martells may decide it is in their best interest to have a bargaining chip and start looking for Lyanna. Guess we will see.
Damn that last scene. That the majority of the fleet and guards would turn against them really can't surprise anyone. But Rhaella resorting to suicide; That comes as a punch in the gut. Through it probably is a mercy compared to what the enraged guards might do to them. So no Daenerys in this story.
Narkalui chapter 5 . 9/20
Really enjoying this, never considered this eventuality before. One small knit to pick: when addressing a knight it should never be "Ser Selmy", always "Ser Barristan" or " Ser Barristan Selmy. " With Lords it is different, you can have 'Title Firstname' if there is some degree of familiarity, so for example Yohn Royce or the Winterfell kennel master could address Ned as "Lord Eddard" but the Winterfell kennel master would ALWAYS address Yohn Royce as either "Milord" of being formal "Lord Royce". I hope that makes sense.
InfinityMask chapter 6 . 9/19
I think this is the first story that make Aerys success in his plan. It would be interesting to see more of this
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 6 . 9/19
psh. yeah the leaderless and adrift Kings guard! quite frankly we never really get their reasonings in canon, where they hoping to use Jon as a King in exile? did they just chose this as the place to die? did they even know? hell yeah the bit on information scarcity and the horrifying fact that they dont even KNOW is its own hell. Hell! I woudlent have been surprised if diddnt tell her her father and brther died.
but the sheer isolation and bad health issues... just DAMMING.
but youch! got to suicide hmm? does this mean no Dnaerys? or is danerys not included cause baby what are you going to do?

anyway I do apreciate Ned and Robert were simply waiting now.

but hey! good work, their are times when things just simple BREAK this corssed the line. and the dragon loyalists would be such a MESS when having to deal with this. of COURSE it causes the revolts.

course everyone we freaking TOLD you he was burning and executing people on WHIMS we freaking TOLD you damm it.
chase manaena chapter 6 . 9/19
wow interesting chapter please update as soon as you can please
more please
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 5 . 9/18
Absolutely love it . Cause hell even The Greyjoy they have now might declare Indioendence and hav wit or all the others as well the crown lands to be divided between the storm lands and Riverlands as it once was... I mean the surviving Targaryian loyalists might even keep the Narrow sea houses which would turn into a delightful mess cause yes! 7 kingdoms! Unity again!
And honestly despite the issues pro tarfaryains hpuses Imply 4 of the kingdoms are in unity as allies and friends, drones strength is very much spent as is the crown lands... and the west are bleeding a good chunk of men but also in leadership... and the reach are a nice mess! Tyrell diplomacy shall be tested soon...
Hell if the blakfyres decide to try again quite soon... course Varys is dead! My oh my... such potential.
Course they are going to NEEd to keep great councils going for the next couple decades... oho! The Kingsguard leadership still draws breath! And what they get up to... Viserys lives as well as Jon janerys... huh.
Course this Will break most off from the dragons Dorne is their most hated enemy now... and sheesh the stepstones...
Course Valeria, Harrenhall, summer hall, kings landing the targaryians are Hard on buildings aren’t they?

I’m loving it especially without the main antagonists their is gap for fun! Sandor might turn into the knight of the west Barristan might retake his old place... Jon con will turn interesting mess... NED vs Mance Radyer! King in the north and the king beyond the wall and how he handles that desperate migration! Ohohoho
So anyway I assume the council will deal with three things first.
Dragonstone must fall the last of the dragons defeated.
God damm it greyjoys.
Divvy up the crownlands.
Then the whole is Robert king of four kingdoms from storms end? Hmmmm...
But muha! No incest surprise Bavaria! No Joffrey! Very good. Honestly can nsiderong the 5 kings war and the later aggressions might have helped... nahhh .
Still! All the talks by... and thank you for that Ned and Robert thing the proper response to the dragonspawn thing as well as what war did to me but also good ol hey it’s ok your my friend damm it.
Corse ol Great Jon and da kings in the NORTH! And Roberts I’m not going to be one of the kings like the Targaryians better one like those of old! Less paper pushing. Muha.
Good chapter.

The reveal of the Lannister camp and the fact that Ned only entered the city after a few days makes things much mor realistic.

I wonder how Sandor will deal with this. His main motivation in life was killing his brother and now Gregor is dead, not by his hand and very early, maybe even early enough that Sandor won't grow up the same bitter man.

Rhaelly and Viserys hardly pose a threat. Once news spread I fully expect their own guards and ship-crews to turn against them.

Not rebuilding Kings Landing is a bold move I didn't expect. I can see Jon's logic, but a new capital is necessary and the aren't that many locations that can easily accomodate a great harbour that aren't already belonging to someone. Not to mention even with al the descruction rebuilding King's Landing will come much cheaper than building a new capital from the ground up.
KHARAKI TAKAN chapter 5 . 9/18
You need to work on your line breaks.

Interesting.
X59 chapter 5 . 9/17
Nicely done.
KPRS Splicer chapter 5 . 9/17
I just realized that within a name-day or two, the Westerlands is going to tear itself apart as weak claimants strike against the various Regencies, and with a Regency in overall command, they won’t be as effective in suppressing these Claimant Wars.

It’s something I always pay attention to when playing Crusader Kings 2. Can’t press my vassal’s weak claims until a Regency is established.

The Reach may fall into the same problem as the Tyrells no longer have the Crown to support their artificial hold on Highgarden. The Hightowers always were an ambitious family, let alone the Florents and Redwynes.

If Robert does manage to maintain the Lord Protectorship of the Seven Kingdoms, a symbolic opportunity may be to re-build Harrenhal. It’s situated in the center of Westeros, can hold a massive amount of wealth and provisions, and as I mentioned, incredibly symbolic in relation to the Targaryens.

The Targaryens destroyed Harrenhal and with it, any chance of freedom from the Remnants of the Valyrians. By rebuilding, it would show the world that the oppression of the Dragon cannot only be overcome, but erased entirely.

Can’t wait for the next chapter.
more please