Reviews for The Great Alderaan Fire
Arallute chapter 1 . 9/19
Welcome back!

Lots of stories explore whether Leia feels she’s a good leader for the Rebellion; far fewer wonder if she’s doing a good job as princess. So I really liked this story’s premise. And the dialogue, including the scene between Han and the wise Chewie, is terrific.
Mermaid 32 chapter 1 . 9/15
Yay! I always like your stories and this one doesn't disappoint! The characterizations are spot on. I like how Han shows her that she's doing a great job in the face of unheard of and unspeakable tragedy.
OtterAndTerrier chapter 1 . 9/15
This was lovely! I loved how you set up Leia's self-doubt, having her questioning if she was actually doing right by her people, and Han reminding her of everything she'd done for them, and Han's dry humour was spot-on.
Han for the win with his words of encouragement! Loved this. Reminds you of the heavy burden on Leia’s Shoulders.
justinegraham chapter 1 . 9/15
This is great! I love how you convey their dynamic at this stage. Well done!
erindarroch chapter 1 . 9/15
I really enjoyed this story. You've got perfect characterisations of Han, Leia and Chewie, and it's such an intriguing premise. I loved the dynamic between Han and Leia here, and how he supports and encourages her.

"Sweetheart, these people don't need some nursemaid with a hanky to dry their cheeks. They need a warrior who's ready to lead them into battle. If you haven't looked in the mirror recently, Princess, that's you."

Damn straight! Nicely said, Captain Solo.

I really, really love the final word. Amazing how you can raise all sorts of interesting points in the reader's mind, with just a single syllable. Nice work!
I really enjoyed your story.
Thank you. That was lovely
Oakgnlvkdöxvlo how is this so perfect?! Where do I begin? I love how Han and Leia communicate wordlessly on a mission, how they know each other's next move by standin next to one another. And the friendly (flirty) banther on the Falcon: my absolute favourite thing in their pre-esb relationship. Basically the fact that you have accomplished to picture the comfort and trust in their friendship is making this story and characters so living and true to themselves. I can literally hear Carrie's voice in my head, and that doesn't happen so often.

Young male adult, who is capable overcome obstacles without a hissy fit: always needing more of that. I was celebrating during the inner monologue of Nes.

I'm loving your Chewie as well: the relationship between him and Han is so sweet and right.

There is so much to love here, that I can't even express because it feels so natural. Thank you.

P.s. The Organa fire in Leia's eyes. Genious!
NicolleOrgana chapter 1 . 9/13
This was seriously seriously lovely. The characterization perfect.

I can really feel Leia’s worry here, about whether or not she’s a shitty princess — a shitty *leader.* I’ve always thought that she must have struggled with a lot of self doubt, about what happened to Alderaan and everything that followed, and I love her turning to Han in her moment of weakness, seeking reassurance that she’s doing a good job and has made the best choices that she could given the circumstances.

And I really love Han at the end referring the the rebellion as “we” and not even seeming to realizing that he’s done it. He’s a *part* of it now, whether he wants to be or not (and I think we all know that he DOES).

Anyway, great great stuff! T!
luv15 chapter 1 . 9/12
Hooray! You're back with another lovely story. Would love to see more of rancher Han and Leia. They were charming!
sodorland chapter 1 . 9/12
You can always trust Han to put things in the right perspective.
christag chapter 1 . 9/12
I loved this sooooo much. Han is so right. He is her rock and she doesn't even realize it yet. Welcome back, I have missed you.
Norsi chapter 1 . 9/12