Reviews for Melting of the Snow
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
This was a lovely story! Well done!
Jillian Baade chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
I feel very sorry for Maedhros and Maglor, the best of the Feanorians, and two good people forced by the stupid Oath to do unspeakable things. You show their anguish, and the hold the Silmaril has very well. Short but good.
Ithilwen too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 4/17/2003
A very nice vignette, which does a wonderful job subtly sketching the tension between Maedhros and Maglor (and which nicely inverts the usual relationship of Maedhros and Maglor to the Silmarils). It's nice to see you writing more stories again!
Cirdan chapter 1 . 4/15/2003
I've always been fond of the Elured & Elurin story bit. I like what you've done with it, the "comfortable" silence that quickly becomes an awkward moment. I also liked the fact that Maglor is the one thinking about the Silmarils in this fic. Too often, everything is put on Maedhros when, in truth, they probably both go through their mood swings about the Silmarils. And I love the struggle of the filial sons, trying to honor their dead father, but at this point, also to honor their dead brothers, and now, also to honor Elured & Elurin, really. Short but sweet. (Ok, bittersweet...)
Tinni chapter 1 . 4/15/2003
Sad. I can't help feel sorry for Maglor and Maedhros. I mean they truly and honestly seem to believe they had no other choice but to do the horrible things they did. I guess that's what stops them from being loathed villains.