Reviews for Hail to the Mechanic
Omen004 chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
Overall a pretty interesting story. I must have misread or not noticed that this was a FF 6/7 crossover which I was not crazy about. I did however love the appendix at the end. More stories should do that.
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
when i read 'vellorum' i immediatly thought star wars. good fic
BadWriterOfShounenAi chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
As a huge Edgar fan, I must say I loved it. I loved your portrayal of him, uncertain and more than a little worried about his new responsibilities. I loved the mild touch of shounen ai. I loved the way you pulled the games together. I loved the refrigerator reference.

This fic was freakin perfect. One of my all-time favorites. I would KILL to have you write more Edgar and Locke, or even just Edgar...I loved it so, so, SO much... ; ;
Elendraug chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
I haven't even played FFVI or FFVI, and I thought this was phenomenal. I loved the book-quotes, the refrigerator bit (eerie, man. eerie), the way you related the three games to each other, the foreshadowing with the "you're just overreacting" line...

So good. All of the ending sentences for each segment were EXTREMELY clever and well-written. Admirable job, seriously.
Always Rosalind chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
Nice. :D I liked the Billy Joel. A bright spot of FFVI fic in a pile of trash. ::thumbs up:: Go 'head with your bad self.
Tono-Danamaki chapter 1 . 6/14/2005
wow, dat be good story, i love edgar, ROCK ON!
Blackjack Gabbiani chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
You know, I swore I reviewed this already...

Ah well, nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. Great fic, great characters, love the inside references, etc.
Brie1 chapter 1 . 12/19/2003
I
kinneas chapter 1 . 9/16/2003
After having read this for the hundredth time, I finally realized I hadn't reviewed it. Bad me.

...Well, I think conclusions can be drawn from the fact that I've read this so damn much O_O. I love this fic, it's exactly the sort of thing I love to read. Nice wording, good characterization, interesting content, not overly dark.

A couple of typos here and there, and you've now made my "Best Typos Ever" list XD

"He got up and wandered over the baloney's edge."

Insert stupid giggle here.

My hat tips in your general direction.
Random Fan of Hojo chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
Whoa. oo How you can mesh comedy and very dark stuff in one fic, not to mention tie in VI, VII, and VI together in a perfectly plausible way, and let's not forget the SW reference...XD This is excellent. oo Incredible. WOw. I will go stare off into space for a while from reading something this good. oo BTW, characterization was likewise excellent. oo I like how you even make Kefka's Chocobo stand out. Goes with his personality. Very clever, very well thought-out, very worthy of reading.
Bonnie E chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
This is an excellent fic. I am a big Edgar fan, and you captured his personality very well here. I always envisioned him as an unsuccessful lech (unlike so many fics that make him a complete player, which isn't the impression I got from the females in his castle) and very intelligent. There are a few small spelling errors that I caught, but nothing that detracted from the overall quality of the fic. Anyway, great work! I liked the way you linked up the three games. It's not my vision, but it still works out well and makes sense.
Alquamor chapter 1 . 4/24/2003
This is amazingly good. Very well researched, very well written. I have no words to describe the awesome (in the old sense of "full of awe")impression which this fic has left me with. Did I call it good yet, lol?
Crowdia chapter 1 . 4/23/2003
I really loved that story! It was an awsome idea! The only thing I don't understand is the ending, how does it tie in with all you stated before it? In any case it was had a great viewpoint on alot! Keep writing!
Sarah chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
I liked it, could you please write a sequal
Freedom Jack chapter 1 . 4/16/2003
Very clever inserts from other Final Fantasy games; I enjoyed catching the meanings behind them the entire way through. _ I always enjoy a good FF6 story, especially if the story involves Edgar, Setzer, Terra, or Shadow (my four favorites and main party *lol*). I caught some missing connecting words through the fanfic, but you have a wonderful way of writing that allowed me to continue on without too much confusion. Keep up the great work!