Reviews for A Fragile Calm
gojirason chapter 1 . 6/15
Hoping this continues. Well written thus far, with an interesting power premise. I wonder how long it’d be before she makes a certain very large suit of armor...
Morbious20 chapter 1 . 3/2
Looks like a great start, hopefully you'll post more soon .
xbox432 chapter 1 . 12/13/2018
Ooow, this could be interesting. Not very often I see a fic where Armsmaster ISN'T acting like a jerk. I'm curious to see how things will go as this seems to indicate that Taylor will be following him back to the rig for healing and a debriefing... though if Lung's power keeps going, even at a trickle, she might already be healed by then.

Also, yeah, people are gonna freak out when they realize she can copy powers that easily. Also also, scarily enough, Taylor doesn't seem to yet realize what Oni Lee's power actually does... a copy of a copy of a copy ad Infinitum. Let's hope the whole Pyre Fly thing will keep her from becoming an emotionless automaton.
embrewing chapter 1 . 10/2/2018
hmmmm, god i love this so far, only question i have is whether or not taylors version of oni lee's power is also killing her bit by bit?
syphiralae chapter 1 . 9/30/2018
This is a really fantastic start from my perspective, and about people thinking that you 'killed/replaced' Taylor with a slightly defective Oni-lee version copy, it could just be that Lancet has her mimic the powers while protecting her core self? Like say she accidentally took someone's power, which made them constantly be in a berserk like state, maybe the negative effects only last as long as she has energy/til she rests in her case?
Apperatus chapter 1 . 9/24/2018
Interesting premise, looking forward to seeing whether this updates a second time!
Lydia-Hood chapter 1 . 9/22/2018
So Taylor got a mix of FFX based powers, she can gather and use the pyreflies to create FFX monsters, and likely Aeons later too. However it goes beyond that, it seem she has 'Lancet' and that translate into giving her Parahumans powers as Blue Magic.

Its by no way a feeble set of powers, the first has potentially enormous uses, summoning monsters is pretty useful, considering the top rated monsters would be likely the next most powerful thing after the Endbringers, if it ramp up to Aeons its going to be an enormously powerful ability, after all Sin was something of at least Endbringer caliber, if not more, and you could take it down by using a few Aeons ultimate attack. So if she can summon a few Aeons in a row to unleash their ultimate attack, she should be able to get them to kill an Endbringer.

The second has also a massive potential, if she can copy the powers of every parahumans it make her able the potential to surpass any parahumans ever by taking on their powers, and it can rack up to some pretty high levels, the fact she doesn't need to kill them to do it is obviously a major plus, it mean she might get powers donated to her to help her along if necessary.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/20/2018
Alright hope to read more your story has potential.
Wolfund chapter 1 . 9/19/2018
Armsmaster riding high on adrenaline, absolutely surreal
ggf1 chapter 1 . 9/19/2018
grrr. Worm. I'm so so with. work. grin
ggf1 chapter 1 . 9/19/2018
good story. Work is one of my favorites. FF X was one of the first games I played. woo hoo
Quatermass chapter 1 . 9/18/2018
Okay, this has potential.
shugokage chapter 1 . 9/18/2018
Definitely a very cool idea good job!
Dalxein chapter 1 . 9/17/2018
This is a fantastic start. Easily favorite material if this keeps up.
Vandenbz chapter 1 . 9/17/2018
If Taylor keeps her powers and adds more with each parahuman she copies from, it won't be long before others start labelling her as Eidolon Mk. II. Even Eidolon himself might think that given how his powers keep burning out while hers only grow stronger. I wonder if she's immune to Contessa's Path to Victory, I always enjoy it when someone can give her a migraine through avoiding her powers.