Reviews for In My Sister's Cognition
SilverKnight17 chapter 1 . 10/12
Heartbreaking, but well done. I was surprised one of the stories of Makoto week, will be taking part of Sae's cognition. It was really heartwarming in to see in your series to learn about Sae. Underneath all that tension and stress. Sae always still care for Makoto, even though she can forget. It was always interesting to see what could the Metaverse could bring, especially with memories. Anyways, nicely done as always.
MathAtMidnight chapter 1 . 9/20
Powerful.

Somehow I don't believe that this was done while the team was fleeing from the police's trap, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief for this one. I honestly thought, when I first read the description, that this would take place with her solo (after all, this is a personal matter, so there's no need to involve anyone else), but now that I think about it, it makes sense to have it occur when you have it. I think the best part of this work is that even though you're led on to think that this is what her parents think of Makoto, you are reminded that these thoughts are Sae's by proxy, and despite her exterior, she adores her little sister and holds her in only the highest regard.

Hooray!
Silvermane177 chapter 1 . 9/20
Oof. Ow. Right in the feels. Darn onion-cutting ninjas!

Like Makoto said, there's a LOT to unpack here. Sae's cognition of her sister though is hauntingly beautiful. A pure but fragile thing, something to be protected lest it shatter. Sae shows she's eager to protect her little sister, thinks she's wonderful and radiant, but also delicate. It captures the way an older sibling would view her, as touching yet insulting as that is.

Being able to 'reconnect' with her parents, the conscious mind feuding with her emotions, the utter longing and grief Makoto displays here is very well captured. She KNOWS what they are, but can't help herself from feeling they're real. And as tragic as it is, Haru was right. She would have always regretted missing the chance.

I prefer your take in Makoto's Lies on her father's cognition, but this was still a powerful scene and I'm glad you were able to compose it. Keep up the amazing work!