Reviews for Democracy
Difdi chapter 5 . 4/25
If you must lie about your opponents and goals to get people to vote against that opponent or opponent’s agenda, then you are someone who MUST NOT be allowed into a position of power. If telling the truth about your opponents, your agenda, or your own self results in you losing elections or legislative votes, then your agenda deserves to lose.

Hermione’s faction aren’t the good guys here, since they weren’t elected and their agenda wasn’t passed based on truth, but on lies. They won the votes, but in doing so, they proved that Neville was absolutely right.
Difdi chapter 2 . 4/25
Politics is the art of compromise. Of giving something to get something. Hermione betrays her own lack of understanding of politics - clearly having gotten it all from books - and is utterly uncompromising in every opinion she holds. She’s a demagogic revolutionary, not a politician, and it shows.
Difdi chapter 1 . 4/25
Hermione’s problem - and to a lesser extent, Harry’s - is that they think like members of the non-magical British culture, and when they saw British magical culture, they assumed it had to be the same culture. Because both are British. But it isn’t. Everyone has seen or heard of the “ugly insert-nationality-here tourist” who goes to a foreign country and immediately starts loudly complaining that it’s different from home. That’s what Hermione is to magical Britain.

She knows she’s right beyond any question, so she never bothers to question herself. And as a result, she’s essentially an ugly tourist, who acts in accordance with a culture she’s not currently in. And is going to get completely predictable bad results.
jmantsch0702 chapter 5 . 2/11
The game was riged from the start.
IxamHP09 chapter 5 . 11/19/2023
Wow what a story and ending. Sad to see Neville used to be the villian but what a great execution of the idea.
RightWrong chapter 5 . 11/15/2023
This was really enjoyable.

( It’s one of the few RonHermione fics I could enjoy reading. )

Thanks for writing,
bgreenfl chapter 5 . 11/14/2023
Good story! Well thought and well written.

Obviously, I was disappointed by Neville, but his stance just reflectd his upbringing, especially given his "gran's" attitudes.
FinnTheHumanMC chapter 5 . 7/12/2023
What a thoroughly refreshing and reinvigorating fanfiction.
mailformisc9089 chapter 1 . 6/28/2023
so frustrating to read! I really wanted to sock NevilleD but beautifully written
hpfan1982 chapter 3 . 5/9/2023
This story is very interesting. Sad to see Neville turning a blind eye to bigotry.
idkusernameoatbuit chapter 1 . 4/8/2023
A lot of people really do be exposing themselves in the reviews, huh?
RiseOfTheDarkness chapter 5 . 3/21/2023
That ending line made my day, holy shit Neville never stops a chance. Sad but unsurprising to see others still trying to defend the aristocracy, this fandom is weird about things like that
NWFairyGodmother chapter 5 . 2/7/2023
He should have avada-ed her right there where she stood. I think this was probably the most serious political story I've read and I imagine it's deadly accurate too. but he still should have thrown that unforgivable at her for being such a bitch and having no class and having no grace -just as all of the old families accuse her of. it's true. she could get her point across and still have a little bit of decency. cant say I've ever hated Hermione more than I have with this story. excellent writing to cause so much emotion! thank you for sharing it
owl3764 chapter 5 . 1/10/2023
This was interesting and something I can imagine happening.
Great story, thanks.
Darth Flamel chapter 5 . 1/7/2023
This is the best story on the website.