Reviews for Democracy
Homarid chapter 5 . 4/25
It was strange to read about a character on the losing side. Normally I would be more upset, but I wanted him to lose. Thank you for the fun story.
Homarid chapter 2 . 4/25
You know it just occurred to me that Neville wasn't actually part of the order of the phoenix. If he were then he wouldn't be surprised at all about the Granger/Doge/Shacklebolt alliance. The arguments back and forth are well done, thank you for typing it out.
Homarid chapter 1 . 4/25
Hermione is being purposefully obtuse about her phrasing and it's annoying. Well if that is the route to change she wants to take I guess we'll see how it goes.
stevem1 chapter 5 . 4/23
Excellent story. Neville the elitist and Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione the radicals. Though I still don’t see the H/G and Hr/R relationships working, much like canon.
badwolf86 chapter 4 . 3/18
wow hermonie is really a dishonest POS in this fanfiction
ColinBlake chapter 5 . 2/19
You are an extremely good writer considering how you gradually made me come to hate your version of Neville (even though he is one of my favourite characters in the original). It is striking how similar Neville's (and most of the Greengrass circle's) reasoning is in this story as compared to fascists. In fact, I almost expected that one of the members would suggest an assassination of Hermione (not that anyone else would support it though).

Fantastic work on this AU!
Oh how the mighty fall

I really like how you wrote the debates! Some of Neville's speeches might sound strong at first but were riddled with fallacies, nicely done!
Loved it! Great story
PotterHermione chapter 5 . 12/28/2020
Awesome
Kai chapter 5 . 12/6/2020
I liked the first part of the "Marriage Law Revolution". The second part, however, was much too violent for my tastes.

It's nice to see that similar results, at least for Britain, can be achieved by political shenanigans. Violence was foreseeable, but didn't come to pass/wasn't necessary in the end. Very good!

However, in Neville's favour, it was unfair to make him look like a Death Eater or nearly as reactionary just to push their agenda. He is a hero and lost important family to Riddle's idiots. On the other hand, if he hadn't spoken against Hermione the first time he wouldn't have been the target. At least not to that extent.
Kai chapter 3 . 12/6/2020
Yes, democracy is terrible and a lot more susceptible to corruption than government systems where a couple chosen families have all the power. Just like the corruption ridden developed industral or service economy countries versus the ruled-fairly-by-capable-select-leaders in tribal societies in, say, sub-Saharan Africa or Central Asia.

Okay, to be fair, income inequality and corruption exists in both systems, but "just", let's call them presidents, backed by their tribes like Charles Taylor or Robert Mugabe, are famous for their low (or rather extremely high, perhaps?) level of their own corruption and that of their regimes.

While democratically elected governments, still not without their problems, like Donald Trump is one, develop. Those which have some level of democracy the longest are, funnily enough, the wealthiest societies where a service economy provides a high level of positive values (wealth, information, supply security, freedom) for the common person.

Neville's research is quite slanted in favour of what he wants to show. On the other hand, everyone does that, not just in this or other fictions. But in this case he deceived himself as well instead of only his peers. And it's a perfect example why a Utopia isn't possible in magical Britain. If even the light side families support the system that brought up one dark lord after the other and oppress everyone not of their status... Just like Molly teaches her children to ignore the squib relative. He's not magical so he's not worth any attention. And while Neville could be written differently, he WAS brought up by his extremely traditional grandmother. Of course they don't have anything against the muggleborn, but they should really know their place.
Kai chapter 2 . 12/6/2020
Yes, Hogwarts has always been the best magical school in the entire magical world. That's even the best argument to reform the society. If all magical schools are as shit as Hogwarts, or even shittier, they don't deserve a society of their own. Dumbledore's Hogwarts was a joke. The number and choice of subjects, the qualification of the teachers (and although Dumbledore bemoaned the lack of good Defence teachers most others were just as bad, in subject expertise and/or teaching ability), the facilities, the administration, and especially the very selective enforcement of rules to uphold some kind of discipline.

Well, Hermione told McGonagall in her "Marriage Law Revolution". You summarised the problems there very well and none of them was exaggerated.
greenking13 chapter 5 . 12/5/2020
Huh. While I must say I don't like the Neville of your story, I have to admit, I can see how his perception came to be. It's how he was raised, what he was taught, what he observed, all combined became what an outside perspective would view as a blood purist. From the internal view, we can clearly see that Neville differentiates himself from blood purists in the idea that it is legacy and traditions that must be upheld, rather than ones blood status, yet what he clearly ignores is that in thinking that, the ones with the most reason to uphold traditions and legacies would be blood purists themselves.

Plus, your ending of nearly sincere mockery is amazing. Democratic politics in a nutshell.

Keep being awesome, keep writing, and stay safe in these times,
Green
Tias00 chapter 5 . 12/4/2020
Absolutly Fantastic Story.
The Sky At Midnight chapter 5 . 12/4/2020
Woa, this was a really well written story! Neville, in that light was a bit disconcerting to read, but you pulled it off well. Radical ideas indeed. oh well, politics...Great work! that last bit, oh my!
Well done! :)