Reviews for Democracy
Badenwill chapter 5 . 9/26/2018
LOL! That ending was perfect!
Starway Man chapter 5 . 9/26/2018
Nice conclusion to the story, I was expecting another civil war but you avoided that - well done! I liked the character development, especially Neville's, and the plot twists. Looking forward to seeing what kind of story you come up with next!
raw666 chapter 5 . 9/26/2018
I am surprised at a no revelation chapter when Nevile realized he became just like his uncle. The uncle that called him a squib. An uncle who tried to kill him to force him to use magic.
thekingofsweden1 chapter 5 . 9/26/2018
A truly unique story with a fascinating viewpoint. Definitely worth a read.
Thundramon chapter 5 . 9/26/2018
Hermione may be a radical but she is not advocating the destruction of Wizarding Traditions or Purebloods after all she is marrying one and so is Harry.

What she wants is the eradication of the stranglehold that the Old Families have on the Wizarding Government. How can the common man trust the government when their interests arent bring represented in the policies being made the old families and their government.

I think she, Harry, Ron and Ginny are perfectly justified in their revolution especially when legal means have failed as seen in how biased the old families are.

Besides better this than chopping off Neville, Daphne and their children's heads 20 years later in bloody revolution.
Sakura Lisel chapter 5 . 9/26/2018
Wait so what does Harry mean by 'Even OUR seats in the Wizengamot, should WE claim them, are second-class seats. Limited to OUR lifetimes, while YOURS is hereditary.'

Um... out of the Golden Trio, even though hes a Halfblood, as the LAST Potter in the wizarding world, shouldn't Harry ALREADY havd a 'hereditary seat' on the Wizengamot just like Neville does? *lol* unlike Ron and Hermione, Harry should already habe a seat that wasn't 'gifted' to him, but is already his by birthright like Nevilles seat is, and unlike what Harry said, future generations of Harrys family should be continuing to inherit the seat even after Harry and the others are long gone.
DoctorM66 chapter 5 . 9/26/2018
bigd95822
Why do you think this did not happen? Because Harry and Ron are some of the best Aurors (at the moment), most Aurors are loyal to Kingsley, and if they were to be thoroughbred, a rebellion would begin around the country, and the roles would change in a day - condemning people would sit in the dock (who survive), but to judge them will be "criminals". That's why Neville also recommended to retreat and not to heat up the situation.
And in general, all the fanfic is permeated with the idea that it is precisely these kind of rulers of magical Britain that are one of the most important factors for the very appearance of people like Voldemort who will go to the Valsts on the heads of the innocent, handing out bribes. In addition, monopolies were banned not just when, as in the wizarding world, this is still the norm.
sayianhund chapter 5 . 9/26/2018
Wow i think this is the first fic where i actually dislike both sides and might even dislike harry's more
bigd95822 chapter 5 . 9/26/2018
This was/is a very good story. Rarely do you see muggle-borns portrayed as just the other side of the coin to Voldemort. But I would have suggested an alternate ending. One where Hermoine wins, but like Moses, Hermoine, Harry, and all the Weasleys are stripped of their rights to run for office in perpetuity. I might even have added in the members of the DA and Lee as well.
The other option is an AM roundup and arrest for treason and sedition of the golden trio, Shackelbolt, doge, the Weasleys, and lee Jordan. Followed by a drum head trial where the recording of the golden trio advocating treason and open class warfare to Neville is used against them. Prison with a cell next to the Malfoys, or the veil?
Nevertheless, a very good story.
k1fs chapter 1 . 9/26/2018
I really enjoyed your short fanfiction as it was something new and from another perspective. Personally i didn't liked the ending, because in my view, Hermione was just as radical and wrong as the people she claimed she fought her arrogant behavior.

As a side note... I really wonder how people in the comments can say Neville is racist in the story... then again everything is racist in our society nowadays...
A Frozen Shadow chapter 5 . 9/26/2018
That last line, perfect, great work ;)
Guest chapter 5 . 9/26/2018
Yessss, all the love to Harry for standing up for his mother’s legacy! I feel like he didn’t recognize enough in canon that his mother was muggle-born and the struggles she faced specifically due to that accident of birth. And Ron and Ginny; I love how fierce they were in defending what they know to be right even when they themselves are purebloods. Same with Percy!

As for Neville, dear Lord, how long is he going to harp on about how he “fought Voldemort” too? I mean, he fought in ONE battle! That’s it! Yeah, he also went with Harry to the Department of Mysteries, but if you looonback in canon, he was put out of commission almost immediately and was of absolutely no use there. And that year when Snape was Headmaster, well, he was the pureblood scion of a Sacred Twenty-Eight House. He KNEW he was in no real danger. The half-bloods who were still at school had no such assurances. The “mudbloods” being hunted down like animals definitely had no expectation of safety.

And so he killed the snake; so what?! He acts in all these chapters like he knew that Nagini was one of the soul anchors keeping Voldemort alive and tethered to the earth, but he had no clue! He didn’t know that he was destroying a piece of Voldemort. He didn’t know Voldemort HAD horcruxes. Harry told him to kill the snake, so he killed the snake. That’s it. He followed orders. Just like he follows the orders of his Gran and Mr. Greengrass. He’s a sheep. I highly suspect that he wouldn’t be able to pull the sword out of the Sorting Hat anymore!

But I adore the ending with Hermione turning it around on him! I almost wish this story wasn’t over, but that really was the prefect place to end it. Thanks for writing such a thoughtful story! I think if Rowling hadn’t had to sanitize/shorten the books due to children reading them, it might have ended something like this.
zarg0n chapter 5 . 9/26/2018
HAH! Loved the slap down at the end!

As per your other stories your writing is top notch, this story has been engaging from start to finish.
I normally don't read stories with plot like this but you managed to pique my interest and I couldn't help but look forward to the next chapter.

Looking forward to reading any new stories you come up with!

Cheers!
Hinny FTW chapter 5 . 9/26/2018
Loved the ending. Truly did. Thank you. The meeting at Grimmauld felt authentic, their reaction to Neville was great. Even better to see Hermione wasn't the ringleader, just the voice. Of course the Weasleys believe in equality.

Would have hoped to see the epilogue, where Neville stands on his birthday, all alome, surrounded by his 'peers' from the Wizengamut, realizing the next day all his former friends would be celebrating together Harry's birthday. Having fun, while he was discussing politics. Sad to see it end, but the ride was more than worth it!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/26/2018
Neville’s Gran sounds like a real racist...it makes me wonder...she must have married into the Longbottom family, so what’s her maiden name? Somehow, I have a feeling it’s one of the blood purist Sacred Twenty-Eight ones...and yeah, I totally agree with Mr. MacMillan about looking to past history to avoid the same pitfalls. Even if he’s doing it for selfish reasons, I’m glad he’s at least not on the side of racists.
243 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »