Reviews for Democracy
Droosh chapter 4 . 9/25/2018
This story is sooooo great! Thanks!
Sweetpea chapter 4 . 9/25/2018
I hope a Muggleborn healer comes up with a cure for Neville's parents, and when they wake up they say how they are disgusted with what he has done since taking over the Wizengamot seat and he has to hand over his seat back to his dad.
Madengineer chapter 4 . 9/25/2018
Explosive story...loving it
Napoleon Bonerfart chapter 4 . 9/25/2018
Time for Neville to get introduced to a little bit of “No Pasaran”
Hinny FTW chapter 2 . 9/25/2018
I'd like to add, that almost everything is believable in your story, except nobody flinches when they hear Voldemort. That's the common reaction, so that should be one of Hermione's offences as well. 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named', or 'Dark Lord' for sympathisers.

Again, very interesting read!
Hinny FTW chapter 4 . 9/25/2018
Neville's line of thinking is actually disgusting. You as an author should be really proud, portraying how the 'wrong' side thinks and how they want to stop progress. You're really good! I loved how Neville couldn't understand Hannah didn't want anything to do with him anymore, or that he's dismissing Luna, which is arguably one of the smartest witches around.

Blaming Dumbledore for giving championing Muggleborn rights was great, always looking for someone else to blame.

The analogy with the French nobles was nice, didn't think about that. I'm curious why Harry hasn't made himself heard on Potterwatch (or maybe he already did, but we missed it), or If he thinks he doesn't need to, since Hermione's on a role. Soon, she'll have enough support to overthrow the government, which is more than awesome.

But, I really hate how Neville's degraded back to his first years. Weakminded, not thinking outside his world and dismissing everything he doesn't know. It won't be long before all he's got left is Daphne (who, he hasn't even asked where she was during the battle he so eagerly flaunts). I am wondering why Ginny hasn't owled him snake intestines or something foul. She should know what's going on, and have an opinion about it.

Veey intriguing story. Can't wait for the next chapters and when shits going to hit the fan!
Nortia2 chapter 4 . 9/25/2018
I hope you realize you are totally spoiling us with this update schedule and that when you stop we will suffer from withdrawal. Hope you will be happy then when that happens
Hinny FTW chapter 1 . 9/25/2018
I really want to punch Neville's lights out. I don't know how he doesn't realize he's doing the same as the Carrows; trying to brainwash new members.

I really hope Hermione gains a foothold, but I'm not holding my breath. I do like how she viewed Dumbledore, he really did what he could, but with an unwilling country, that isn't much.

I do hope Luna or Ginny might talk some sense into Neville, instead of just following his 'Gran'. Astoria seemed to be ewuslly annoyed, but that might be because she was bored to tears.
guest chapter 1 . 9/25/2018
I guess it is possible for Neville to have such thinking, although I can't see him opposing Hermione like this. Nonetheless I like the story.
edenson65 chapter 4 . 9/25/2018
Excellent chapter.
Xiaou Nem chapter 4 . 9/25/2018
It is fascinating to follow.
Your use of the word “conserve” is very telling. Neville is a conservative.
It is amazing to follow the politicking, the proposals and counter-proposals. Neville proposing concessions reminds me of Bismarck’s Germany.
It’s also amazing how he still has such faith in the old families, that they will do the right thing, pay money to the Ministry with lowered taxes.
It isn’t unbelievable at all, but I just have such sympathy for him. It’s beautiful to follow this story from his perspective.
It is also very telling that he said “this is politics, not war” in his own mind. It’s amazing how people in power don’t realize how disenfranchised and powerless people feel.
That politics matter enough to die for.
He is so insightful yet fails to realize that he is on the wrong side. I’m starting to doubt he’ll see it any time soon.
When the story began I thought he would become a supporter of Hermione’s, making sure she would take he right steps, smooth ruffled feathers. Now he put himself up as the figurehead of a vocal opposition.
I don’t think he understands yet how people view that. We have seen glimpses of other people’s disapproval. It’s more of an uneasy feeling than a clear argument, though. I’d love to see him talk it out with Susan or Hannah. Once you’ve convinced yourself you’re right, it’s very very hard to change opinion.
I hope it won’t turn into an all out war anytime soon, I’m enjoying the slow burn too much. What i admire so much about your stories is the focus on the hard stuff - building and re-building a society and the nitty gritty details of it. Anyone can overthrow a government, but who can give us stability, peace, reconciliation?
Neville is still in quite an easy position - but if it would come to a war, would he still be on the wrong side? He can’t in good conscience lift his wand against Harry and Ron, can he?
Of course, anyone is capable of atrocities if we feel motivated and convinced of the just cause backing us up. I do have a lot of confidence in Neville.
Thank you for churning out these chapters at such an amazing rate! Thank you!
Xiaou Nem chapter 3 . 9/25/2018
Poor Neville. I think he needs to talk more to Susan and Hanna.
IveGotNoIdea chapter 4 . 9/25/2018
Voldemort was also doing what's best for the country. Funny thing, what's best for the country is not always best for its citizens.
Kill the purees chapter 4 . 9/25/2018
Kill all purebloods, and some other bigot will take their place *cough* Halfblood *cough*
morring star chapter 4 . 9/25/2018
I can wait to see were you take this story, but the one thing both sides are missing is that the UK government has two house the house of parliament and the house of lords and the in the potter time line would only just be looking at removing cutting back hereditary peers.
270 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »