Reviews for Democracy
DuxBellorum chapter 5 . 10/16/2020
I remember reading this on another website, I think it's very good. Whilst remaining understandable and even objectively still a good person, you manage to make the point of view character, Neville, an antagonist. This shows excellent skill in writing.
liz.onia chapter 5 . 10/14/2020
Great update!
WirelessW chapter 1 . 10/14/2020
"If you don't like it why don't you leave the country"

You know, it was a bold choice to name your OC Neville Longbottom when there's already a canon character with that name, but clearly your character is nothing like the real one so I suppose there at least won't be any confusion.
Antares Graceford chapter 5 . 10/12/2020
I think this is the best story I've ever read on this site. It's well written, well thought out. I dislike Neville, yes, but I also dislike Hermione in general.
The beauty of this story is the characters don't matter. The story on its own is capable of carrying itself. It's beautiful and brilliantly portrayed. The complexities and intricacies have been captured beautifully.
My only regret is not finding it earlier but I am thankful for finding it now because I'm mature enough to appreciate it all the more.
Wow.
ijpowers92 chapter 5 . 9/18/2020
Honestly, I was worried coming into this story. I've see to many similar tales devolve into radicalization and violence. With a heaping helping of Flanderization and more extreme character reinterpretation.

But, you stuck the landing. And keeping the focus on a sympathetic, but traditionally antagonistic viewpoint, you created a story that was unique in style as well as plot execution.

Great job.
Alpenwolf chapter 5 . 7/1/2020
You can't win Neville, you simply can't win anymore.
tigerFox9 chapter 5 . 6/13/2020
its kind of weird seeing neville be like this, but you did the slow descent really well. "kudos", as they say
Magic Blue chapter 5 . 6/7/2020
An another great story ! Bring democracy in the British wizarding society, an original strand. I really like that you choose the point of view of Neville for this story, even if I've hated a bit Neville when he made Luna cried. The step by step process was more than satisfactory to follow this revolution.
Man, Hermione was good, she anticipated every one of the actions and reactions of the Greengrass Circle. Speaking of, did she had a spy in the pureblood side or was she three moves head of them all the time ?
Love the end and the final line xD
Penreef chapter 5 . 5/28/2020
Very well written!
Guest chapter 4 . 4/25/2020
I think someone should go back to the last chapter and give Luna a huge hug.
Guest chapter 3 . 4/25/2020
And here's Neville not liking the truth, well, the tiny bit that's seeping into his brain.

It's awful seeing Neville's character being attacked in such a way but the way it's being presented makes it seem like it really could be a logical progression for him.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/25/2020
Annnd there's Neville digging his own hole even deeper.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/25/2020
Ah, so Neville is a closet bigot. Lovely.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/13/2020
I actually feel a bit sorry for Neville here, how quickly any chance of being with Hannah is being ruined. Though he find Daphne attractive, it doesn't seem like he likes her all that much. She comes across as pretty vapid.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/11/2020
Hermione violated her oath to support Wizarding laws and traditions as soon as she took it. She may not have deliberately foresworn herself, but since she doesn’t know Wizarding etiquette nor traditions (never having been taught) she can’t uphold those traditions. The few she knows she disagrees with.
266 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »