Reviews for Half a Dream
SilverKnight17 chapter 1 . 10/12
Damn, just damn, this is even more depressing, in a good way. Well done, welll done. Very interesting idea to write. You know in the game I always see Goro and Akechi as rivals like siblings, specially when involving Sae. This fic helps the image better lol. After reading this, I wonder if the developers ever wondered about making Goro as part of the Nijima family. Would it be more interesting? Possibly, but nonetheless this is very awesome and interesting idea. More emotions involved, specially dealing with family. Great story. Definitely an original fanfiction as far as I can tell.
IarIz chapter 1 . 9/25
oh.. an intresting concept
MathAtMidnight chapter 1 . 9/22
Hm. For the prompt of "future," this seems like there is very little about the future, so I'm going to presume you focused on the career aspect of the prompt. Still, I think this work would have been bolstered by having more of the story take place in the future tense-perhaps have a bit of quiet reflection about how only she made it to the end, and not him.

Nevertheless, this seemed to work out pretty well. I'm curious to see how you have Goro become so depraved now that he has a stable family situation, as I found his past was what made him go off the deep end. I think the most powerful part of the story for me was the scene where Makoto was put at the bottom of the totem pole in the eyes of the public-that may have been part of the trigger that perhaps makes her go down the start of darkness...