Reviews for Unfit
killerstreak chapter 11 . 9/2
I know that this fic is not getting the same love that some of the other fics do and I also know that some people do not agree with what you've portrayed the characters as , I however will say this is probably one of the best fics I've read on this site and it made me contemplate about the fic. The interactions of characters was amazingly written and I loved the whole concept. I would love to read an epilogue. Thank you for writing this.
PS. I don't normally write reviews but had to write for this fic.
Marching Madly Onward chapter 11 . 8/27
What a wild, wonderful surprise this story turned out to be

I always wish the source material had tackled the idea of how many secrets were kept from Naruto, and you pulled it off perfectly. Then you added the interesting wrinkles of his mother still being alive and the very real problem of postpartum depression. It makes a story about magic ninjas feel very grounded and sets the stage for a beautiful tragedy.

You did an amazing job of juggling everyone's grudges. No one character came across as unreasonable. Of course Kushina would be blindingly mad at Jiraiya for showing up so late. Of course Kakashi would insist that Naruto was better off without her and the other are idiots for forgetting just what she did after he saw it so vividly. And so on. Tsunade comes across as the most sensible of the bunch for pointing out that there will never be a "good time" to have a talk about all of the things they haven't been telling him.

Everyone makes sense for who they are and how close they were to tragedy. Of course Jiraiya is drowning in regret. Of course Kushina feels unfit. Of course Hiruzen and Kakashi give her a hard time. The best/worst thing about it all is that there's no real bad guy here. Sure, Akatsuki shows up to do bad guy things, but even they are a vehicle for exploring Kushina and Naruto's broken mother-son relationship and pushing the characters and the story to a point where they have to start spilling secrets. Everything has a purpose here. Every piece on the board is moving toward that ending. There is very little wasted effort here.

And even the fluff like restaurants staying open longer to accommodate more patrons coming into town for the Exams makes perfect sense. It fleshes out this world and makes it feel that much more lived-in.

Postpartum depression, family separation, violence against children. These are all ugly ideas, and a lesser author would have made the whole thing feel lurid and tasteless. But thankfully you were our author for this story.

Unfit works. It works so well. It's a gem. You're quite the writer. Congratulations on a job very well done.
This is heart-breaking tbh..

I really really want NAruto and Kushina's relationship to have a decisive end
JustDusty chapter 11 . 8/6
summary:
Hey i'm the happy-go-lucky that's retarded but incredibly perceptive at the most convenient times. Several times i've found many secrets about in this rotten place being kept from me for the good of the village, but you know what, it's okay because it was for the good of the village.
rando chapter 11 . 5/26
S tier story

really great portrayal of regret IMO, dont know of any naruto fics that match it
I don't think I've minded the fast pace of the first three chapters. It would make sense that Khushina would have watched her life fly by in a blur. The team pairings are STILL not sitting well with me... i mean I don' tknow how Shino Sakura and Naruto would even work as a team... Like why Kiba, Sasuke or Hinata would work as one. Or why it would just make sense for Mikoto and a few Uchiha to survive. The plan was to kill everyone, simple. Sasuke survived only because Itachi loved him too deeply. So the Uchiha surviors dont click. Although there HAD to be someone that would have had been her support. Though, I expected it to be different. Like Mikoto dying and Sasuke finding a mother in Khushina and having a different life.
Before reading this I saw a comment that said that they didn't think Kakashi fit his character but I think if one of Naruto's parent had lived, arguably the ONLY person that was semi family to Kakashi and he had witnessed her lose her mind and almost kill Naruto had he not been there? He would have turned out exactly the way you have written him. There is no way he would have forgiven what he saw, this was his sensei's boy. I doubt that the Kakashi in the manga knew Naruto survived, I think he knew Naruto was a jinchuriki but not that he was Minato's son. It's only when he started growing did he realize what he had missed in plain sight... his sensei's last remaining tether. By that point it owuld have done more harm than good to let Naruto know who he was, or how he knew his parents... that is what i believe anyway because Kakashi knowing about Naruto and not helping to raise him and keep him safe is unthinkable.
For now I suppose I will say that it is believable that she could have reacted this way out of the sheer trauma Minato's death must have cost her and how heavy the night had been otherwise. I didn't think after that the Hookae would have left her near Naruto either
Curious-Brunette13 chapter 11 . 4/2
Kudos!
I liked the unique take on the “what if one of Naruto’s parents survived” kind of story.
Uchiha survivors.
And a new look at Kakashi and how his transplanted eye effects him.
Also how the younger generation was closer and less clueless.
And Shino.
Cranky Monkey 699 chapter 11 . 3/8
Ok so it’s not a bad story. The ending though felt like you were trying to be vague or mysterious or that you were leading onto a sequel. I am guessing you implied that Naruto was giving Kushina a second chance but you may want to work on your subtlety a bit more if you want to pull this kind of ending again
troutman30 chapter 1 . 3/6
This is a tough read, skip first 3 chapters after the forward, that is basically a note for me, but it is a story worth reading.
crazydude13 chapter 11 . 3/4
This story has me fuuucked up lol I’m taking the sun rising at the end as symbolism for a happy or at least a hopeful one, but I can’t find myself to like it. I know it fits Naruto’s character to go back to the village, which I can jive with, but I’m 100% in the Kakashi camp. Kushina had opportunities to reconcile with Naruto, and even up till the end she’s getting ready to run away. Her cowardice leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I like how Naruto subverts her own actions by facing the situation head on. Great story!
scrandle chapter 11 . 1/24
wow this is so weird. all of he character choices are so weird. You have some great dialogue, and it's a very dramatic story, so that's awesome.

The pacing was all over the place, and many scenes felt completely superfluous to the plot. The planning against Akatsuki, Ten ten being the bff, all of Sakura's scenes, particularly the last one because it had no pay off. This story feels like a bunch of ideas that sounded good but went no where, because you never fleshed any of them out. BTW that's fine, but in he end it feels like it could have been a 2 shot, or just edited down a bit and the point would still be made.

well anyways yeah, the premise was incredibly strange and it comes across strongly that you aren't a parent. No offense if you are...but damn wtf? Still interesting enough that I read every word, but ultimately disappointing and confusing, but not bad. idk.
qalleesyawesome chapter 11 . 12/24/2019
Yeah i hate the open ended! Ahhhhh of course its a happy ending but fuck i wanted more than that. But i guess your judgement as a writer was on point as i can the beauty in ending it there but stillll!
Guest chapter 5 . 11/13/2019