Reviews for Surrender
Sylarfan chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Brave, brave Evie.
SapphireShelle91 chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I like this. I think was exactly how she was thinking and feeling during this moment.
Great Fic!
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Another great fic. I think you've got Evie's sort of reluctant, pragmatic courage spot on. It's kind of like:

"Well, someone's got to do something so I suppose it's up to me."

I like the sad musing about her big brother, how someone needs to look after him, and the realisation that while Rick might be a little rough about the edges, he's a good, decent man, and she's already wasted too much time.
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
A great story. Very good.
Lily chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
M...this is so good...!
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
Awesome! You are an amazing writer, and you really seemed to see the scene from Evie's eyes. A lovely piece.
Captain Matey chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
OMG - This story was so freaking awesome! :o

It's so awesome that it gave me goosebumps(or whatever you call them xD) during the begining to the end (Well, somewhere near the begging. :o
Callisto Callispi chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
I enjoyed this. It's well-written with grace, elegance, and pace. :) Thank you for the good read.

-C. Callispi
Lydia chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
Eve,
I love all your stories and I do wish you'd continue to write more Mummy fics. You have a gift.
Any chance you'd write something new in the future?
Lady Liz chapter 1 . 3/11/2004
Hey E-M,
I hadn't had the opertunity to read this one yet and thought I'd give it a try...yet another lovely piece by you. I always commend you're use of launguage and Imagry and those tools are yet again evident. Another winner, good job.
nefret24 chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
How did I miss this? How? Oh well, a late review is better than none, I always say. ;)

Poor, brave Evelyn. Did Evie and Jonathan have a "nice Christian upbringing" do you think? I guess what with Jon quoting scripture at every plague one just assumes that they did, like good little British children... But is it generally known whether they really took it to heart? ( though an argument can be made that all people in near-death situations are pious believers) Hmm... food for thought...

Evie is very... Amelia-ish in this passage, I think. (Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm the only one with Emerson in the background grumbling about this nonsense religion rubbish. ) I like that she remains stubborn at the end- a very nice touch.

As always, a pleasure to read.
A. Windsor chapter 1 . 9/4/2003
AW i love love love love it!
Nakhti chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
Arrogance spoils the proud beauty of his face.

wow, what a great line. if i was more like Jonathan, completely lacking in scruples, i'd definitely steal it.

I don't believe you mean for me to die, just as I've begun to live.

yet again, a humdinger of a line...evy's faith is something i have never really thought about. But as i said in another review somewhere, the whole evil-curses-ancient-gods-resurrection thing might make you wonder if you'd backed the wrong horse, mightnt it?

this insight piece was right on the money, something that you instinctively realise shes thinking, and then put into the most fabulous words.

why dont you write the next screenplay and send it to good ole Stephen sommers? bet he'd be on the phone to respective agents of Mssrs Fraser and Hannah and Ms Weisz right away!
Angel1411 chapter 1 . 6/26/2003