Reviews for Fighting Chances
Hithilion chapter 8 . 5/26/2019
Hello,

It has been some long time... I finally managed to read the beautiful story. And I can't say much as it top notch. Wasn't what I expected but you still delivered a wonderfull piece.

I think it was a good decision to first write everything out and then publish it.

Like always I would have loved to read more but I like the pacing and structure of the story. It feels complete.

The alternative ending would still be very cool and I hope you think about it.

One of my favorite parts was the whole description of Las Vegas, Frank and Jim. Sad to hear about him.

Also the part with the numbers... One, two and three... beautiful passage, did you come up with it or did you take it from somewhere?

I think there is a mistake in Chapter 5 you might want to fix. In this timeline it is mentioned once that Rachel died but later she is still alive.

"Victoria didn't survive, the victim of an overdose, same as Rachel. Max somehow managed to shake off the effects of the ketamine - probably because Nathan was too freaked out to give her a properly effective dose after having now killed two other girls"
"I'm wasting time. I need to find out what the hell happened to Rachel" - and the talk to Rachels Mom and later she shows up - Same timeline.

Otherwise I hope you are having a good year after the turbulences of 2018.

Wish you a nice summer and the best going forward. Hope to read more somewhere down the line and hear from you again.

Regards,

Hithilion.
Regrettable Pun chapter 8 . 1/3/2019
Hey, this is a rrally awesome little story you have here. I honestly had no idea what to expect when i clicked on it, I was just hoping it wasnt another good idea written by some poor schmuck that cant write. Lo and behold this might be one of my all time favorite stories on this site, and i dont normally even like short stories. Thanks so much for writing this and posting it for anyone to see. It really brightened up an otherwise depression filled day.
Tikyo555 chapter 8 . 1/2/2019
I enjoy the way your books flow its amazing your works are some of my favorites I thank you for writeing them I like the way this ending went ill still be read the alt bit your original endings always stick with me there great they leave me feeling satisfied so thank you
Alpenwolf chapter 8 . 11/26/2018
Dont wanna be a party pooper, but I saw a few mistakes ... in the graveyard for example "I want to believe there's a billion worlds out there, where you can I get it together." ... seems like there are either a few words to much or missing something.

To be honest, I hadn't really expected her to be the Benefactor. Thought it was someone else. But it makes sense. In a Life is Strange kinda sense. ... and i'm sorry for your friend. Life is strange, life is odd, life is so not fair and life is ... all the other things they say in the dreamscape and much more.

But once again. A wonderful story. Written from a wonderful person. And knowing Bard somewhat through discord (and his stories), I'm definitely looking forward to that alternative ending.
Alpenwolf chapter 6 . 11/25/2018
Welp. It was clear that this second chance wouldn't work out, but I also didn't see that coming ... just shows how much Chloe can fuck herself up, if given the chance ... and in this case it wasnt even really her fault. ... but still damn, poor chloe
Alpenwolf chapter 5 . 11/25/2018
Chloe may sometimes have given up in live, but ... knowing that she can turn it all around, make it maybe better with just a wish? She wouldn't be Chloe if she didn't at least try ... Even though Frank might be right, that this may have been the best she could get of her three tries. Chloe would still try, nothing stops Chloe Price once she has a goal, once she cares about something! And she cares, sometimes she cares to much, but she does! She cares for her friends, and she doesnt want to see them this way!
Alpenwolf chapter 3 . 11/25/2018
"Just because you are dreaming doesnt mean this shit aint real." - reminds me of Harry Potter, Book 7, at the end of it, with Harry and Dumbledore in King's Cross. In other words of course, since Dumbledore would never be that ... crass.

And good to know you are well, or getting better at least. Health is very important after all.
TheFoolishDreamer chapter 6 . 11/22/2018
So chloe found out the max that can time travel or the max we all come to know?
TheFoolishDreamer chapter 4 . 11/22/2018
Finally back to reading your story after losing my phone for 3 weeks! What a surprise for Chloe to marry Steph :0
Creamoe chapter 8 . 11/19/2018
I am in tears, this was so beautiful. It was excellently crafted too. Most stories with continuous time jumps are jumbled and hard to follow, but yours flowed effortlessly. Throughout the story I was wondering how Chloe would get her happy ending with Max and, although it was completely different from what I expected, it was amazing nonetheless. You somehow managed to make an ending that’s melancholic and bittersweet, yet heartwarming and happy and the same time. You are an amazing writer and storyteller and kudos to your beta readers. Thank you so much for taking me on this ride.
Truffalot chapter 6 . 11/19/2018
Wait so... if she goes back and does that, won't it be wheelchair Chloe? Then Max gets her powers, goes back through to the photo, lets William die and it's back to the game timeline? DON'T YOU DARE MAKE IT ALL MEANINGLESS XD
Truffalot chapter 6 . 11/19/2018
That's so fkin Rachel. Of course she came to Max when she coincidently needed a good photographer and never any earlier, then seducing her with lies and dreams. How much do you wanna bet she leaves Max when she no longer needs her and yet still convinces Max that it was her fault she left. Good job writing her character so well hdduvxfjbfdyjb
Truffalot chapter 5 . 11/19/2018
YOU PLAYED GALAGA ON A DATE? Marry her. Now.
Truffalot chapter 5 . 11/19/2018
Damn. You took what could have been done with Max and turned it from a quick plot point making way for more in the future, into something amazing on its own. Are you trying to make me into a masochist? Because I'm loving this even though I'm in pain reading it.
(haven't finished chapter yet but I doubt I'll eat my words)
Truffalot chapter 4 . 11/19/2018
Just a small review this time giving my instant reaction before I do a me and overanalyze everything a ridiculously stupid amount. First off, since I didn't read the end of the chapter that dips into Before The Storm I never saw that you were injured. I really hope your recovery goes very well and that everything turns out okay, both physically and mentally. I don't pray so you'd never catch me alive saying that "you'll be in my prayers" and the weird "I'll be thinking of you" line is (hella) creepy so I'll stick with... uh... I wish upon a shooting star that you'll get better?
Thanks as well for the shout out, it always feels that little bit extra special if somebody says how they're thankful to you and then types it for the world to see.

I thought the part with the numbers being sort of "deities" was both funny and a very interesting concept. If you or somebody you brainstormed with came up with that, serous props to you/them. If it's from a book or anything though I'd really love to know the name so I can read it, you've got me all curious. I think I said before how excited I was to see where your 3 chances concept takes us readers, and it is scratching my curiosity itch to finally see some of those questions answered (after playing through Before The Storm and then impulsively LiS for a second time). Such as "will she go back to those points and live from there, will it be like the photos where she changes something then goes forward into the future" etc. It'll be fun reading on from here to see what complicates things more so she uses the other bullets, I'd be interested if it's because Max dies to save her life again/in some way which makes it really difficult to take back her current happiness with Steph but Chloe knows that she "has to".

On the concept of being happily married to Steph but then if she marries Max in another bullet timeline, I find myself a lot like Max with her whole "But I'm not as cool as Rachel" or "you wouldn't like me as much if not for my powers". It's logical that there are multiple people in the world you could happily be married to, even if one is better than the other. In that case, "Why me?" is the question people like Max and I ask ourselves. "What do I provide that he/she doesn't?" It seemed to me that in LiS when Max would say that sorta stuff and Chloe would counter/comfort her, Max was thinking to herself "yeah but Rachel was also cool and kind" etc. Just made me start thinking of what Max brings to the table that Rachel or Steph doesn't. I don't want to keep this too long so I won't go into my conclusions, but I'm really curious as to how you/this fic handles the issue of how a relationship with Max would turn out different down the road from a relationship with Steph. If the fic goes that way of course.
Excited to read more,
Dude that rants too much