Reviews for Harping on History
This Wreckage chapter 11 . 9/27
Now that I've finished it, I just have to say: This is one of the best pieces of fanfic I've read in years. It's rare to find something of such exceedingly high caliber, especially starring my beloved favorite character!

Things that I'm specifically impressed by: You managed to build tension throughout the entire story, both in the main plot and the romantic subplot, and in both instances, when they reached their climaxes, they REALLY delivered! I was blown away by the confrontation between Kaiba and Pegasus and I LOVED how ruthlessly COLD Kaiba was. What an asshole. (And I say that endearingly - he's always been my second favorite character, but there's no denying that he can be an asshole!)

There are no wasted lines in this entire piece. Every time a character speaks, they add something to the conversation - even the supporting characters, and Joey in particular had some great one-liners.

Pegasus and Mai is a very uncommon pairing, and I think you handled it spectacularly, regardless of whether they have a future or not. I love it when rarepairs are explored, especially those that involve Pegasus since he's such a fascinating and tragically underused character in fanfic, imo.

I wish I were better at providing feedback, but in short, THANK YOU SO MUCH for providing this hidden gem; twelve years later it still stands strong and it was more than worth the effort it took to track down. I can't wait to read the next installment and though I haven't checked yet, I can only hope you finished it!

If you ever see my comments and decide to come back and write for this fandom, know that you will have at least one very impressed fan waiting!

Finally, I present you with this well-deserved Pegasus emoji: /_\\\
This Wreckage chapter 8 . 9/27

I'm trying not to post a review on every chapter so as not to be annoying, but I just can't help it! I DID NOT EVEN EXPECT THAT TO HAPPEN. I think I actually got the chills!
This Wreckage chapter 6 . 9/27
It gets better and better with every chapter. The dialogue is absolutely perfect. It feels very real to read - they're just so believably human while also being in-character. They have so much social chemistry while at the same time being at odds with each other... damn, I knew I was gonna end up shipping them. :D

Your Pegasus is ridiculously adorable, by the way. I love Pegasus to begin with but you take it to a different level. Mai is an absolute pleasure to read, as well (and I don't think she's annoying at all, although I can see why Pegasus does!)

I just want to grab him and shake him: "Forget about the Eye and move on with your life, you're better than this!"

Also, an interesting connection I noticed (although this may not have been your intention) is that in the first story, when Yugi's friends are asking invasive questions about his medication (which he doesn't even like taking) he jokes that it's heroin just to mess with them. Ironically enough, that's kind of how he's acting about this - he's like a drug addict going through withdrawals and doing whatever he has to to get his "fix" even knowing it's bad for him - but rather than a substance it's the Eye's power he's addicted to. I find this absolutely fascinating and I've always wondered what his thought process would be in the aftermath of losing the item - would he want it back or realize he was better off without it? Or some weird combination of both?

You are just amazing, ok? I'm faving you this instant!~
This Wreckage chapter 5 . 9/27
This story is for real making my day. It's so wonderful. I can't believe I've been in the fandom for all these years and am just now finding this!~

Everyone's in character and the humor is ON POINT. I loved the verbal sparring match between Mai and Pegasus!
This Wreckage chapter 2 . 9/27
I'm loving this more and more! ...I certainly didn't see it coming when she punched him in the face, but then again, neither did he. XD

"I imagine it would be quite humiliating if anyone knew what you were up to there for a moment. You must be a very lonely woman." SCATHING. BRILLIANT. (Am I going to end up shipping them by the end of this? I can't help but wonder, heheh.)
This Wreckage chapter 1 . 9/27
I know this story has been posted for many years and you might not see this, but I really enjoy the way you write Pegasus (lifelong obsessive fangirl here!) You really managed to capture all the different aspects of his personality and how quickly he can go from displaying one to another (I say this having just finished "New Decisions.") I'm glad I managed to find your stories even though they weren't tagged with his name and I look forward to reading more.

"Do you say that to everyone you meet in an elevator?" That line is so him it's just perfect.
5animefan chapter 5 . 1/22/2006
Really good story.

Would like to see this finished someday.
MadamGrandAdmiral chapter 10 . 11/14/2004
Ignore that blan review, i screwed it up, sorry ' anyway, your story ROCKS! I love the partnering so much i wrote my own p/mai...

update the sequel soon!
Heterochromatin chapter 3 . 11/12/2004
I was just reading this when I realized how funny this sentence sounded.

"He clutched the orb tightly, his hand barely large enough to cover the entirety of the golden surface."

Apparently, the eye is approximately the size of an orange..

Oww... no wonder Pegasas's empty socket hurt so much...

Tess LaCalme chapter 11 . 10/23/2004
Wow! I love this story. I'd love to see more! Finally! A Pegasus/Mai fan! ::does dance of joy:: I'm not the only one who thinks they'd make a good couple!
MadamGrandAdmiral chapter 11 . 4/13/2004
...what a place to end!
thank god you've written a sequel! Or at least started it...
what a storyline! Will Mai get with Pegs? Will he get over Cynthia?
WAH, i wanna know now!
...could you please write more?
slypher chapter 11 . 9/24/2003
what! you cant end it now it was good. write the next one before all us fans go loopy.I like what you have done with the eye but dose this mean it has a yami like the puzzle and the ring and the rod? you must let us know!
lily22 chapter 11 . 8/11/2003
...Excuse me? Did you just write "End"? No. No way! How could it end here? ARRGGHH!*flopsandtwitches* You can't be serious. Isn't there more?
lily22 chapter 10 . 8/11/2003
And how exactly you're supposed to conclude this within one chapter is beyond me. Unless this story isn't complete yet? *terrified look*
lily22 chapter 6 . 8/11/2003
Cute. _. And quite amusing.