Reviews for Chuck vs A New Day
scorpio38457 chapter 261 . 3/13
That was a great plan. I love a good shoot out but a nice slick plan like that to take everyone is awesome too.
Mpeter chapter 262 . 3/12
Teddy is most definitely certified nuts but the scary part about that you have no idea what he's going to do. Stephen is one cool dude. Doing just enough to stay alive and telling Teddy what he thinks. Great chapter my friend. Thank you.
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 262 . 3/12
Oh, I forgot to mention that I loved all the idiotic motivational posters on the walls that Bragg kept seeing in the last chapter.

That was a nice touch with not having the database available for uploading. I have no idea if the handwaving you're doing regarding the code is similar to the handwaving you're doing for any of the other procedural aspects of Team B's work, but whenever you talk about Orion and the code, there's so little detail that it's unbelievable. Two days is nowhere near enough time to do what you're claiming that he's doing. Actually, I'm not sure exactly what you're claiming that he's doing, but it's forwarding the plot. I'm still enjoying story!
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 261 . 3/12
This chapter was great! I love how you told most of it from Bragg's POV, and even got him to the point of being proud of himself just before you thanked him. Great job with giving Sarah the bulk of the credit. And the movie studio is very useful—you planted that seed ages ago, and now it's bearing fruit. Love it!

And that author's note was great: I did not know that there was no real viable knockout gas in reality.
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 260 . 3/12
Wow, you made the moment-by-moment process of skydiving the highlight of this chapter! Great research, great descriptions! As always, I love your description of process.

I just wish you didn't keep referring to them as "lady spies", instead of just "spies". I suspect that if it had been two men on the roof, you wouldn't have been describing them as "gentleman spies" the whole time.
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 259 . 3/12
This feels more realistic in pacing than most spy-thriller kinds of fiction. And the main characters aren't doing all the work—they're supported by an army of people who are all doing their own jobs as well as they can.

I liked seeing how Casey drew Wilson out of the building. One inexorable, possibly not sexy but effective step at a time Team B is tightening the noose on Roark. It's not going to end well for him, but he's not dead yet, so I'm in suspense: how is it going to get worse before it gets better?

Oh, and I liked the moment when we see that not all of Chuck's ideas are good ones, and because he's a good leader, he values his team members shooting his bad ideas down.
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 258 . 3/11
Yep, keepin' on keepin' on. Your patience in writing this is extraordinary. I'm looking forward to what the Orion reveal is.
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 257 . 3/11
I really love how you focus the story on the process and on professionals doing their jobs, and not on shallow or predictable interpersonal drama. This is a breath of fresh air in the world of fanfiction!
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 256 . 3/11
I like that all is not smooth sailing. And I like that Sarah and Chuck prioritized sleep, despite the ribbing. But I am looking forward to everyone being able to rest!

Nice job making Roark both consistent with canon and also thoroughly batshit.
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 255 . 3/11
I like the workaday focus on the logistics of using every resource to achieve their goals, and the acknowledgement that combing through all of this data will take a lot of people a lot of time and effort. I appreciate that you've given Chuck more authority, but it's not coming without a cost. Chuck and Sarah and the rest of Team B are charting an unusual course. There are sure to be people who don't like, even if they're not formally enemies.
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 254 . 3/11
Great level of precision, detail, and breadth of planning. I can't imagine how much research you had to do to begin to create a believable scenario of the U.S. Government marshaling all of its resources against Fulcrum.

And thank you for doing something with the roster of Fulcrum agents! It's so refreshing to have a rational Chuck story.
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 253 . 3/11
Wow, this was a ride that never slowed down!
Rae Smith Cobleigh chapter 252 . 3/11
You write good action scenes. And I really liked how you told the lobby scene from Rachel's POV, including her screams, the threat of incontinence, the dueling voices in her head, how she was able to focus and coordinate others, and the way Billy's expression would have terrified her if it were aimed in direction.
AwesomeCasey chapter 262 . 3/10
Roark is a nutcase, but Vincent does appear to be loyally following all orders. Vincent is probably figuring out his escape plan at this point. I know that if i was one of Roark’s scientists, I would never volunteer any information and I would definitely fight becoming the group spokesman!

Looking forward to seeing what Stephen is up to with the Intersect coding. And what can Roark’s people realistically accomplish in data populating his Intersect in just a couple of days? I get the feeling that Fulcrum is on the ropes and Chuck Balboa is readying the knockout punch.
JohnnyRayChandlett chapter 262 . 3/10
What a grand chapter! The situation is dire. Orion gambles for his life, and for the goal he found that makes it imperative to survive. It adds to the tension that a cruel author doesn't tell us any details about, but then, Willie follows the rule of “always leave’em wanting more.”

Orion appears so much like the guy we would like him to be it's almost like Mr. Garvin can read our thoughts and serves what we expect.

Roark is as psychopathic as get, and still not an out-of-this-world Bond-type villain. He's perfect. And I can see Chevy Chase doing it.

The big surprise is Smith. What a character! I will see him killed/jailed with sorrow. His moments in New Day are nothing short of breathtaking. Yeah, I just said that. Well-balanced in regards to the story in general, Smith has developed into a “delightful” figure.

It's a chapter full of worry and fear yet the narrative is bordering on funny. There are quite a few moments which are (could be) funny, comical. “Yes, Sir. I intend to live forever.” Reminds me of Groucho Marx (“I intend to live forever or die trying to do so.”)

There are so many “read-worthy” moments in this chapter, I can't get started or I'd fall into a boring copy- and-paste routine. Sometimes, the plot and its action eclipses the words, sometimes the written word rules the plot unveiled. It is the latter here.

It's, in a nutshell, one of those terrific chapters when I worry that sooner or later, we might lose Willie first to a large publishing house and second to Hollywood.
7,238 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »