Reviews for Imperator: Vas Bellicosum
WhereBeginningsEnd chapter 26 . 6/21/2020
It's been a joy to read this story and I'm happy to hear it is being continued. This is absolutely one of my favorite stories about Percy Jackson on this site. The way you've characterized him is both so true to Percy as he is in canon and yet also new and refreshing. The camaraderie between Jason and Percy as they are cousins and friends is so good. I also love your characterization of Roman organization and battle strategies. I love all of it.
MiloJediWizardDemigodMagician chapter 26 . 6/12/2020
Thank you for this wonderful story, one of the best Percy Jackson fanfics in my opinion.
please chapter 23 . 6/8/2020
leila is sad :( i feel sad for her :( if this isnt posted on ao3 i will find you and kill you. :)
spectre4hire chapter 25 . 6/1/2020
This has been a fun and entertaining read.

I've enjoyed the twists and changes you've made and your handling of the ripples that would come of it.

This was an engaging Percy to read about, his thoughts, and actions as well as his relationships especially with Jason and Reyna. Those have been some of the many highlights this story offered. I look forward to seeing the progress of the latter in the sequel.

How Percy will react/handle Jason's disappearance should be interesting as well as which demigod will be coming to New Rome in his place. Maybe we'll finally get to know what's been happening at Camp Half Blood.

I think your take on Octavian can be refreshing. There's nothing wrong with tweaking a character to try to explore/show him in a different light and how that would change them. This Octavian isn't the same as his book counterpart b/c he didn't have those interactions with Percy as he does in this story which have clearly shaped him differently.

Thank you for all the time, effort, energy you've put into crafting this story. It is greatly appreciated. You writing this and giving us this wonderful story for free is a great gift. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Onto the sequel,

spectre4hire chapter 22 . 5/31/2020
Good chapter.

This was a nice little unwind after the siege chapter and then its aftermath of Percy waking up.

The Percy and Reyna scenes were great. As were her thoughts and observations throughout the chapter.

Michael getting Percy elected to the first was not something I saw coming. And neither did Percy. Goes to show that there are many movers and players in New Rome.

I liked Reyna's thoughts about how the fourth reacted to Percy going to the first. I'm not sure what they were thinking when they did that, but Reyna's observations were great there. It was also nice to see Percy getting properly rewarded for his contributions during the siege.

Also at the rate Percy does his fighting he's just gonna be walking scar tissue soon enough.

spectre4hire chapter 20 . 5/31/2020
This was a great chapter.

I think it was a good call on breaking up the siege with several different perspectives. They were all good so its hard to chose a favorite. I liked the Percy fight scene with Krios as well as the brief, but tender moment between Reyna and Percy.

Of course Percy would just casually drop that the titans tried to recruit him and he'd drop it during a battle.

They won the siege, but they def lost some good and important people.

I will say I thought I noticed a typo in the Reyna POV, Percy mentions Julia is dead, but then a few lines down, Reyna talks about meeting up with Julia. Maybe, I misread it and the confusion is therefore my fault so pay this part no mind.

50,000 words is impressive and you should be proud. This has been a fun story to read and I'm thankful for all the time and energy you've put into writing it.

spectre4hire chapter 19 . 5/31/2020
Good Chapter.

This was a well done nice change of pace chapter. It was really nice to get such insight into Percy when he wrote those letters and how different they were to each of them given his relationship to them. Hopefully, Leila takes Percy's "olive branch."

It was nice to get an outsider's perspective on the scene at the end especially noticing the change in Reyna when she got Percy's letters.

Percy must have been a man on a mission and singular focus since he didn't really acknowledge any of them including Reyna and Jason. I'm curious to see what those artifacts are.

Nice to see Blackjack found Percy. I'm not surprised he likes Reyna given her own good relationship with the pegasuses.

Thanks for all the time and effort you've put into writing this story especially during your school year. I understand that burden all too well. I hope everything went well with your exams and classes.

spectre4hire chapter 17 . 5/31/2020
Good Chapter.

Nice fight between Percy and Hylla. Not surprising that Reyna been writing to her sister about Percy. He looks to have gotten on the right foot with Hylla.

I wasn't expecting Mars or Juno or this quest. Interesting development.

Thanks for sharing,

spectre4hire chapter 15 . 5/31/2020
Good Chapter.

Glad to see the talk between Percy and Reyna and what a way to end that scene. Good job Percy.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Percy and Tony have planned for the titan's war. As well as seeing the Roman side of the conflict.

spectre4hire chapter 14 . 5/31/2020
Nice chapter.

Good talk between Jason and Percy. Nice to see them supporting one another. It was a fun interaction, calm, but insightful.

I only wonder how these talks Percy will have will go with Leila and Reyna respectively.

spectre4hire chapter 13 . 5/31/2020
Good Chapter.

Nicely done by Dustin with that great dressing down that he gave to all responsible parties. He may be a doctor first and foremost, but that political diagnosis that he gave was spot on.

Curious with how the Titan war will be handled/shown in this story. As well as Lupa's future training with Percy.

spectre4hire chapter 12 . 5/31/2020
Another good chapter.

Yikes, those were some extensive injuries Percy suffered. Noble of Neptune to make that sacrifice in order to heal him. Poor Percy, I wonder how he'll recover from all this.

I really liked the Jason going to Neptune's shrine to pray b/c he knew that's what Percy would do.

I figured Leila also liked Percy given their interactions, but since Percy gets with Reyna, I wonder how it'll go. Hopefully, its quick and not a drawn out love triangle.

I thought it was a good Reyna scene at the end, her confession. As well as Neptune's little reveal to her about his son's own feelings for her. I'm looking forward to her relaying what Neptune told her to Percy.

I do think that she and Percy would benefit by sharing some more screentime. It just feels as if Percy's been around Leila a lot more then Reyna, which makes some sense given they're in the same cohort. That's just me, take it or leave it, and it doesn't really matter since the story is already complete.

Thanks for all the time and energy you've put into this story. I appreciate it.

spectre4hire chapter 11 . 5/31/2020
Good chapter.

That was a good fight scene with the monster and it makes sense that Percy killed it in this AU, but he did get a helpful assist from Jason. Killing it from the inside does seem like something Percy might do.

Curious with how Reyna will handle/react to Percy's little stunt.

I liked Jason's internal reflection at the end about Percy and their growing friendship. Good to see it being so strong between them.

spectre4hire chapter 9 . 5/31/2020
Good Chapter.

I'll be curious if Reyna will get that visit when she and Jason are in South Carolina like she does in the books and how it will be different given the divergence this story is taking.

Also nice tease with the "Preyna"

I've been enjoying this story and your take on a Roman! Percy story with his growth, training, and new friends. It's also nice that he's not OP, but a guy who loses with grace and learns from it.

Thanks for sharing,

spectre4hire chapter 3 . 5/30/2020
This is off to a good start.

I'm new to this fandom and as much as I like 'Percabeth,' I enjoy AUs too and I liked Reyna so I was happy to stumble upon this story.

I'm looking forward to seeing Percy's time with the legion. The Jason and Percy friendship is off to a good start so it should be fun seeing them grow up at camp together.

711 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »