Reviews for Monster
DA chapter 13 . 4/2/2013
I love how you developed this idea. That kiss at the end of chapter 12 took my breath away, but it "was not an ending" neither is this one. Just wanted to remind you that "he" has a hybrid car in the story, so, the paragraph about the rickety tape player in this chapter is not necessary! I think he would tell you to work on the ending if this is actually how you intend to end it really. Good luck :-)

DA
DA chapter 13 . 4/1/2013
I love love love this. All of it not just the ending . Granted that there were sad and dark moments on the first few chapters but you redeemed yourself in the latter ones. The kiss at the end of chapter 12 made me swoon in my chair :-) and I found the dialogue there a bit more agreeable with the characters. BTW he had this sleek hybrid car in the story which would not be fitted with a rickety tape player! I liked that they did get together for real in 13, however, never did find out what was in that darn envelope :-) this is by far the most realistic and partially complete G/D pairing I have read so far and THANK YOU for writing it. Wish you would continue :-)
italyfilez chapter 13 . 8/9/2007
I definitely like the ambiguity of the other ending a lot more than this little-get together.

Thanks for this story!
italyfilez chapter 12 . 8/9/2007
That's it? I'm not sure I understand what brings closure to her? The fact that she realizes Dimitri missed her? And what is in that darn envelope!
italyfilez chapter 7 . 8/9/2007
The last paragraph of Chapter 7 seems to be the exact paragraph as the first paragraph of Chapter 6 Is this intentional?
italyfilez chapter 5 . 8/9/2007
I love this chapter. IMHO, your Dimitri is a lot more accurate than your Grace (I don't see Grace as someone who would cut herself or stick an envelope opener into herself). Chapter 5 is totally great though, with its illusions to the canon and Dimiri's insecurities about open poetry readings and Chris having a fiance.

The best part is "Chekov-gate"! ROTL.
writer123456789 chapter 13 . 8/19/2003
Oh wow, I LOVED chap 12 redux! Awesome, beautifully done. I love their tentative awkwardness in the beggining transforming into the honesty of the end. Very nice. Lovely.
Emmet chapter 13 . 8/18/2003
I enjoyed the original Chapter 12, but did feel there was a certain awkwardness about the interactions, and about the kisses, which seemed slightly out of character and didn't quite jive with the situation. I think the revised version does work better, and is both more credible and more thrilling.

"But. August is a month."

Exactly!

As always, looking forward to more.
Sophstar2002 chapter 13 . 8/16/2003
What a classic tale ... If it were up to me 'Monster' would be up there with Shakespeare's texts!

Waiting in utter anticipation

* Forever Grace and Dimitri *
jnbrenda chapter 13 . 8/15/2003
I enjoyed so much reading this chapter. and Grace are just adorable together. It was cute how he didn't want to answer her question but finally gave in. Looking forward to more chapters!
writer123456789 chapter 12 . 8/8/2003
Wow. I really, really, really liked this last chapter. You capture their inevitable awkwardness beautifully. Lovely writing. Dimitri seems somewhat conflicted to me, like I'm not sure if even he really knows what it is he wants from Grace. This is getting even more interesting with the two of them interacting together. Well done! I'd LOVE to see more of this story.
indigoh10 chapter 12 . 8/8/2003
This chapter was really nicely written. I'm so curious as to what is in that envelope. I can't wait to see where this story is going. Please update soon!
Sprouty chapter 12 . 8/7/2003
Holy wow! Hey GraceDimitrifan, I came to type a review and Clay is on the radio. in my city?. Right now! Never heard that before.

But...onto review.

"He could leave a thousand times now, she thought, and I wouldn't care. "

Yeah, because he came back at all. Sigh. Thanks Dar. I too LMAO throughout. That is Dimitri. That IS. I have no words so.. :)

"The mischief behind them .."

Yes. Yes to the whole thing. The hypnotic/religious references about Mr.D LOL.

I actually jumped off my chair (the wheels moved swiftly) and then squealed out loud when the car horn sounded. Hehehehe.

My beef (or soy): Longer chapters please! You are such a trailer, it's almost as infuriating as not completing his sentences. Keep'em coming though regardless.
dimitrified aussie chapter 12 . 8/6/2003
Loved their easy banter, Grace's uncertainty and mood swings, and just had to laugh aloud at her embarrassment. Like Emmet, I want to hear/read about him missing her; and as for those "inappropriate" kisses - words fail me! Beautifully done, more please.
Emmet chapter 12 . 8/6/2003
And still more - Real chapters, not interchapters (not that I'm complaining - the short ones are just teasers!)

Did question that Dimitri would easily offer her a ride after the suspension meeting; seemed odd that he would initially question where to drop her off; made sense when he (finally) got why Grace said not to drop her off in front of the house.

Wanted to hear (read) an answer why he missed her.

Great kiss. So inappropriate.

Glad you (finally) had them cross paths!
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »