Reviews for Titanfall
MrBogus chapter 32 . 11/14
Another very nice story, too bad, you didn't get around to continue it. Would have loved to read how this journey continues. :)
Eriktheviking70 chapter 32 . 10/24
I really enjoy your style of storytelling, well written, informative and entertaining with a nice touch of humour.
Difdi chapter 21 . 3/11
Only a sham trial could convict Riley of being Bonesaw, since Jack Slash was a human Master that could control parahumans, and Bonesaw was the result of his Mastering Riley. A fair trial for her would result in an acquittal on all charges, because a Master victim is not responsible for what the Master orders them to do.
Difdi chapter 15 . 2/26
All dogs are sentient whether unusually smart or unusually stupid. All mammals are sentient. All reptiles are sentient. Most insects are sentient. Even some plants are.

Sentience is not a very high bar to clear, it just means aware of self and able to feel. It doesn't mean intelligent. It's been misused for that in the past, because old time psychologists assumed that only humans had the ability to feel, and therefore it was feeling that made us intelligent. But that was debunked before I was born, and I'm in my 40s.

The word for intelligent is sapient.

Something that is sapient is nearly always sentient too, but there are situations where something might be one but not the other. For example, an AI that has no sensors that can scan its own hardware would be sapient but not sentient.

Something that is both sentient and sapient is a sophont.
Difdi chapter 14 . 2/25
Your numbers are off on when the alcohol virus triggers nausea. You have it triggering at half a percent, but that's over six times the blood alcohol level at which someone is considered too drunk to drive in most places. It's two and a half times the point (0.2 percent) where it becomes possible to choke to death on vomit without any other factors in play, and past the point where death due alcohol poisoning becomes a high risk (0.4 percent).

Nobody is going to hit 0.5 percent blood alcohol at 1 shots per hour. Some people won't hit it even at 5-10 shots an hour!

I think you meant 0.05 percent, not 0.5 percent.
Difdi chapter 9 . 2/24
Disgusting fact about swimming pools: Chlorine dissolved into water is almost odorless to humans.

We can detect a very faint smell of it when the water is right up in our faces, but we can't walk into a pool area and immediately know we're next to a swimming pool by smell alone.

But if you mix many types of acid or base into the water-chlorine solution, it out-gases chlorine, producing the strong 'pool' smell most people associate with swimming pools. This is why mixing household cleaning ammonia (a hydroxide) with chlorine is so dangerous.

In the case of swimming pools, the most common cause of the strong chlorine smell is uric acid - the acid that gives urine its name. The stronger the smell, the more urine there is in the water!
Difdi chapter 6 . 2/24
You have two problems in this chapter.

First problem - if Sophia is charged with bio-terrorism for the locker she'd be acquitted unless the trial is rigged. A terrorism charge has three criteria for a conviction, and all three must be met or it's not terrorism. If it's not terrorism, then a jury would come back with a verdict of not guilty on a terrorism charge.

First criteria, the act must be a violent crime under the laws of the United States. Second criteria, it must target US citizens. Both of these were met by the locker attack. But the third criteria is the one that doesn't apply to Sophia - the illegal act against a US citizen must be either motivated by politics, or seek to alter the political choices of a US citizen. Being dead does not count as an alteration or everyone who commits manslaughter would also be convicted on a terrorism charge.

The proper charge for the locker, given the various laws on biological weapons, is that it was conspiracy to commit attempted first degree murder using a biological weapon of mass destruction. That's a mandatory minimum 30 years in prison if convicted, and is typically a 30 to life sentence. It's automatically federal and there is no juvenile court version - anyone charged with any WMD crime is tried as an adult, period. Due to the WMD nature of a bio-weapon, everyone in Winslow counts as a victim, which is more than enough strikes to Birdcage a parahuman even on a first offense. But it was definitively NOT terrorism.

The other problem in the chapter is that Coil's power splits the timeline where he is standing. He doesn't create time clones in remote locations. If his other self dies at his house (ending that timeline split), and his remaining self is in his base, when he splits the timeline again both of him will be in his base. He'd have to have one of him travel to reach his house again, which you don't show in the chapter. If he COULD create time clones remotely, he'd have a very high Mover rating because it would let him teleport by alternating which timeline he dropped, and Coil would not need escape tunnels if he were a Mover like that!
Difdi chapter 3 . 2/24
If the Titan is not the full extent of Taylor's ability to call upon, and she's summoning rather than projecting, there's a chance her upper limit might be a MacAllan class carrier, complete with Titan deployment bay.
Difdi chapter 1 . 2/24
You can't turn a Faraday cage off, no. But that doesn't make people who think Arcadia has one idiots, because a signal repeater, with a hard-line that penetrates the cage to another repeater outside of the cage CAN be turned on and off, and when it's on, you get normal cellular signal inside the cage.
erik chapter 32 . 2/17
Still a great read, thank you.
amyrlinengineer chapter 32 . 2/11
Fun story. Definitely pure crack, too. I loved it. I like your integration of music in BTs character. Also, Panarator for the win!
xavier0jim chapter 3 . 9/30/2020
Master rank: yes, is always funny to hear xd
Bookworm5556 chapter 5 . 8/5/2020
Well this is most definitely a crack fic
koseta.a chapter 20 . 5/5/2020
It's a good story there's just very little action
Shepard131 chapter 14 . 3/14/2020
I'm really liking this story so far. but the government telling people they can only have 1 drink a day is pure big brother, nanny state, we're the government so we know better than you bullshit. if someone wants to get drunk they should be able to get drunk. as long as they do it safely. you get drunk get into a car and kill someone because your stupid ass was driving, you get what you fucking deserve.