Reviews for Godhood: For Dummies
Reader2 chapter 12 . 2/1
The concept is cool, the character, not so much. What he did to Tony was wrong on so many levels, definitely shouldn’t have done that. He should’ve just stuck to his powers while learning to use the power stone and get involved with the Avengers stuff. It feels like he’s doing waaay to much. Also, he never even went back for his bro, what a shitty bro.
Andrew234 chapter 8 . 1/21
bro he's been 7 for like 7 chapters there is only 12 did you make him like that so it wouldn't be weird how he has no romantic drive that should go with his age i mean your cracking jokes but could you imagine how terrifying that would be to be in a dangerous world like marvel be have the mind set of a 30 year oldI know he's only like 17 but his memories make him more mature) i mean this dude is starring down the barrel of Thanos dormammu apocalypse just danger every direction I would want to enjoy life a little before shit hits the fan
You know for a guy that supposedly in his 40s-50s he sure acts like a child. I’ve always dislike that in fics, where the writer says the Mc lived a long time in their last life. Yet they act like a fool, not showing their true age. Just write that your Mc is real damn smart and quite mature for their age.
SuperReader3000 chapter 12 . 1/5
Love the story and hope you can come back to it!
nzobiwan chapter 12 . 12/31/2022
Really enjoying this so far!
Reviewer chapter 12 . 12/25/2022
This story is quite fun. I look forward to more.
Metaknowledge chapter 5 . 12/25/2022
It’s interesting to read from the perspective of a guy with somewhat limited marvel knowledge. He doesn’t know En Sabah Nur is Apcoalypse? He doesn’t know of Selene Gallio is? I’m guessing his knowledge of the X-men movies and comics isn’t great if he doesn’t know much about them or the Hellfire Club.
Sorcerer chapter 1 . 12/25/2022
I always felt that a half-celestial would make a really good sorcerer since MCU sorcery is all about channeling various exotic energies. A half-celestial would definitely be able to channel way more energy and with less drawbacks than your average squishy mortal could since one half of their ancestry is basically built for doing so.
Guest chapter 12 . 12/23/2022
Did you Die?
Guest chapter 9 . 12/13/2022
I mean having Shuri as a romantic interest wouldn't be terrible, it would certainly be unique as I don't recall any FFs that did it, however you took the Mary Sue cringe to levels that are beyond tolerable; His character, since he is supposed to be older, had galactic level education and can speed up his brain, barely tolerable; Her's though, no, no amount of suspension of disbelief accepts a five year discovering cold fusion.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/13/2022
Do not, I repeat do not bring Apocalypse, Trask, sentinels or any of that mutant/anti-mutant nonsense into this you will immediately ruin your story. Marvel has always made the X-men verse as antagonistic and retarded as possible, I have never understood their fascination with mutant nazis and foaming at the mouth humans.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/13/2022
"...Also, to reassure people about Nathan being a five-year-old, keep in mind that it's still only 1997 in the story right now. The first Iron man movie happens in 2008/9. He'll be in his early twenties throughout the important parts of the story..."

No, it doesn't "reassure" me because it clearly means to plan to be a retard and force him to remain young, asinine bullshit.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/13/2022
This MC being stuck five fucking years old bullshit better be cleared up in the next fucking chapter, it's not funny nor entertaining, does nothing to actually further the plot and is plain retarded
Ppsh chapter 9 . 12/3/2022
Gotta say you really kind of lost me with this chapter. Well, it's not helping that I never really like the Black Panther movies, Shuri in particular. She is just such an absurd little mary sue in every way shape and form, an explicitly crafted embodiment of the "we need to encourage girls to get into STEM, so let's always portray them as the smart scientists" that is spammed in so many forms of media these days. Because I guess if decades of govt grants, support groups & scholarships won't do it, societal brainwashing might.
That aside, the events here just don't mesh very well with what you've written previously. Nathan feels very different somehow, almost OOC - as if he is actually a kid, instead of just acting like one. The bigger problem is I have absolutely no reason to believe Nathan knows ANYTHING about biology. He SAID earlier on in the story that it was something he ought to study - and he has been studying a lot - but you never so much as implied that this studying had anything to do with science, rather he spent all of that time in the magical library learning magic, as far as we the reader know.
So how the hell is he suddenly waxing lyrical with Shuri-the-infinitely-smarter-than-Stark-for-no-reason? It's almost as stupid as how 'smart' (read: bullshit) she is already, because he shouldn't know what he is talking about here, but just does.
I don't know, I really can't understand what the point of this situation was, or why you de-aged him just for him to have this connection with Shuri. It feels forced and unrealistic. I was going to comment on this earlier, about the time stone and how it really doesn't jive very well with the idea that he can use it to target particular parts of his brain and eyes to achieve a precise effect, but can't manage to just undue what he accidentally did (deaging his body) the first time he used it - but I let it go because I thought, well whatever maybe it will lead to something good. But this was what it led to...?
Ppsh chapter 7 . 12/3/2022
Really good fight scenes. I didn't really expect you to turn him into a magical user at first, but it does work rather well and you've set it out properly without rushing which is always nice. It still feels like he is kind of very limited, considering, but I guess he is getting better.
1,455 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »