Reviews for Dead Aces
Turtles chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
This is one of, if not the best arielbots fic I have ever read. It is awesome and amazing and thank you for giving such amazing appreciation and characterisation to such awesome characters
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Wow, this was totally great! A really great character study of everyone involved, you are a great writer!
riversrunthroughme chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Was scrolling tvtropes and saw your fic on the recommendation page and, as promised, this fic rocked my socks. Excellently written - I loved the dynamic with the 'dead aces' throughout the story and the language from all the characters is hilariously awesome. Never got tired of hearing the those fly-boys chatter. Great job, really. Made my night. _
Peacewish chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Huzzah? Huzzah! A great read, made entertaining by Slingshot's and Air Raid's ever-so-colorful delivery and undeniable lack of grace.
QoS chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
The Aerialbots were the first gestalt team I read about on the Transformers Wiki, and I looked for all the fics I could find on them after that. This is one of my favorites, though it's not just because it features the Aerials. The Seekers are *smart* in this - of course Starscream would trick them, he's been flying for millions of years before they came along - and the first-person POV is very well done. It makes the story extremely realistic.

It's also nice to read about Slingshot not being a jerk all the time. I'm glad he got such a good story focusing on him.
Atalan chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
I love the Aerialbots more than is strictly healthy anyway, and now I've read this, I love Slingshot so much that I might have to go and lie down somewhere quietly for a bit until I can think in terms that aren't "E". :D Really nice, varied group dynamic you've got here - I like it that Slingshot and Air Raid genuinely do squabble, and that they're having problems working together effectively. I also like it that you completely left Superion out of it - merging as a gestalt feels like a cheating way to gloss over problems. And a couple of minor setting details: I love how you allowed for the fact that a thick forest would be a nightmare for a jet-sized robot to navigate, and Skydive's air aces made me glee a bit. I'm amazed he didn't get onto Biggles. :)
ToaVeka chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Awesome story! You really did your homework, I mean, wow... all those Dogfighting explanations... and you got all the Aerialbots down pat! This made my day!
Lady Mirror chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
hm...very good. An interesting way to tell a story, but I like it. For me it was a bit hard to follow, but it's also 2 in the morning, so that's probably it. I do love the Aerialbots. **favorites**
Uftaki chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
Wai! What a fic! I. Am. *Impressed*! Wonderfully written. First person narrative is always hard to pull off well, _especially_ from the viewpoint you've taken, as the 'first person narrative' is all what the "narrator" hears - we never hear him "speak" until the end. But you've pulled it off *incredibly* well. It's a challenging and very engaging style of writing! Kudos to you on the technical effort alone!

And speaking of techinical... Who... all your descriptions of the battles, and Skydive's history facts. That must have taken a LOT of research on your part. This fic was obviously a long time coming in the planning and writing; the depth it has shows this ;

And I just love your use of the characters :) I've always liked most of the Autobots, but the Aerialbots have always been cool. Such sleek jets, and funny, crazy personalities (at least, to start with, as you noted...). Skydive was always a favourite, but you -really- developed Slingshot's personality well here, too... and even a bit of character development for Air Raid! :3 I love the interactions all the characters have with each other, too. A good plot is good, but when you get good character interactions and developements, that just makes a story great :) Congradulations on one _very_ good fic! :D
Maelstrom1 chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
Wow I absolutely adored this fic, very nice work, I didn't have a great grasp on the Aerialbots (G1 before my time, I strugle to learn :D) Thanks for a great story and sheding some light on their personas!
Silver Spider chapter 1 . 4/17/2003
I love the Aerialbots too! The only Transformer tapes I own are about them. Well done, I thought I'd never see a fanfic about them. The only place I saw it mentioned was in my own fanfic assosiating Commander Silverbolt with the Maximal Fuzor from Beast Wars. Once again Well Done.