Reviews for The Red Witch and the Nightmare Queen
Caver Floyd chapter 17 . 5/15
I had forgotten that she just happened to stumble on that sparkly stone and keep it in the Forrest. I suppose that is what was meant by the seer when they said she had two parts that would answer her resurrection problem. The curse and the stone. Good chapter. It seemed like Daisy almost had that serious conversation in which she says how she really feels before losing her nerve. Pyrrha just casually mentions that occasionally she finds some women attractive and doesn’t understand why Daisy makes a big deal about it.

I love this story.
Caver Floyd chapter 16 . 7/4/2020
I feel for Wasila. Wanting so badly to make a point to the idiots with her but *must stay in character*. She didn't even get to gloat after she got the harp because she was busy escaping an angry sphinx.
Caver Floyd chapter 15 . 3/13/2020
Another great chapter.

I'm wondering how Daisy is going to get out of there, because even if they think she is under the Imperius, I'd imagine they would still hold her for a while. If they don't hold her, there is no way they would give back Pyrrha's wand. And if they do hold her and she uses some emergency portkey or some kind of transportation that Pyrrha gave her in case shit hit the fan (I'm almost positive that Pyrrha would do something like that), she still needs to recover the wand. Basically I see no way this ends with Pyrrha getting her wand back without direct intervention from Pyrrha herself. I can't remember if we have gotten any details about what happened to Pyrrha when she was ten before now or not. I think we probably have, I just can't remember.

I refuse to believe that Daisy has been under the Imperius the whole time. I suspect it is just a backup plan for this exact situation that Pyrrha didn't tell her about. Or perhaps this is Pyrrha's way of getting rid of Daisy in order to "protect her". Although if that is the case, I imagine the wand is not the real one.
Guest chapter 14 . 11/10/2019
It's been years since I reviewed a fanfic, but this is too good to ignore.

This is a great use of the HP setting with your own characters and plot. I wish more fanfics were like this.

This gets an O for Outstanding.
Caver Floyd chapter 14 . 11/9/2019
Good chapter. Perhaps “old whiskers” is a sphinx? Suppose I’ll find out next chapter.
Caver Floyd chapter 13 . 9/18/2019
A lot of good information and progress in this chapter. They’ve got a plan for something that might assist against Morrigan, we find out the reason that Pyrrha delved so deep into blood magic, and Daisy is once again reaffirmed as the best friend in the world.

As for Pyrrha’s experiments, the only real way I could seen them succeeding fully (for a person with neither horcrux nor ghost) would be with the resurrection stone. I don’t see a soul passing back through the Veil any other way. Though it might work for Ashlin depending on how that curse Pyrrha’s got works.
Caver Floyd chapter 12 . 8/15/2019
Good chapter. If Pyrrha survives Morrigan, she’s got a ritual to perform. Bad Hati and your magic resistant self.
Caver Floyd chapter 11 . 6/9/2019
Another chapter yay! So Arradia took out some insurance on her life. I wonder if the Furnival dude is actually dead or not
DanielK31 chapter 11 . 6/9/2019
Yes! I've been waiting for this chapter, and it was great. I love the tidbits of lore you add that seem to have nothing to do with the main story (ex. blighted bride). Keep up the good work!
Can you clear up what the blood spell Pyrrah used at the end did? I'm not sure I understood its purpose correctly.
DanielK31 chapter 10 . 4/20/2019
Thank you for sharing this excellent story! Looking forward to reading more.
Turmoils chapter 10 . 3/20/2019
Another fantastic chapter! Seems like each new one comes with a few new wild ideas for spells. The one that created a vacuum in the room was especially cool to see.

Honestly it's starting to feel like Pyrrah would be a match for Voldemort/Dumbledore. Given she's only 20-30 now by the time she gets to their age she'd definitely have surpassed them imo, assuming Morrigan doesn't kill her off in a chapter or two. Is she intended to come off that powerful or are you still going for that balance well above McGonagall but still below Vold/Dore?

God that ending is rough though. Glad you're exploring the friendship between Daisy and Pyrrah a bit more. Pretty heart wrenching.

Cheers again!
Caver Floyd chapter 7 . 1/14/2019
Extremely well written story. I assume Pyrrha is supposed to be "The Red Witch". Doing a heart transplant on yourself. Damn. Can she just use anybodies heart to replace the blood magic affected one or does it have to be prepared specially.
Turmoils chapter 7 . 1/13/2019
Jesus. Pyrrha's method for fixing her heart was completely brutal. Testament to her resolve I guess. Loved the imagery of Morrigan staring at them through that window too, very creepy. Great chapter as usual!
Turmoils chapter 3 . 11/24/2018
Wow, had an absolute blast reading through the posted chapters! That first scene with Pyrrha was so vivid. Really could feel the desperation of the chase. Did you happen to draw any inspiration from the Old Kingdom series? The whole necromancer chasing down someone gave me major flashbacks to that series. The advanced magic usage by Pyrrha is something I'm really hoping continues over the next chapters. Feels like it's common for extremely powerful OC's to just steamroll their opposition and end up leaving the fic really stale, but against how scary Morrigan is she almost seems inadequate.

On reddit you mentioned that the events of the series are happening 3 decades after voldemort. By that do you mean 30 years after he dies, so 10 after the epilogue? If so should we be expecting some interactions with characters we're already familiar with?

Loving your work so far! Looking forward to seeing where you take the story.
Zeitgeist84 chapter 1 . 10/25/2018
Well, first things first, there's some fantastic prose here. Your description of magic is really, really good, and I'm really interested to see all the applications of some of the things you've set up, like the curse scar and the rebirth mark. Lots of action and some pretty good banter between your main character and her hallucinated sister. I didn't notice any real grammatical errors while reading, so I think it's been pretty well-edited.

Of course, if I have to throw some criticisms out there, this chapter can feel a little bit messy, but I think that's to be expected with an in medias res start like this, especially with a cast of original characters. We don't have as much to instinctively grasp onto as we would if Harry was the main character, which can leave some readers feeling a bit lost. But that shouldn't be a huge problem, all you have to do is a little bit more legwork with bringing us up to speed. Since you said that you've written quite a bit of the fic already, I assume there's a lot of context surrounding things like the Cabal and the hallucination of Pyrrha's sister. As long as that's provided, I don't think you have to worry too much about.

I have no real criticisms of your plot or characters as of yet, mostly because we've been dropped into a relatively action-heavy first chapter. You've definitely dropped hints of Pyrrha's past, her family, whether what we're seeing is even taking place in the real world, and whether or not she might have been the one to unleash an angry Celtic war god on the earth. But at the moment, there's not a lot to critique plot-wise, so I'll refrain from giving any opinion on that until I've read a few more chapters.

Keep up the good work,