Reviews for Castlevania: Birth of the Dragon
wolfmizu chapter 13 . 6/27/2020
this shit broke me a little...oh mathais…*sobbing*
jl4223 chapter 20 . 2/2/2020
Continuing to love this story!
LadyArmster chapter 2 . 12/31/2019
I enjoyed this chapter. You've done a great job explaining how Mathias became so well-read/educated. Priests/monks were among the few who were literate at that time, so it makes sense he obtained much of his knowledge from them. I'm curious to know what happened to Leon and his family? Obviously, this is something I'll probably have to uncover in future chapters (which is good, as it keeps the reader interested).

I love the contrast between Mathias and Leon. I could totally see Mathias as a somewhat detached intellectual; though you manage to bring out his softer side through his relationship with Leon. I could see an older/younger "brother" relationship forming between them as a result of their personal tragedies. My only thing is to show - rather than tell - their relationship/feelings. You don't need to blatantly state Mathias starts to care about Leon like a brother when you can just show this through their actions and dialogue. That is just my personal opinion, of course. You definitely have a unique writing style that is a cut above a lot of other Castlevania fics I've read. You've clearly thought about this story for a while and put a lot of effort into crafting a believable backstory for the characters. And, as always, I look forward to seeing where things go from here.
LadyArmster chapter 1 . 12/31/2019
I've had this story on my radar for a while and finally decided to sit down and read it. I think you have done a great job setting up a sense of foreboding tension in the first chapter. The ominous descriptions of Mathias' father and the ritual are intriguing but vague enough that I want to know what it was for. Was it to create the crimson stone? Is his family inherently cursed? Is his descent into darkness is (partially) a consequence of his father's dark interests? What about Mathias' mother; where is she in all of this?

You are also one of the few to actually tackle Mathias' origin story. I wish there were more fics about Mathias (only) because he is such an interesting character. I think this is a very unique take on his beginnings and I look forward to seeing where things progress from here.
Guest chapter 19 . 12/5/2019
Fantastic.
Guest chapter 18 . 11/26/2019
One of your best chapters. I loved everything. Please post more soon.
vivi chapter 18 . 11/25/2019
Very compelling chapter. Mathias is very devious. I'm really interested in reading what's going to happen next.
Guest chapter 17 . 9/30/2019
Wow! Great chapter! Please update soon.
Guest chapter 17 . 9/28/2019
Mathias's men are really doubting him and his excuses aren't really cutting it anymore... Awesome chapter.
Guest chapter 16 . 8/28/2019
Awesome chapter, it's always pleasant to see an update. It's interesting to see how Mathias is becoming this fearful figure and his men are having second thoughts about following him.
jl4223 chapter 15 . 7/1/2019
Thanks for updating. Can't wait to read more!
Guest chapter 15 . 7/1/2019
Good chapter and enjoyable action. I'm always glad to see an update and it certainly didn't disappoint.
Guest chapter 14 . 6/25/2019
I am a sucker for Leon and Mathias content, and the battles and dark magic in this fanfic really expand on Mathias while helping you see what he'd later become. I love how the story begins, and I love how Leon and Mathias' relationship changes! I'm excited for this one to continue!
Guest chapter 14 . 6/17/2019
Awesome update. Mathias is quite brutal now. Makes sense since Elisabetha and his child died and that changed him.
Guest chapter 14 . 6/17/2019
So glad to see another great chapter. Can’t wait to read more!