Reviews for Ten High
Pint-sized She-Bear chapter 5 . 8/18/2021
the upcoming conversation doesn't sound good
Pint-sized She-Bear chapter 2 . 8/18/2021
ugh I forgot how irritating Shane was
UnknownReaderHasJoined chapter 5 . 12/23/2019
I so don’t trust Shane. Wonder if it’s her talking about fort benning, or idk.
Ohmicrofilm chapter 5 . 5/25/2019
This is fantastic. I love the line about being a doctor not a miracle worker. It made me laugh and think of Star Trek which I love. Your story really reminds me what I loved about the walking dead when it began. It’s awesome.
Elementess chapter 5 . 3/18/2019
Poor Jim, but poor Anna, too. I'm worried that with everyone lost in the series she might really blame herself too much later about who she could or couldn't have helped more.
LuckyLark and Darkshadow chapter 5 . 3/11/2019
You missed a few commas here and there, but other than that this chapter was amazing! Keep it up!
xXBalorBabeXx chapter 5 . 3/6/2019
I can't wait to read more of this, you are doing an amazing job with the story.
TheProtecterOfHim chapter 5 . 3/6/2019
yaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss WE STAN ANNA
BouncingKappa chapter 5 . 3/6/2019
Remember the 3,000 times I poked you with a stick to finish chapter 5 even while I haven’t finished the next chapter for my own fic? Hypocrisy at its finest :)

I really loved Anna and Daryl’s conversation on top of the RV and the fact that both of them appreciate Merle’s badass insanity. Placing Anna in the middle of the fight over Jim turned out so well too, I love that she’s being positioned by both Rick and Shane as their rivalry begins to gear up. It makes me so excited for season two and how Anna finds her place in the group and how she’s going to have to maneuver herself carefully through the weeds of Rick and Shane’s conflict.

And Glenn’s little moment of self-awareness of his awesomeness! And Lori sitting in silence with Anna while she grieves - what a beautiful way to show Lori as a both a friend and an almost familial figure. I just, I love the way you’re writing Lori because she’s becoming so well-fleshed, showing facets of her character beyond wife/lover/mother. Jim! Ugh. Poor Jim, gone too soon.

But for real. Shane is giving of some great creepy vibes but what I love is that they’re creepy to the readers because we know what’s happening but it remains to be seen how Anna is going to react because she doesn’t know what’s young to happen! Cannot wait to read chapter six and get to the CDC.

Okay. That’s enough gushing.

#betaadjacentreviews
#undapants
Guest chapter 5 . 3/5/2019
Any chance you’ll have some events from the show happen differently (whether that difference is drastic or minute) due to Anna’s presence? My biggest pet peeve of OC’s in fanfiction is when writers insist on following canon plotline exactly, even though the presence of an extra character WOULD result in ripple effects that would cause some things to happen differently. I’m not saying you have to come up with an entirely new enemy to fight or have them do something way different from the script, but minor things could and would change with an OC thrown in the mix. So far, you’ve followed basic plot of Glenn and the others getting stuck in Atlanta, Rick and crew going back for Merle, Merle cutting off his hand, camp being attacked, and camp going to the CDC. But from here on out, things could change from Anna being there! People that died might live and people who lived might die. Anna could convince what’s his name from the CDC to come. That would affect Eugene later on if she did. T-Dog might not cut open his arm on the highway when the herd comes through. Anna might be closer to Sophia and run after her into the woods, getting lost with her. They might or might not come across the Greene’s farm the exact same time. Maybe they miss the Greene’s farm entirely and thus run into the remaining Greene’s months later after the family has inevitably lost their farm to walkers. Carl might not get shot. Shane or Rick might get shot in his place or maybe none of them will be in the exact line of fire of Otis’ rifle. Anna and Sophia might continue on to Fort Benning because they think that’s still the plan. Maybe they’d come across Sasha and Tyreese and their group coming up north from Florida. Maybe they’d run into Michonne. Maybe they’d run into Alex (because Anna did say that Alex never met up with her, but she didn’t actually see her body, right?). Maybe the walkers-in-the-barn situation would happen differently. Maybe it would happen earlier or later, resulting in Hershel going to the bar at a different time, and resulting in him, Rick, and Glenn missing Randall’s group entirely, thus resulting in Randall never being taken and removing a source of friction from the group. Maybe Dale would live without this argument over Randall’s life. Maybe the herd wouldn’t divert through to the Greene’s farm after hearing the gunshot that Shane fired and pretended was Randall escaping. Maybe because of this, they would be able to stay at the farm longer, be it a few days, a few weeks, all winter, until inevitably another herd rolls in...but maybe that would result in changes too. If it’s still Hershel’s farm, it might not become a Ricktatorship like after the farm was lost. If they are still there without a herd coming through, Hershel’s fifty-head of cattle, his chickens, and his horses would still be alive. Maybe they wouldn’t starve during that first winter, resulting in Lori being stronger for the baby. Maybe she would give birth in Hershel’s home office with all of his equipment in a sterile environment. Maybe she’d live. Maybe she wouldn’t, but for a different reason than on the show. Maybe the reason they eventually leave the farm could be run ins with bad people. Maybe the Claimers would show up. Maybe Bob Stuckey finds the bar in town and they bring him back and he and Hershel bond over being both alcoholics and doctors. Maybe everything goes according to canon until Glenn and Lori go to the town on their first run and maybe Maggie or maybe Glenn gets bit on their arm, leading Anna to decide that amputation might prevent the infection from spreading, sooner than Rick discovering that at the prison. Maybe seeing that would get Hershel and his family to see that walkers aren’t still living people earlier than canon. Maybe they never find the prison during the winter and instead stumble upon the train tracks to Terminus way earlier. Maybe they get to Terminus before the Terminges are attacked by raiders and before said Termites decide to resort to cannibalism? Maybe Rick’s group’s presence, skills, and weapons is enough to beat back the people who originally attacked Terminus and thus keeps the Termites from ever becoming cannibals in the first place? Maybe they find Woodbury first. I dunno...the world is literally your oyster! Or Anna’s, anyway. Her presence could be like a butterfly flapping its wings and causing a hurricane of differences from the show!
im-okay-mj chapter 5 . 3/6/2019
“Updated 3 hours ago” "I think it's time we had ourselves a little chat, don't you?" AHDHDJNDNDND NOPE BYE FUCK OFF SHANE
LuckyLark and Darkshadow chapter 4 . 1/20/2019
Ack! I love this story! Please update soon so I can get more of those sweet, sweet, character interactions!
Guest chapter 4 . 1/11/2019
I‘m just realising how much research you do.. from squirrel skinning to actual medical procedures and facts. You’re doing a great work!
Sanja chapter 4 . 1/11/2019
I‘m so happy that I found this gem! I love Anna, you really fleshed her out nicely and I cannot wait to see what you are planning for her! Her interactions with Daryl.. I mean I would to forget all about social graced in his presence
Elementess chapter 4 . 1/6/2019
I'll never get tired of her standing up for herself. But she seems to be getting along better with Daryl then she thinks? He needs some time to warm up to someone being kind to him for a change, but she has every right to point out when he's being a jerk. I'm curious as to how roped up she'll be with the Shane v Rick drama. It's nearly gotten other OCs killed in the past!