Reviews for Harry Potter and the Secret of Atlantis
erstwhile-S chapter 32 . 8/5/2021
That was kickass, with all three of them being so competent and badass in their own ways. I really really like how you write their relationship with one another and how you characterise them in your stories, and this one was no exception. Kinda missed Sirius, Petunia and Bill in this episode, but it was understandable given the trio’s desire and thirst to achieve something on their own, mostly. Dumbledore did end up smoothing their way quite a lot. It pays to have connections of course. Even if Lockhart was a complete braggart, he provided quite a bit of entertainment. So that was fun too.

I’m in awe of how you’re able to come up with plots that are so filled with drama and action, and your phenomenal writing. The research you probably do, and the knowledge you must have to be this imaginative astounds me. Fantastic two episodes. Would love to read it if there’s another one. Thank you!
jammerific chapter 11 . 4/19/2021
This chapter was great! A really nice blend of action and worldbuilding.
iChaos chapter 32 . 3/27/2021
I loved reading this story. In fact, it would not be overstating things to say that it is one of the most enjoyable pieces of fanfic which I have read in quite a while. From the consistency of the characterizations, to the cohesiveness of the plot and attention to detail as well as the incredibly immersive description of life as a modern magical being, I feel confident that it is among the most excellent contributions to this entire genre. Seriously, this is an amazing piece of work, which I for one think you and your beta can be very proud of indeed. My sincere thanks for sharing it here.
iChaos chapter 31 . 3/27/2021
That went well. Particularly thanks to Dumbledore? How about that?
iChaos chapter 30 . 3/27/2021
Merry Christmas indeed.
iChaos chapter 29 . 3/27/2021
Wow. Mallory certainly turned out to be even more of a ruthless bastard than I was giving him credit for but I think it's safe to say that he has finally received his comeuppance. Granted, it was fairly obvious that Hermione would bind him to the skull, but in all fairness he really should have seen that one coming. Not that it matters much at this point. At any rate, this entire story has been a rip roaring good time that was extremely well written. Absolutely fantastic work. This one will be remembered as a favorite for as long I can.
iChaos chapter 28 . 3/27/2021
That was exciting as well as brutally efficient. I do appreciate how well you move the story forward without wasting time on superfluous exposition, but still leave so few plot holes in its wake. Great writing.
iChaos chapter 27 . 3/27/2021
Mallory got what was coming to him, so there is that. I'm super curious about what Kohlmeier is up to though. What exactly is he trying to accomplish?
iChaos chapter 26 . 3/27/2021
So that is what is left of Atlantis, which was essentially doomed by dark magic. Mallory is apparently responsible for leading the bad guys there. That all makes perfect sense and is not surprising, so naturally I am expecting something completely unexpected to happen next.
iChaos chapter 25 . 3/26/2021
Of course it would be the kraken...
iChaos chapter 24 . 3/26/2021
The suspense is getting so thick that it's almost oppressive. Could it be that Ari is a red herring, and Mallory is the real threat? I still don't think so. Perhaps they are both perpetrating elaborate deceptions, for different reasons? Oh, and if Ron says something is not his fault one more time, I'm only going to refer to him as Han from here on out.
iChaos chapter 23 . 3/26/2021
I still cannot wrap my head around Dumbledore being... legitimately helpful. I shall simply have to console myself with suspicion regarding his motivations and propensity to withhold crucial information from the people who need it the most.
iChaos chapter 22 . 3/26/2021
Isn't that a bit...cliche? Then again, who cares? If Atlantis really is in the Bermuda triangle, that is still an enormous area to search and is most likely a ruin instead of some magically preserved paradise. At the risk of sounding incredibly arrogant, it appears at this point that the magic of Atlantis is really rather primitive compared to modern wizardry, so they probably aren't going to find anything particularly extraordinary.
iChaos chapter 21 . 3/26/2021
It's a shame really, but if wasn't obvious enough before the ancient ghost is clearly indicating that Atlantis is bad mojo of the soul destroying variety. Then again, I am pretty sure that Mallory is not actually a polyjuiced Kohlmeier, so that's something I guess.
iChaos chapter 21 . 3/26/2021
I realize that I am most likely reading too much between the lines at this point, because I have a tendency to do that. Nevertheless, when considering the content of the collective chapter prefaces in conjunction with the overall narrative I am guessing that there is something much more substantial going on with the plot than simply discovering the lost city of Atlantis. Instead, the story really seems to be about the connection of Atlantis to specific magical beings and their place in the hierarchy of magical society as a whole. What is the root cause of the prejudice and oppressive attitudes which run rampant throughout the magical world? When did it all start, and why is this the status quo? How do our heros fit into all of this, and what can they do about it? Where do Ari's loyalties truly lie, and what happens if and when she succeeds at her objective?