Reviews for What Jazz Is All About
Horridporrid chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
And see -this is just beautiful. I ache for Faye and Spike, but I've never read a fic that brings them together well. Maybe because they could never really be brought together - and therein lies the tragedy. And you capture that - the need to fall together and the tragic impossibility of it ever happening.
Favority line: "You can never hide your heart from the music. From your family, your friends, your everyone, but not from the music."
Rashaka chapter 1 . 12/22/2003
::sigh::. You made this Faye/Spike shipper's heart happy for this Christmas... thanks.
Summercloud chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
Why can I not make myself just read your fics and be done with it? They force me to respond. Ah well. This one was nice, too. Did you know that I have an exam tomorrow? I've got... 3.5 hours before I have to get up for class. Darn you.
flowerchild1313 chapter 1 . 9/13/2003
that was amazing... it seemed quite real, like it could have happened they werent dancing with eachother... they were dancing with themselves their past
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 5/26/2003
I'm going to search for a song that sounds like it would fit this mood, this moment, this dance.

It breaks my heart. Lovely stuff.
Sonya chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
Oh... wow. *sighs happily* That was perfect. You really captured how the jazz seems to flow through all of Cowboy Bebop, almost like a 6th member of the crew. Wow. That was just... wow.
Kyla Kaiba1 chapter 1 . 4/24/2003
Deep and moving. Stories these days are missing that kind of depth. I loved the usage of the song in that.
Alex Foster chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
This was a very enjoyable read. I must confess I was a little dubious that this would just be mindless fluff, but I was quickly proven wrong by the story’s depth and insight. A nice song and a nice story.

Keep writing.

~ Alex
Kendra Luehr chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
Wow, this wuz really well-written! _ I think u did a great job...pretty! Lol...sorry...heheh. Do u plan on doing another chapter? I think u should...it'd be a nice, romantic little SxF...I luved it! Keep it up! .~
Moonwhisper chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
That was a very nice piece of writing. I loved how you seemed to write the mood of the music throughout the whole thing.
Eysabelle Perfume chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
This is deluxe. I love how you allow Faye and Spike a quiet moment of sympathy - sharing their love of the music, and their own loneliness - without slipping into sentimentality or palpitations of the heart. Spike and Faye swing dancing is a delightful image, and seems absolutely *right*.

Lyrics can be such a dicey proposition, but yours match beautifully with the rest of the story ... quiet, moody, subtly-handled.

Thank you very much for posting this!