Reviews for But the Darkness Alters
Guest chapter 38 . 2/1/2021
Great work.
I am curious as to the meaning behind Neville’s charmed Easter eggs? I thought it was foreshadowing a dark occurrence for him. Is it because of his fondness for dark magic?
Luna1348 chapter 3 . 12/14/2020
I love that turn of events, bringing the focus off the others.
Animekitty47 chapter 38 . 9/30/2020
rolf That call back to the at best overly saccharine epilogue was amusing. Thanks for completing this story!
Animekitty47 chapter 37 . 9/30/2020
lol This is such a twisted lil story. Love it anyway.
Animekitty47 chapter 32 . 9/28/2020
Sheesh, Neville. From the brightness of standing up to your gran to the darkness of standing up to the Carrows. Quite the story you've got. It's good, of course, but let's just say I liked Rebuilding and Muddy Princess better. :P
Animekitty47 chapter 31 . 9/28/2020
lol Yeah, Harry is exactly thoughtless enough to react to that meeting exactly as he did here. And he used AK to protect Neville's lover. Awww. lol The four of them took down a room full of Aurors. That's hilarious. And probably also sadly accurate as well.

And that side comment from Draco about how even in battle Harry relies on snatching things was just perfect and hilarious. :D
Animekitty47 chapter 29 . 9/28/2020
lol I loved them finally starting to get together properly. And then, Harry shows them both up. True to form regarding Draco, and Hermione actually, considering she's "the smart one" while he gets to be the Chosen One. Anyway that last line about Harry getting into trouble "He's hard to kill, though, so it's sure to be fine." was just hilarious, even if it's not exactly a joke.
Animekitty47 chapter 25 . 9/28/2020
Have I managed to remember to mention that you're version of the Imperious Curse, or perhaps your higher level/more refined version of it is way better than what JKR did with it.

Also, is it weird I didn't care when Hermione killed Filch or Imperiused at least half the government but found her Crucioing a random jerk Auror disturbing? Oh, well. It's still great. And loved how it was Lucius who gave a Draco a lifeline regarding his fears that his love for Hermione is fake. Maybe now he'll actually confront her about it instead of wallowing. *eyes the remaining chapter count* Or maybe not yet.
Animekitty47 chapter 20 . 9/26/2020
lol That was fast. Minister already? Can't wait to see what the other 18 chapters are about. lol Good thing I don't have to! XD
Animekitty47 chapter 12 . 9/25/2020
roflmao How very Muggle of the Death Eater to write a tell-all book. Though he probably didn't know that. XD
Animekitty47 chapter 11 . 9/24/2020
OMG, that bit about Hermione being defensive about not committing a good enough murder and wanting full marks at death was one of the most hilarious things ever. Would totally happen too. xD
Animekitty47 chapter 10 . 9/24/2020
Yowza. And just like that Flich dies.

He deserves it, but that's not how people are supposed to behave, hmmm? lol

Well, Harry did throw out two Unforgivables in DH and most of the fans didn't seem to care much. Certainly the characters didn't care one iota.
Animekitty47 chapter 4 . 9/23/2020
Sheesh, this chapter feels way darker than the others. It was still good though. So good.
Animekitty47 chapter 3 . 9/22/2020
I see what you mean about the Dramione slow burn. So far I'm liking the Draco/Neville pairing more. Just as planned, hm? Anyway, best chapter! So far of course. Gotta way to go yet. XD
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 9/22/2020