Reviews for In the Forests of the Night
Lavondyss chapter 10 . 6/1/2003
FINALLY! . Another update! . Though I get how squiggly the world can be sometimes. As for the pointy sticks, I'm used to 'em by now! Being 'em on! I'll be looking forward to the next chapter when you post it in the following hour! Have a nice day!
Lita of Jupiter chapter 9 . 5/31/2003
Oh Gods

Poor Hikaru what will happen to him?

and sai oh

You are parte of the evil-cliffs authors...

talk about a hanger
JenG43 chapter 9 . 5/31/2003
Sorry, Muri, no spare cows to fling. So you'll have to deal with my comments instead.

As much as you chide yourself for all the flashbacks, they are an integral part of your story. Honestly, it was difficult (at least for me) to keep switching from the present to the past. However, it was done VERY well. We as readers really want to appreciate the effort and the time you've put into these flashbacks... they're so detailed, and I can really see in my mind the events of the past. It's taken me a while, but I'm finally getting to the point where I understand the kitsune and the significance of Osusuki's words.

Don't take my comments too seriously, mind you - I know nothing about literature or the history of Japan. I'm really just a scientist who one day mistook "read organic chemistry" for, "read manga." The rest is just history. _

It's finals starting Monday, but rest assured that I'll be wasting valuable time waiting for the next installment. Love your work, as always, *Jenglory*
ladyastralis chapter 9 . 5/31/2003
Keep goin'!
reichan chapter 9 . 5/23/2003
hi! first of all, i would really like to commnt on the, um, whole fic. first of all, it's really nice, the story flows smoothly, and the main characters don't over shadow the others. and i really like the plot, it's so original [from what i've been reading] and it's so, um, captivating. you really got me hooked on this fic, and i can't wait 'till the next chapter. i really congratulate you and your beta reader for a really entertaining fic. and, if it be of no trouble to you, i wish you could email me, i do have quite a number of questions, and i do not really like to email you, in case you are too busy and therefore be troubled to answer my mail. of course, email me ONLY if it would not bring you any trouble. sorry for my bothering you, and thank you very, very much for spending time to read mr review. :]
yukiko chapter 8 . 5/20/2003
Amatsu mikaboshi I hate you!

wow wow wow what a way of explaining Sais downfall, and would have thought that Osusuki was his chidhood friend. Im so happy now, I can finally review this story ( I was without connection for almost 3 weeks! ohh the pain), anyway, if you keep with this story as good you are doing now, believe my i will be more than happy to inflate your ego as much as you want( hint hint).

P.s

1. I liked the dog analogy , it was so fun!

2. Really, Spanish is a hard language, Im a native and i still have problems with the gramatic rules , so if you think your spanish is bad dont get discouraged, with practice youll get better.

3. Are you talking about this "ñ" ?
Cheska chapter 8 . 5/17/2003
*pouts and looks crestfallen* I was hoping there was more... oro...;-; and here I face a 'to be continued' *sigh* I wonder what's next...and the story is amazing! What didn't Hikaru realize? And how will the story end... ? I want to know!
Knightess Silver chapter 8 . 5/17/2003
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this story! DA-ME DA-ME DA-ME! I love it. You completely have me enthralled. The Hikaru/Osusuki link parts are soo cool. FINISH THE STORY DAMMIT! Make sure there's some lovely Hikaru/Sai fluff to end it all, ne! _
always together chapter 8 . 5/16/2003
"Without Sai, I don't know what I ..."

Hikaru wiped his nose roughly with his sleeve, than ran his arm across his eyes. "I don't WANT to know."

My, the scene’s very touching ;_;

Hehe, it's funny to see Hikaru scratched himself as a fox. The present tenses of the flashback isn't jarring. It makes sense!

And.. I love to read your long notes as the end of chapter and also a chapter note I gotta laugh my ass off everytime ;) truthfully.

Wah! that sakura trees thingie was nice! It fits the nature of human time perfectly. I like the way it flashed into Osusuki (Hikaru)’s mind once he realized that Sai was to go, sob…

The scene he hit Sai was… real, ne. Since he couldn’t stand the feeling of sending Sai into those evil hands
troisroyaumes chapter 8 . 5/15/2003
I love this story (I've been recommending it everywhere). And your writing is usually perfect, which is why I'm pointing out this slight mistake:

Lose to lose a game, to lose a hat, etc.

Loose loose pants, a loose hangman's noose

But otherwise, the grammar is fine. Hurry up and finish it, or else I'll tear my eyes out in suspense. _ It's such a cool idea. I especially like the way you wrote Sai's character.

...Tari
nadia-kun chapter 8 . 5/13/2003
I can't believe this, I log on every single day for the past week, and when I finally gave up, you posted on the same day. Argh!

Fate is unbearably nasty sometimes. But thank you oh THANK YOU! for finally posting. I thought I was getting a case of Hikaru's fleas by the way I was itching for the next chapter.

Anyway, it's a great chapter (as usual) *grins*

but poor Sai..he was so innocent and trusting. Osusuki blew up big time. I wish Hikaru had hit him more than once, but then he'd probably be eaten by Osusuki...*Eck*

But this doesn't mean I hate Osusuki now, no, I'm just frickin' mad at him. ;(

Actually, I think he's the only OC that I've liked so far of all the fics I've read. He's so real that I almost feel as if you ripped him off some story somewhere. That's how real he is, and how good you are. Ops, did I just help melt Antartica? *grins*

Usually, even if a fanfic character is OOC, you kind of just go along with it cause you know he really exists in a manga or book somewhere and you know his real character, he's just changed or something (or maybe he's on crack). But it's hard to achieve that feeling with an OC, especially one in a fanfic, cause he doesn't have an existing familiar characteristics to fall back on, and just ends up being flat. Ok, did any of that make sense to you? Ugh, I give up! I'm just so bad at conveying ideas. It always comes out jumbled and impossible to comprehend. . Gomen.

And Murinae! I'm adore you but how dare you make lazy me lose my beauty sleep to shuffle to the nearest cyber cafe only to embark on a wild goose chase. Prepare to meet your cruel and fitting punishment! Laughs evilly.

(**Whips out pointy stick and chases Murinae around**)
sakurastar-63 chapter 8 . 5/12/2003
another Chapter!

well, poor sai. he should not have been cursed..

T.T

well, it is great. keep up pls.
Dark Cyradis chapter 9 . 5/12/2003
ARGH, cut off my review! . Sorry, let's try this again...

Wah! Your child Sai is the cutest thing in the world! The childish speech works pretty well, and it does add to the already extreme cuteness of little Sai... Osusuki is fabulous. A damnable asshole for what he inadvertantly did to Sai, but I was still very touched. He is SO 3-dimensional, so believable despite the very different feelings an other-worlder has compared to normal humans-I'm very convinced that he is a lord of the Kitsune, used to a more brutal and guarded world. And the way, in one chapter, you show how little Sai softens his heart...! Oh, I don't have words to explain how wonderful your explanation of his feelings concerning Sai are! I completely understand that unexplainable feeling... that (haha) "mono no aware" feeling of sadness and beauty that comes with death, transience, and fragility. I feel like that too, looking at Sai from Osusuki's pov, and I think putting us and Hikaru inside his Osusuki's head was SO effective because I didn't immediately hate him. I just realized that you wrote him so sympathetically (without the pathetic part) that I was right there with him, panicking when I realized we couldn't save Sai, that we'd made a big mistake, etc. I was feeling the same way as Hikaru after they separated consciousnesses-feeling guilty and relieved that it wasn't really me who did that to Sai, and trying to convince myself that it really wasn't me. That's how engrossing it was! It was a VERY convincing POV-excellent work! You really made Osusuki live!

Sorry this is so long... more comments via email, but for the record-GREAT JOB! I REALLY can't wait for the next chapter and some more Hikaru (who is so much fun to read from you!).
Lavondyss chapter 8 . 5/11/2003
Finally another chapter! A wonderful chapter, as usual. So, you're gonna get the next chapter out tomorrow? Very good. . Keep up the fantastic writing!
fascimility chapter 9 . 5/11/2003
*applauses*Thanks for that great chapter! The flashback thing really works and it does portray the story very nicely. Keep up the great work!

And btw, thanks for the email! Don't worry about the use of Japanese terms, most people will understand evern if they don't know Jap (like me for instance)

Keep up the brillaint work and update soon! .
240 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »