Reviews for In the Forests of the Night
ChaoticThought chapter 18 . 10/8/2004
One of the best stories I've ever read. Everthing was strangely plausable and the imagery! Everything was so well written! I can't even begin to decribe how good this is...and I just spent the last two hours reading this thing. I love this, I really do.

I really hope you keep writing (hopefully more Hikago -) This is going on my favorites.
firedraygon chapter 18 . 10/8/2004
*sobs*

I can't believe it's over. I love this fic so much! The punchlines are timed so beautifully, and the epilogue is so touching. I'm sad that Sai left, but...

In any case, this was awesome. Please write more soon!

~firedraygon97
GoldenRat chapter 15 . 9/29/2004
WOW! This fic totally rocks. This is epic, I love the detail, the Japanese fairy tale feel. Everything is so well done! Please update soon!
troisroyaumes chapter 15 . 7/13/2004
Oh my gosh. I should actually use the Author Alert feature so I can keep up with your updates. I can't believe that this has been up for months and I haven't read it until now.

What can I say? You surpass yourself every time. I read about the Heart of the Game-and initially, I thought it was just going to be some kind of mystical place...by turning it into a real battlefield, you completely surprised me and transformed the idea into something so much more meaningful than anything I imagined. Then I read Hikaru struggling with himself to see the game, to play the game, and then I suddenly felt that I understood him better than ever, that somehow you'd captured the /meaning/ of who he is and why he plays, the very essence of the reason why Hikaru no Go managed to take over my brain completely. And then...the final confrontation...oh my gosh, I think my mind is dazed. I feel the same way that I did when I read the last line of that last chapter of Hikaru no Go, at the end of the Hokuto Cup tournament. I can't really explain it, but that sense of "Yes! This is it! This is what it was all about!" In any case, words cannot describe how much I love this fic. I'm almost disappointed that it's nearing the end. ;_;

I have a livejournal too ( ~tarigwaemir/). Currently I'm on hiatus, but I wanted to ask you ahead of time if I could add you to my friends list when I return. _; And I hope you keep writing. This was so, so, so, so wonderful.

(Pardon my incoherence...I'm always like this after I read something incredible. _)
Akira chapter 16 . 6/15/2004
*yawns* Damn took me nearly eight hours to read this out. I was up from 7:00 pm to 2:00 am. Oh, well nice job one of the longest, best written, anime fanfics I have EVER read! *yawns and climbs into bed* Buenos Noches or Buenos Dias (buenos noches good night, buenos dias good morning
Kou-Kagerou chapter 15 . 6/14/2004
Whoa, just whoa. Words fail me here and all thats left is a sense of awe and the inspiration to draw the last couple battle scenes (If I ever get it finished I'll send a copy of it to you).

Man the end when Hikaru called out Touya and sacrificed himself... that was great. I was tearing up when Hika saw that look in Touya's eyes. Gaahh! I so wanna draw that in manga format (too bad my panel skills suck big time). I really had no idea how this story was gonna end, so to me it seems that everything falls into place naturally. LoL, although, I'm gonna have to read thru this thing one more time (uninterrupted) to really get all the feelings and what not fixed in my mind. Since its been so long between posts my mind's recollections of the past events are just a bit hazy.

And to think, in human terms of time and space, it all took place in one night. Wow.

can't wait fer the epilogue!
reichan chapter 15 . 6/11/2004
my god,i have no words to describe it. i wanted to cry at some point in the story, when hikaru was at the battlefield, i believe... muri-san, you've outdone yourself. it's a masterpiece... .
Coca-Cola chapter 15 . 5/28/2004
Wow. Three chapters at once. Review... oO

Aw, come on, not even a pounce from Kojoro on Hikaru when he eventually wins? XD Or even a spinning hug deal? How about a lick on the cheek? Books of Magic is a fun read. And you can't say it's ripping off Harry Potter! If anything, Harry Potter ripped this off a bit. ;

Interesting... you can feel Hikaru's fear as he realises more of what is at sake and what the battle is. o_O The Game of the Heart is freaky and scary. XD

Sugawara no Akitada... is funny. ;

Neat. With the way the fic moves, it's just like in the anime with the tension play. oO How Go is turned into a real battle is interesting. Pretty eerie too.

The part when Touya Akira sort of shows up... great. Also almost yaoi in thinking, but nevermind. XD

"Fujisaki, Tsutsui, Kaga, Mitani, Kaneko" - wouldn't he have thought of Fujisaki as Akari seeing as she is a childhood friend? oO

But yay, all his friends show up. That's a scene which would make you go 'aww' if they weren't about to be slaughtered. XD

And at the end... O_O

I look forward to the epilogue. Thanks for the fun chapters!
fireash chapter 15 . 5/18/2004
man oh man that is one long night hehe. beautifully written so far. can't wait for the end. oh i finally got to read the part that was cut off. sometimes my computer hates me. you are a great writer! i suck at details like that. thanks for sharing and can't wait to see how it ends!
fireash chapter 14 . 5/17/2004
dang it. the last chapter was cut off. is it posted somewhere else? well i will finish reading it tomorrow. love it so far. very intense.
fireash chapter 4 . 5/17/2004
oh just started reading it. great so far. but gotta go to work.
always together chapter 15 . 5/11/2004
I think you explained Torajiro's POV of his past very well. The view towards his mother, his life, and Sai. It feels like Torajiro got even cuter in this latest part. Love it o
The Heart of the Game reminds me somewhat of Hikaru's dream in "Swinging a Sword at the Waves." Though it (SASATW) seemed to give me a nightmare, we knows it's really worth reading, ne.
I'm really glad to know that writing this ficcie "unwind" you. As well as drawing "cures". *grin* Cuz this fan really wanna see more of your works!
I like the scene Hikaru using fan blocking sword very much. Cuz, honestly, I don't think anyone could hold a fan as grandly as the way he does. _
ShiniJekka chapter 15 . 5/6/2004
This has long been one of my favorite stories on , and somehow I'd forgotten about it during the rush of life. Earlier this evening I remembered. I've just finished your chapter 10, see, and in the aftermath of Hikaru "being sliced like a ham", I've yet to recover from my shock. Shock? I suppose.
This last chapter was beautiful. BEAUTIFUL. How often do you hold your breath while reading? The Touya appearance? I love it. I need it. So well done that any sort of camp it may have had never even occured to me.
I really, really, want to see the end of this fic.. and the same time, not. Because then, it will have ended. But at the very least, I was able to read it, and there is joy for me in your writing. Thank you.
CM Aeris chapter 15 . 4/26/2004
YATTA! You updated! _ Your story is great as usual! And fortunately I finally found someone that has the anime since my sis won't let me buy the series. It's better then I thought! I'm only up to episode twenty something, but I'll finish it sooner or later! I hope your story stays this good!
Naruto: (sighs) Mokuba left with her other little brothers on vacation and left her to work with her stories. WAH! I'm stuck as her son! No fair!
(bops Naruto over the head) Keep up the great work! I'll be cheering for you!
firedraygon chapter 15 . 4/21/2004
Wai, great job with the battle scene! XP Not boring at all.
Heh, the...'hero-figure' that comes in is very unexpected. But it's so great. I like the concept you came up with to beat (?) the Dark Lord.
Please write more soon! Your fic is so wonderful!
~firedraygon97