Reviews for In the Forests of the Night
Shingo the Pest chapter 15 . 4/16/2004
I haven't gone to read the notes yet, and I'm absolutely twitching to read them, but I am also just twitching to respond because- because- *twitchtwitch*
I KNEW IT! I bleepin' fr*ckin' KNEW it!
And the not slicing thing. No, no no no, it's not the slicing that I’m worked up about, though I’ll get to that later. It's the- the- the- YOU know! The- the- I just KNEW the HE was gonna- gonna- Yeah. *goes silent for a moment before starting up the fangirl twitching again*
...please excuse me as I go and finish my fangirl moment in privacy. And I promise to say something intelligent in my next review. Hopefully. *walks away with as much dignity as a twitching, shrieking fangirl can muster*
GBMKio chapter 16 . 4/15/2004
o.O hikaru dead? NO!
...heheh it was a great story! ah well all good things come to an end i guess...
ying87 chapter 15 . 4/15/2004
well... i got hooked onto and sucked into this story and just couldn't stop reading... i'm really sorry for not reviewing for each individual chapter, but i just couldn't stop till i reach the very end, but its not the end yet is it? hope the conclusion comes out really really soon...
i really liked the touya/haku idea, i totally agree that they must have been separated at birth... the characters are really wonderful! very in depth and i just love the flashbacks, through the memories of osusuki... this character is very well developed, i dun noe whether to hate him and bash him up or to pat him on the head and say aw! ( i think neither would work cause he'd probably just gobble me whole... ) wow, this review is turning out to be really long... kk, this story is angsty, sweet ( i always find sweet stuff in the angstiest stories ), and has just the right sense of humor... definitely one of my fav hikago fics of all time... kk, won't bother you any longer, just update soon!
Dragon lady9 chapter 15 . 4/14/2004
That was an enteresting ending. COOKIE FOR YOU! You weren't cliche. ~claps like Sai~ YAY!
I've never read a fanfic where ghosts play board games against Satan before! ...Oo;
aijikia chapter 15 . 4/13/2004
Okay, Hikaru is alive right? I like the ending. I think that's what the basic idea of the manga is about, except I always had a hard time trying to grasp it. I understood the eternal rival thing, but the Hand of God always got me in a stump. The way you explained it was great. It makes a lot of sense on what I think Hotta-sensei was trying to convey.
Dragon Lady9 chapter 16 . 4/13/2004
This is a wonderful story. You've gone so much farther than the world of Hikaru no Go. You've gone into...life itself. I told one other writer on this site that they should write professionally. And you should too. If you wrote original stories, you'd be rich! This is far better than anything I could write.
Keep writing, PLEASE!
anon chapter 15 . 4/12/2004
So... I was totally not expecting this ending, but it does make sense. Is there going to be an epilogue? I'd like to know what happened to the characters aside from Hikaru. Anyways, I love this story, and I'm amazed at how strong it's been throughout. Good work.
Ookla The Mok chapter 15 . 4/6/2004
Mook? That's a new one; most people who mess it up say "Monk"...
Anyway I don't know what I expected, but this chapter was not it. It sure was cool though, like the earlier chapters.
I personally don't play Go so the metaphor works fine for me.
I didn't expect Touya, but it makes perfect sense. Now what happens next!
p.s. Yuu and Retro and Marduk do Fullmetal Alchemist. I just qc sometimes...I've got the books though, and you should get them too!
Prismatic chapter 16 . 4/3/2004
Finding that you had updated again was like finding a ruby on the sidewalk. This fic is not only well-written and unique, it's emotionally powerful and artfully constructed. I don't even have a way to describe the emotions I felt reading this fic, except to say that you're apparently REALLY GOOD at making me cry, and I'm glad I don't have a roommate anymore, so there's no one here to see.
Kaitou Magician chapter 15 . 4/2/2004
This is incredible. It's not fanfiction, it's like a novel. This is THE best fanfiction I have ever read. Without a doubt. This is perfect. I can't wait for the end.
summercloud chapter 15 . 4/1/2004
Thank you so much for posting! I really enjoyed this. Comments? The "go game as a battle" worked for me, especially once you started interspersing thoughts and action. It had that hard to follow aspect that made me really sit up and pay attention. And, of course, the ending really took my breath away.
Thank you for not having a "happily ever after" ending. The best kind of endings are those that are so harsh they're beautiful.
You rock, dude. (Heh.)
Jaid Skywalker chapter 16 . 4/1/2004
This is such a great story. I was getting discouraged with the HnG fiction I was finding on this site, but I'm definately looking more and more forward to the rest of this one! I just wished that I could find this Perfect Characters guide you were talking about. Where is it?
Shimizu Hitomi chapter 15 . 3/30/2004
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. I am utterly amazed. The Touya link is an amazing twist, and very fitting. Dragons and Tigers, eh? Absolutely beautiful.
Your characterization of Torajiro is stunning as well.
What game did you use? I'm curious. (Currently reading your notes.)
On sekis: I believe seki isn't a term that describes an entire game, exactly. It's usually used to describe the status of individual life and death positions on the board. Typically in the corner. (Tsumego! _) It would be difficult for an entire game to end up as seki, if not impossible. ALthough there are various other weird positions (chosei, for instance) that do force the game to end in a draw. At most a seki could force a tie, assuming there's no komi.
Anyways, I'm eagerly looking forward to the conclusion of this incredibly brilliant story. _ (HURRY AND UPDATE!)
Universe chapter 15 . 3/29/2004
oh...there's a conclusion chapter not up yet...right? i thought it was the end (which gave me a heart attack). i can see how much time n effort u put into this fic...truly amazing...u have my full admiration. and after reading this fic, especially chap 10b n 10c, i finally realise how weak my English is haha. i felt like i was reading a book by a top author. u could not still be a student right? to be honest i kind of lose track of what was happening in 10c...i could not really understand what u r saying...gomen~. but i could briefly get the idea though...
anyway, amazing fic by an amazing you. i doubt i have ever read a fanfic with such good English used. eagerly waiting for the conclusion!
Fletset chapter 15 . 3/29/2004
So like... you really killed him? ;-;
E...evil...
Well, I must admit that I didn't understand some parts, but that's my fault and my fault alone, for English isn't my native language, and I need to concentrate while reading it. And, well... these are four, long, NEW, chapters I read today (for something like... 4-5 hours), and I lost concentration here and there. Oh well, guess I'll have to re-read some parts.
And.. umm... I really do get the impression you killed him. Am I hoping for nothing when I think that maybe you fool us all?
He won, at leat? o.O
*E2K is very confused...*
Oh, well. Still- great story! :)
240 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »