Reviews for Picture This
Kate Lynn chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
Nicely done. The opening nicely captured Snape's snide attitude. It was also a very original fic. At times it was a little confusing, but that could be 'end of the week' syndrome on my part. Overall, it flowed very well. And the ending was very sweet. Thanks for sharing this. :)
Kate Lynn
Daintress chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
That's really weird. You are right about the originality, though. I think I've read a quarter of what's on this site and never come across one like it. Keep up the good work. Hope you'll take a look at my fics as well.
AnonyMiss J chapter 1 . 10/6/2003
O_O...this is one of, if not the most unique fanfiction I have ever read, Severus/Hermione or other. It is very well-written, and although it is a bit confusing to fully comprehend at this rather late hour (what with the flowery and advanced language and all...not that I have trouble understanding it, just that it's a bit much to take all strung together), it is magic of the written word. I think you should publish this as a short story (with different characters or something), just because it's so different, refreshing and enlightening to read.

regards,

~Lily*
WeAreJorus chapter 1 . 8/29/2003
That was very nice. A new approach like this one is always welcome.
ng3 chapter 1 . 8/12/2003
this is so... much better than any time-turner fics. good and original. wish we could see how the painted Snape felt about having a wand now.
TeaRoses chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
Very original and lovely. Another interesting take on this fun pairing.
Campy Capybara chapter 1 . 6/6/2003
Hi Oz,

I love this story the first time I read this. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I'm reading this, and it's still a satisfying read.

You mentioned the muggle rhyme, and I've got it here below. The usual quote we hear, "Come/Step into my parlor" is a corruption of the original, "Will you walk into my parlor".

It's a moral tale, but hmm... there lurks a plot bunny there somewhere. *grins*

The Spider and the Fly

by Mary Howitt

"Will you walk into my parlor?" said the spider to the fly-

"'Tis the prettiest little parlor that ever you did spy.

The way into my parlor is up a winding stair;

And I have many curious things to show you when you're there."

"Oh, no, no," said the little fly; "to ask me is in vain;

For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again."

"I'm sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high;

Will you not rest upon my little bed?" said the spider to the fly.

"There are pretty curtains drawn around; the sheets are fine and thin;

And if you like to rest awhile, I'll snugly tuck you in!"

"Oh, no, no," said the little fly; "for I've often heard it said,

They never, never wake again, who sleep upon your bed!"

Said the cunning spider to the fly-"Dear friend, what can I do

To prove the warm affection I've always felt for you?"

"I thank you, gentle sir," she said, "for what you're pleased to say,

And bidding you good-morning now, I'll call another day."

The spider turned him round about, and went into his den,

For well he knew the silly fly would soon come back again;

So he wove a subtle web in a little corner sly,

And set his table ready, to dine upon the fly.

Then he came out to his door again, and merrily did sing-

"Come hither, hither, pretty fly, with the pearl and silver wing;

Your robes are green and purple-there's a crest upon your head!

Your eyes are like the diamond bright but mine are dull as lead!"

Alas! alas! how very soon this silly little fly,

Hearing his wily, flattering words, came slowly flitting by.

With buzzing wings she hung aloft, then near and nearer drew;

Thinking only of her brilliant eyes, her green and purple hue-

Thinking only of her crested head-poor foolish thing! At last,

Up jumped the cunning spider, and firmly held her fast!

He dragged her up his winding stair, into his dismal den,

Within his little parlor-but she ne'er came out again!

And now, dear little children, who may this story read,

To idle, silly, flattering words, I pray you ne'er give heed;

Unto an evil counselor close heart, and ear and eye,

And take a lesson from this tale of the Spider and the Fly.
Dame Niamh chapter 1 . 5/19/2003
Brilliant! An intriguing premise, beautifully developed in a small space.

You've given the reader an interesting new look into character (I love the backhand swat you've given that snotty git, Draco).

More, please!

Blessilngs be,

Dame Niamh
dedanaan chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
Kind of neat to read a story from the portrait's point of view. It would be like being in Hell to be trapped between Hermione and Draco for all eternity.
g14 chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
This is a really supper good fic.I'm really impressed by all of the good HP Fanfics that are here.
Susanne chapter 1 . 4/23/2003
I really love this. Really unusual, beautiful use of language and grammar to create a lovely story. I kind of wish it could be turned into a longer piece, although it's current incarnation is excellent as it is.

Well done.

Susanne
risi chapter 1 . 4/20/2003
This was cute. I'd love to see what the painting thinks of all this. His real self being happy and married and soon to be a parent. BTW, the rhyme is by Mary Howitt (1799 -18) and you can find the whole poem here:
Sci-Fi Nut chapter 1 . 4/20/2003
I had read this story on one of the sites a while back and liked it then also. Wonderfully well written and you have Snape's character down perfectly. I thought it was funny in that he was grumbling about his lack of a wand even after 10 years and I can just see Hermione bullying the artist into rectifying such an omission, if only for peace of mind and the retention of their sanity.

BTW I loved the following lines:

~ Happy…twins…great Merlin – Hermione Granger and I are an ‘item’. If I ever get the chance to see Albus’ portrait, I’m going to hex him into oblivion. Even without a wand I’m sure I could work myself into enough of a lather to make his bunions worse. ~

Bunions beware! Hope to see more of your work soon.

~Jules
Fleab chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
I liked this story, it begs for a sequel when the picture of Hermione joins Snape's in the living room. Funnily enough, I just did a portrait of Snape (a request). Do you think it would suit this story?

It can be found here: group/Pseudologica_Fantastica_Repository/
Klingon1701 chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
Liked it! Great new twist. Keep posting and writing, I want to see more.